MORE-GAN

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
dill
First Video: video

MORE-GAN

Postby dill » 18 Oct 2006, 01:46

ITS BEEN A WHILE
BUT I MISS MORGAN
TRIBUTE

http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/index.p ... vanHumbeck
huzzah!
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 18 Oct 2006, 03:52

That is NOT what the cast pages are supposed to be about.

If you want to waste bandwidth on stupid games, maybe it should be your own.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
dill

Postby dill » 18 Oct 2006, 03:54

well i dont want to take ownership over the page but if you say so mr melendwyr
id find if funny if paul and graham, the owners of a site dedicated to "COMEDY" would not find that amusing.
You, melendwyr, are a complete tool.
huzzah!
Fumbles

Postby Fumbles » 18 Oct 2006, 04:10

dill wrote:id find if funny if paul and graham, the owners of a site dedicated to "COMEDY" would not find that amusing.
You, melendwyr, are a complete tool.

whoa slow down dude. Melendwyr only said that the cast page should not be treated that way and he is right. The wiki is for information not outlandish jokes on morgan and shitty Photoshop. They are not really for that type of comedy.
"I'd like to say to all the people of Australia - Kick me, I'm different."- Ron Hitler Barassi

dill

Postby dill » 18 Oct 2006, 04:16

how about you guys stop talking for someone in canada and let them handle it?
your not mods so dont try to be :)
huzzah!
Fumbles

Postby Fumbles » 18 Oct 2006, 04:23

dill wrote:how about you guys stop talking for someone in canada and let them handle it?
your not mods so dont try to be :)

If either Melendwyr or myself was acting like a moderator we would have already taken it down
"I'd like to say to all the people of Australia - Kick me, I'm different."- Ron Hitler Barassi

dill

Postby dill » 18 Oct 2006, 04:27

I rest my case.
huzzah!
Fumbles

Postby Fumbles » 18 Oct 2006, 04:32

The fact is though if you go to the page your crap is still their. He only suggested that it be deleted because that is his opinion. He is allowed to have an opinion.

dill

Postby dill » 18 Oct 2006, 04:39

if you used wikipedia and knew what you were talking about, he went to his own initative and deleted all the content himself.
Myself, being open minded unlike the hitler he is, restored all the content so the world could view it and form their own opinion
huzzah!
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 18 Oct 2006, 04:46

hahahhahahahahahhahahahah

you people need to pull that giant, sand encrusted tampon out of your angry snapping beaver. Really.

That's fucking comic gold. I say keep it. I needed that at 5:30 in the morning.

Morganfield. lawl.
Last edited by Brinson on 18 Oct 2006, 04:51, edited 1 time in total.
dill

Postby dill » 18 Oct 2006, 04:48

Brinson wrote:hahahhahahahahahhahahahah

you people need pull that giant, sand encrusted tampon out of your angry snapping beaver. Really.

Morganfield. lawl.

To all concerned above, i rest my case 8)
huzzah!
Xiang

Postby Xiang » 18 Oct 2006, 04:49

Brinson wrote:hahahhahahahahahhahahahah

you people need pull that giant, sand encrusted tampon out of your angry snapping beaver. Really.

Morganfield. lawl.

Hella :D
- Keep God out of California -
Jer
LRR Crew

Postby Jer » 18 Oct 2006, 07:50

dill wrote:Myself, being open minded unlike the hitler he is, restored all the content so the world could view it and form their own opinion

Because flagging a wiki post for deletion is totally on par with killing nine and a half million people :roll: . Please get things in perspective. Calling Melendwr Hitler when he is only trying to keep the wiki professional is not only demeaning, but also belittles the most horrific event in modern history.

I agree with Melendwyr that this kind of stuff is funny for the forum, but the wiki is intended to be a repository of information. I do think, however, that Morgan's voracious fan following deserves note on his page, and probably an external link to the original forum thread with all the photoshop stuff.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 18 Oct 2006, 08:41

How about moving the content dill added to a seperate page? Cant we have rather silly pages in the wiki along with the serious ones. With a clear distinction between them of course.

