Television We're Watching Now

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Darkflame
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Re: Television We're Watching Now

Postby Darkflame » 12 May 2017, 11:53

Robo4900 wrote:Agents of Shield is very good. Must admit, I wasn't a huge fan the first half of the first season, and I thought season 3 was pretty spotty too in its second half, but I'm really enjoying the current season.

Oh , yes, the show swings up and down rapidly in quality. Its all over the place.
When its good though it can be very good.
I think my top bit was when it tied into the second captain america film. That worked well.

Anyway; Shields been renewed.
--
Stargates great indeed. Plots can be 'meh' at times but the chemistry of the characters works fantastically keeping it entertaining. I liked the film, but the series blew it out the water in terms of casting.

Anyway, when your finished your stargates, you should give Farscape a go if you haven't already. That also was a bit slow for half a season, but then went better and better and better imho.
http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.
Aeralis
First Video: enn: Nerd Flu

Postby Aeralis » 12 May 2017, 12:23

Started up Six Feet Under a little while back. It's alright, I guess.

The new MST3K is a LOT better than I expected! Once you get past the kinda jarring transition to modern day references and increased ability to perform sight gags it really does feel like the same show. (Gypsy's new voice STILL throws me off pretty hardcore though.)
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 14 May 2017, 14:29

@Aeralis - I really liked the new MST3K as well. I don't really mind the new Gypsy voice as much as it gets another real female voice on the show, but the new Tom voice actor is nothing like Kevin Murphy and to me, it's a little jarring. During hte movie riffs there's no real issue, but during the skits, it just doesn't feel like him. Crow, however, is almost perfect.
Aeralis
First Video: enn: Nerd Flu

Postby Aeralis » 15 May 2017, 15:53

I think I'm finding it easier to adjust to the new Tom and Crow voices because this isn't the first time they've gotten new voices, and they're still pretty in the ball park, while Gypsy's new voice is just SO radically different.
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 26 May 2017, 08:16

Twin Peaks is out <3
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 28 May 2017, 22:37

Gonna try to get some Rick & Morty whenever that shows up.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Darkflame
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Darkflame » 30 May 2017, 16:49

I heard good things about Rick and Morty, but when I tried the first epp it just seemed like a bttf riff filled with crude humour :-/ Maybe it gets better.
==
MS3TK - S11 Never saw the original (gasp!), but seen a lot of webshows taking inspiration.
Imho, while not all jokes hit - in fact most dont - it doesn't matter as they come in so thick and fast it stays entertaining.
Netflix/Kickstarter Win.

Sense8 S2E1-2 - Great high-paced start to the new season.
Netflix Win.

Riverdale S01- urh. Dont bother. I admire the risk they took with the crazy origin of the show and the direction they took. They also do a good job making a single murder mystery with a large cast of varying motivation characters work.
Ultimately though its just not interesting enough.It also particularly fails at times when characters loss all agency just to make the plot work. Only happens a few times, but by god its dumb.
Netflix fail.
http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 03 Jun 2017, 08:01

Darkflame wrote:I heard good things about Rick and Morty, but when I tried the first epp it just seemed like a bttf riff filled with crude humour :-/ Maybe it gets better.

It does improve, quite tremendously. I wasn't hooked at first either; it took me about 4 or 5 episodes to really get into it.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 04 Jun 2017, 22:27

Yeah, the whole range of the type of humor is displayed by the time you get to Rick Potion #9 so if you've gotten to there and still don't like it, give it a pass.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Return to “General Discussion”