What is Adam Baldwin thinking?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: What is Adam Baldwin thinking?

Postby Elomin Sha » 03 Oct 2014, 15:00

Do people remember what happened with the Kane and Lynch review and Gamespot? Why wasn't there this much furor back then?
Last edited by Elomin Sha on 03 Oct 2014, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 03 Oct 2014, 15:06

Yup. Gertsmann's firing spawned GiantBomb, no?

-m

Edit: to answer your second question, for a number of reasons, including the fact that gertsmann's departure from Gamespot wasn't confirmed to be a termination over K&L until 5 years later; oh and also that story didn't involve a woman for the Internet to hate.

I am not angry at you.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 03 Oct 2014, 15:11

I did not know that.
Back with his firing there was a call to boycott Gamespot and other cnet affiliates. I've maintained that since the incident.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Firbozz
First Video: Don't remember... 2-3 years ago

Postby Firbozz » 03 Oct 2014, 17:14

Zizek's off the deep end once and a while... but I think he's got some pertinent points here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4WAXQJyxCo).
What we have here is a group that has an incredibly stron ideology, and will do anything to defend it.

Frankly as long as a movement's founded on anonymity, it is not in a position to make claims about who does and does not represent their movement. If GG'ers truly want their movement to continue in a constructive manner, they can't put themselves in a position where any nonnie can use the hashtag and claim to represent the movement. Until that changes, I will continue to group ALL members of the movement together, regardless of their personal distinctions as to which "camp" of the movement they fall into.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 03 Oct 2014, 17:56

korvys wrote:Friends, I would like to remind everyone who feels like engaging in something that is TOTALLY CENSORSHIP and therefore the worst thing in the world, the Foe list exists, and I highly recommend it's use in CENSORING the TRUTH :P

FTFY. ;)
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 03 Oct 2014, 21:49

Discussion is important, but I think everyone has said their piece. This kind of debate isn't really what this forum is about, and I think it's pretty clear that everyone is very set in their opinions, so I'm gonna lock this down.

We've had a good chat but there are plenty of places online for discussing this topic, I don't think we need another.

Thanks, all.

Return to “General Discussion”