BDSM Discussion Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Re: BDSM Discussion Thread

Postby korvys » 16 Sep 2015, 12:44

Well, that's annoying. Guess I have to do it this way: Leatherwork September 2015

The collar, btw, is rather rough, though it doesn't show in the photos. It was sort of a prototype.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 16 Sep 2015, 14:54

korvys wrote:Well, that's annoying. Guess I have to do it this way: Leatherwork September 2015

The collar, btw, is rather rough, though it doesn't show in the photos. It was sort of a prototype.

Looking good.

How did you start out with leatherworking? Seems like a nice hobby to get into, but I'd have no idea where to get started.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
korvys

Postby korvys » 16 Sep 2015, 15:20

I'm not sure, really. I just sort of... started. I sort of confuse myself sometimes. I like old hand-made things, made of leather and wood, but I don't actually like to have those things in my house, cause they clutter up the place. I like the idea of working with traditional techniques, but I don't like dismissing new techniques in favour of traditional ones.

Anyway, after falling into the BDSM scene, it seem like a good time to try it out. Started reading forums (http://leatherworker.net/forum/ mostly) and ordered some stuff online, and away I went.

Most of my life is spent with a computer (work and home), but it's nice having a thing that takes me away from that (though most of my notes are digital).

keybase.io
CamelKnackRambleHort
First Video: Cursing

Postby CamelKnackRambleHort » 17 Sep 2015, 21:43

Wow, those are gorgeous. Store bought stuff is nice and practical, but there is just something so much better about home made gear.
She/her please
Goblin_Ski_Patrol
First Video: Unskippable: The Darkness

Postby Goblin_Ski_Patrol » 05 Jan 2016, 07:38

So, I was looking for an appropriate thread for another link post and found this, I found this link to be somewhat interesting:https://bdsmtest.org/.
BlueChloroplast
First Video: something on the escapist

Postby BlueChloroplast » 20 Jan 2016, 20:28

Interesting but I'm not sure how useful. It taught me some new terms but didn't tell me anything new. At least the questions are more specific than those job aptitude tests so it might be of some use to somebody that has no idea.
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 11 Mar 2016, 09:06

Just came across this article. The implications seem... troubling. To say the least.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Kronopticon
First Video: Phailhaus

Postby Kronopticon » 12 Mar 2016, 17:55

The possibility of banning certain BDSM activities is troubling to be sure. But personally I feel the likelihood of this happening is slim as it would be, after all, a violation of privacy. Admittedly the case being sketchy upon the determination of consent or otherwise being given beforehand.

The difficulty (legally) being that since the deliberations are verbal and private; it is very difficult to prove that consent was ever given. Although some circumstances can be raised when a safeword is used and not adhered to. Or they pertain that the act was against their will, regardless of the fact they could've used a safeword and they had a good half hour to change their mind while their intricate rope body harness was tied before any other significant acts had taken place.

The argument that BDSM shouldn't be allowed because of some dangers that are apparent is a strange argument because you can make the same argument for things like skydiving (In that it is dangerous and enjoyable all the same). In which it is safe, so long as it is done right.

The same applies to guns and knives and virtually any other dangerous hobby. People can be injured, maimed, killed even. The only difference between these and BDSM being the level of emotional involvement. All the same. You cant ban Nuts because someone with an allergy died. You just make sure things are safer.
korvys

Postby korvys » 13 Mar 2016, 02:26

If I'm reading that correctly, it's basically say that just because something is a consensual sexual activity, that doesn't protect it from being regulated, if it was deemed necessary.

Which is pretty much business as usual. A thing could be made illegal, and doing that thing in the privacy of your own home doesn't make it not illegal.

And yeah, it's a bit troubling, and harkens back to anti-homosexuality and sodomy laws. But those laws shouldn't have been struck down because those activities are nobody's business, the they should have been struck down because those activities don't hurt anyone.

BDSM activities could be regulated, but I don't see there being any reason to do so. Existing rape laws should already protect people from those who would try to explain their abuse away as kink, and everyone else is pretty happy with it all. I don't see there being a lot of push to criminalise anyway.

keybase.io
korvys

Postby korvys » 28 May 2016, 20:23

More leatherwork.

keybase.io
type_omega
First Video: no idea

Postby type_omega » 06 Jun 2016, 19:48

@ korvys did you use anything other than the stitching to laminate the leather on that paddle? like barge contact segment maybe ? also where do you get your leather if you dont mind my asking. i am thinking about ordering some from Tandey because there prices seem to be more reasonable than most. Made this out of pleather a while back as its hard to dump $200 on a half a cow hide for your first try at making something and Jo ann fabric usualy has off cuts of pleather for next to nothing in its off cut bin.

i made two of theses one with 18 inch falls (shown) and one with 32 inch falls (that i cant seem to find a picture of) the problem with pleather is its harder to clean and the falls give a "stingy" feel rather than the more "thuddy" feel of leather.
korvys

Postby korvys » 06 Jun 2016, 20:01

Yes, the leather is from Tandy. When it's on special, I can get a shoulder of veg-tanned for about $50, so that's not too bad. Probably more efficient to buy a larger amount, but I'm just dabbling.

It's 4 layers, stuck together with a water-based contact cement (we don't have Barge in Australia) and clamped down to set, then stitched.

keybase.io

Return to “General Discussion”