I think it is a good idea to have a discussion on what the wiki is or is not - whether is just serious and factual or has a bit of sillyness.

I say we have some sillyness but only in on certian clearly marked pages.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 18 Oct 2006, 08:44

I think maybe make a big collage of all the pics and downsize them. That way it'll still show all this glory, but without all the room taken up.
AND I TOTALLY REMEMBER THAT THREAD!! I thought those were lost! Dill thank you so much for saving those, that was so much fun.
I totally didn't remember the Paul holding the Cardboard one though, or the one of Bill and Morgan.
<3 Dill.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 18 Oct 2006, 09:01

So, it's a wiki dedicated to a site who's main goal is to make people laugh, and when someone posts something to the wiki page about one of the crew members which is funny, people get all angry about it?

w t f?

Edit: Morgan has a sharp barb at the end of his back, which he used to kill Steve Irwin. A stingray took the fall for killing, because he was a big fan.

Wow. Just. Wow.
Kwiksilva

Postby Kwiksilva » 18 Oct 2006, 09:52

I do think the Steve Irwin one is in bad taste.
Nutella is quite possibly the second coming of Christ in spreadable form. -Graham
Jer
LRR Crew

Postby Jer » 18 Oct 2006, 10:17

Lord Chrusher wrote:I think it is a good idea to have a discussion on what the wiki is or is not - whether is just serious and factual or has a bit of sillyness.

I think this makes sense. It's not something we've discussed in the past.

Personally, I am all for sillyness, but I'd like it if the wiki were a consistant and reliable source of well-documented information. Silly stuff is fun, but it gets in the way if you're browsing for actual facts about the site.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 18 Oct 2006, 10:44

dill, you've got to chill out.
To clear some things up: there are no official moderators for the Wiki, Melendwyr is allowed to have as much of an opinion as you are and he's being doing a shitload of work on the wiki, Brinson does not speak for all of us so "resting your case" is moot.

They are also absolutely correct.

We are a comedy site yes, but the wiki is not for comedy. It's an information resource. I find the photoshop images totally hilarious, but that is really not the place for them.
We aren't trying to make people laugh by turning the wiki into joke-town.

I like Jer's idea that they should be on their own page and linked from his profile. Without question they need to be preserved for all time.

Seriously dill, you're a cool guy and I like your pictures, but Melendwyr is not being a nazi and comparing someone to Hitler instantly sucks all credibility out of your side of the arguement.
ryanvdk

Postby ryanvdk » 18 Oct 2006, 10:52

you could mention the fan base in the serious article and then have a link to another page about the Morgan Cult of Personality.

it reminded me of the top 100 facts about Chuck Norris web site.
http://4q.cc/index.php?pid=top100&person=chuck

Chuck Norris once visited the Virgin Islands. They are now The Islands.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 18 Oct 2006, 10:57

Chuck Norris isn't hung like a Horse. Horses are hung like Chuck Norris.

Don't know if that one's on there, but it's my fav.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Captain_Anarchy
FOOLED YOU!!!

Postby Captain_Anarchy » 18 Oct 2006, 11:16

If Bruce Campbell was gay his name would be Chuck Norris.
My hand to God. Baby geese. Goslings. They were juggled.
-Wash
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 18 Oct 2006, 11:19

I love how people make such a huge deal over the Hitler comment, when I've heard just as bad, if not worse, come out of the mouths of a good number of the people on this site.

How's the view on that soapbox?
Unimatsuriku

Postby Unimatsuriku » 18 Oct 2006, 11:20

I concur with Graham, personally I'm not all that into photoshop's of a face on various images, I mean it may appeal to some - obviously it does from the responces given - but personally I think it's a little dull, no offence intented.

I think that sure this is humour but wiki isn't the place for it, a link to it would be totally cool but it's cluttering imo and it isn't even formated in the way a wiki ordinarilly shows images and it dosen't look very proffessional.

Also I believe there is a pseudo-term for all arguments or conversation on the internet eventually including or involving nazi's. Anyone remember it?
Jesus Saves, Cthulhu Eats, choose wisely - Bunny
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 18 Oct 2006, 11:29

Trolling?
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!

Return to “General Discussion”