A Vegan 30-day challenge

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
BaronVonRatsworth
First Video: How to talk like a pirate

A Vegan 30-day challenge

Postby BaronVonRatsworth » 01 Sep 2014, 10:38

My friend is in charge of the Vegan group at the University of Rochester. She is running a kickstarter to help support the organization and has asked me to spread the word to as many people as possible. When thinking about people I knew who are aggressively friendly I thought of the Runners.

Anyone who wishes to do a 30 vegan challenge should post about it here so I can show her. Any discussions of veganism or vegetarianism is also greatly welcome. Any vegan recipes should also be shared. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a nice day.

http://www.rockethub.com/projects/47787 ... -challenge
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Re: A Vegan 30-day challenge

Postby Avistew » 01 Sep 2014, 21:24

Sounds interesting. I'm already vegetarian (used to be veganish. I ate eggs once in a blue moon) but I could be a vegan again for 30 days. Although it looks like the first week will just be normal food for me :P And pretty much the second week, come to think of it. Cheese is the only dairy I have regularly, I only have dairy milk when I can't afford the other kinds and I don't like yogurts and stuff.

I'm looking forward to seeing recipes though. I would also like to know more about what to do with other people's food. I cook for my husband, meaning I still buy and cook meat most days. Am I supposed to drop that too? I doubt he'd be willing to take the challenge and if I don't cook for him he'll probably just not eat at all or grab something terrible from a drive-through.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 01 Sep 2014, 22:42

I'm currently looking into diy soylent, certain recipes of which are vegan.

The best I could manage with normal food is vegetarianism though, possibly pescetarianism (I think that smoked salmon is too lovely, can't be helped). I have an excellent lasagne recipe that is vegetarian if you leave out the Worcester sauce (contains anchovy), I've never tried it with soy milk and cheese, though if you like that stuff and the proteins are good enough that it browns on top in the oven (though soy sauce may help here), it could work.

I once had a vegan lasagne pancake at a restaurant that was amazing, and I've tried a few times (unsuccessfully) to recreate the recipe.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
BaronVonRatsworth
First Video: How to talk like a pirate

Postby BaronVonRatsworth » 01 Sep 2014, 23:14

I personally mostly know how to make vegan desserts. I started cooking vegan desserts cause that way I could make sure I could share my desserts with the most number of my friends during college. I have to say the look of pure joy on their face when you give them a vegan cupcake is totally worth it. :)

So I've made this as cupcakes with and without the frosting. Tis good either way and as a cake it's also good. When making as cupcakes you might want to reduce the cooking time down to 15-20 minutes.

http://www.marthastewart.com/318062/dou ... ke-recipes
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 01 Sep 2014, 23:52

A lot of vegan cheese is disgusting, but when I was vegan I enjoyed a fake "parmesan" that I made myself with flax seeds, miso and yeast. It was really tasty, didn't melt or anything but had a nice cheesy taste.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)

Return to “General Discussion”