New Quest Available!

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Re: New Quest Available!

Postby JustAName » 30 Mar 2015, 19:44

Stepz, do that but have all the questions be nerdy pop culture references.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 30 Mar 2015, 20:21

I'm already accused of having a "secret language" with one of my students who is into nerd-culture. I don't think a pop-quiz on such would do him any good.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 30 Mar 2015, 20:21

Awwww

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

2stepz

Postby 2stepz » 31 Mar 2015, 13:54

New thought of the day... I think I'm going to turn all of my desks backwards so students face the windows instead of the board... (Only because I don't need the board tomorrow anyway.)
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 31 Mar 2015, 13:55

I like it :D

2stepz

Postby 2stepz » 31 Mar 2015, 14:02

2stepz wrote:I'm already accused of having a "secret language" with one of my students who is into nerd-culture. I don't think a pop-quiz on such would do him any good.

Example of such 'secret language' from today. Student, speaking outloud regarding his homework, "You can't be serious!" My response "You're right, I'm Regulus. Wrong Brother." The other 4 students in the room at the time looked at me with the blankest of faces... while he just grinned ear to ear.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 31 Mar 2015, 15:19

2stepz wrote:Student, speaking outloud regarding his homework, "You can't be serious!" My response "You're right, I'm Regulus. Wrong Brother."
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 31 Mar 2015, 15:34

I actually recently had an idea of a creepy prank to pull on someone. But I'll likely never do it, because I'd hate to have it happen to me.

Edit together a video with a creepy image. Have it on a clock where it has the image play for about 10-20 seconds, then fades to static (hence why it needs to be a video, to have the static sound). Have it fade back in, but the image is different. Repeat this about 4-5 times.

Invite someone over. Turn on the TV (starting the video as you do), then take the remote and go into the other room (using the excuse to make food, or something similar). When they see it, they'll likely call you over. Try to make sure to time is so you come in just as the static comes back up. Make sure to leave the room by the time the image comes back up. Basically repeat this until the end of the video, which is either a jump-scare, or a silly stupid image.

As for suggestions for the images... either a "The Ring" like series of images of a girl getting closer, a creepy face shifting over the screen, or, if the person you intend to do this to is a Doctor Who fan (or maybe even if not), the Weeping Angel images from that one episode.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 31 Mar 2015, 23:53

Well, I had a fun idea for a prank tonight, but I'm not a fan of pulling them and also don't have the time to sink into this to do it right, but here's my thought:
Yesterday, there was a lynx (or maybe a bobcat?) in my family's yard, and so they're all on edge and wary of letting cats out. I was thinking of downloading a page from a local newspapers' website, opening it up in notepad, and using what I remember of HTML to change the article to one about some sort of escaped domesticated wildcat in the area, maybe trained for a movie or something (there's one being shot about five minutes away). I could include a picture that looks close to it, and maybe say there's a reward. Once it was done, I could just upload it somewhere online and email a link to my family using a URL shortener so they don't get tipped off that it isn't the paper's site too early.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 01 Apr 2015, 04:38

Hide under my little sister's bed. Wait until she sits on it or lies down. Slowly push upwards every so often. If she looks under the bed: "Would you like a pancake?"
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 01 Apr 2015, 07:48

Oh my glob. I just went button-down and slacks, but Clark went full tux. He has a cummerbund and a bow tie. I'll post the full office picture when I get the chance.

KidSpanner
First Video: Installation Anxiety (2010)

Postby KidSpanner » 01 Apr 2015, 12:21

Declare it "Avocado Appreciation Day" at the office. Set out bowls of chips, trays of crackers with globs of guacamole (some with sour cream), sushi rolls that incorporate sliced avocado, and of course a large bowl of your homemade guacamole made just like grandma taught you. Every 3rd triscuit is topped with wasabi. Every 4th roll is stuffed with wasabi. Grandma's guacamole? Nothing but lemon juice, cilantro and wasabi.

Wasabi everywhere.

Wasabi forever.

I mistook a hunk of wasabi for a hunk of avocado in my lunch today. It was a thing.
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 02 Apr 2015, 11:34

It's an oldie but a goodie. I was just talking to people on Messenger/Skype and hyping an article then BAM rickrolled.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 03 Apr 2015, 13:46

It would be easy for me to prank someone in the office by setting up our notifications server to text/email them at small intervals. It's happened to me by accident before. Good times.
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 03 Apr 2015, 23:33

Best I could think of(but didn't do) was putting salt instead of sugar in my hubby's tea. >_>;

I'm really no good at pranks.
Hurp-De-Durp!
fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Postby fantôme » 04 Apr 2015, 08:30

Call it playful mischief or call it schadenfreude, I'll admit I do enjoy a spot of gaslighting every once in a while - changing the time on people's clocks, rearranging objects in a room, loosening the screws on doorknobs.

I'm also a fan of slapstick, and though I've never been stealthy enough to do so, I'd love to tie somebody's shoelaces to their chair, (à la Harris/Hubert/Hamish).
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 04 Apr 2015, 09:14

An awful lot of these pranks aren't sounding very pleasant for the people you're pulling them on, guys!

Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 04 Apr 2015, 09:17

Pranks aren't generally nice.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Postby fantôme » 04 Apr 2015, 09:25

Fayili wrote:An awful lot of these pranks aren't sounding very pleasant for the people you're pulling them on, guys!

You can't make an omelette without breaking a few legs? No, you're right, I'm sorry. I'm a bad person.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 04 Apr 2015, 09:41

So, most of the people I know are aware of my LRR obsession, but only a few have had me describe to them the wonderful concept of clubbing. One person who hasn't is an old schoolfriend I'm meeting for a drink this weekend, and I usually find it easy enough to drop the subject into conversation. I regale with stories, including the cake incident and James' wedding, before finishing my drink and excusing myself to the toilet. Upon returning, I tell the party at large I'm going for another beer and ask if one of them can pass my wallet from my jacket pocket.

Guess what I'll be keeping in that pocket?
Last edited by My pseudonym is Ix on 04 Apr 2015, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
JustAName

Postby JustAName » 04 Apr 2015, 10:04

See, that one's nice. Nobody is humiliated or hurt, it's clever, everyone has a good laugh, and nobody is left unhappy.

Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 04 Apr 2015, 10:25

I'd like to reclaim 1000EXP for Quest #3 as I had nachos and jalapenos for the first time today.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 04 Apr 2015, 14:19

Pleasant Prank.

Lady Hosk and I told the hosklings that they got a special after school treat in the mail from my aunt. When they got home they were all excited to get candy which they had decided was the treat.

They were distracted by the water balloons that each hand a handful of jelly beans in them and air.

After they got done shaking the "Balloon shakers" they begged us for the candy, which we told them that we already gave them to them.

They were very upset and yelled at me (predictably) so I said "THATS IT!" took the balloons and started cutting the tops off them and dropping them on the floor.

The girls picked them up because they were upset and were pleased when candy poured out. We then had a conversation about not complaining about good things.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 05 Apr 2015, 06:50

...And have we reminded you recently about what great parents you are? Not necessarily nice parents, but definitely a pair who will take situation like this and pull just about the least harmful prank on your daughters possible, give them what they wanted (ultimately) AND leave them with a life-lesson moral at the end?

Again, you two give me hope for the future. Image
betsytheripper
First Video: Scientist's Rebuttal to ICP

Postby betsytheripper » 05 Apr 2015, 21:39

I think it would have been really fun to use scotch tape or another easily removable clear tape to put moustaches, monocles, and tophats on all the pictures of the faculty for the department. Maybe some transparencies would work better.
-betsy

Return to “General Discussion”