Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Postby Elomin Sha » 12 May 2016, 07:12

I don't see why they'd get rid of Tamina for that, only her in ring ability, then again they did get rid of Sean O'Haire after Piper ruined their tag-team from drug use. WWE are strange with their releases.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
DennyR
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DennyR » 12 May 2016, 07:26

Elomin Sha wrote:I don't see why they'd get rid of Tamina for that, only her in ring ability, then again they did get rid of Sean O'Haire after Piper ruined their tag-team from drug use. WWE are strange with their releases.

It wouldn't be the last firing by association. It's pretty crappy on WWE's part, but it happens unfortunately. Tamina's also never been up to much in WWE, mainly serving as a kinda enforcer, and not much else. In Team BAD Naomi was the leader, Sasha was the one people liked, and Tamina was just kinda there.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 12 May 2016, 09:02

Not 100%, but hearing Christian lost his performer's contract, and Lillian Garcia might have some discussions soon. Not quite to the level that it was being sold at, but still...?

Oh, and the Brooklyn Brawler is gone.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 12 May 2016, 13:50

Christian is still signed on for stuff like the Edge and Christian show, and hasn't been an active wrestler in years so that one doesn't really change anything.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 21 May 2016, 09:41

Cody's gone too by the looks of things:
Hyrule Husky
‏@PrinceCGR

(1/2) The past ten years have been quite the trek, but as of earlier today I have asked for my release from @WWE
(2/2) I'll speak further on the matter shortly. Thank you to all the pro-wrestling/sports entertainment fans worldwide. Thank you
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 21 May 2016, 11:06

If this isn't some sort of strange storyline, I can't say I blame him wanting to leave. He was utterly committed to Stardust, but it really was going nowhere.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 May 2016, 14:45

It could be he needs some time away after Dusty's death.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
bv310
First Video: EVERYTHING IS FINE

Postby bv310 » 22 May 2016, 20:51

All I want is for a Roman Reigns match to not end with him taking a bunch of match-ending moves, kicking out, and then winning immediately after. I don't care if he wins every match, but at least make it look like a real fight, not "Oh, he punched the ground so he's hulked out and can't be beaten now".

Extreme Rules was amazing, right until the stupid ending to the Women's match, and the run-ins on the AJ/Roman match. Besides the last five minutes of that match, I was in to it. Then the end comes around, Roman kicks out of two Styles Clashes and a shitload of chair shots, hits one spear, and wins.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 23 May 2016, 01:16

Yeah, the no selling at the end is tedious as heck.

Best match of the night was definitely the IC title match, everyone in that match really went for it. Asylum match was fine, but it dragged on a bit (apparently there was a segment cut out of the show, so it got an extra 10 minutes as a result).
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 23 May 2016, 01:24

Last edited by Elomin Sha on 23 May 2016, 10:43, edited 2 times in total.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 23 May 2016, 09:05

DennyR

Postby DennyR » 25 May 2016, 06:30

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/arti ... 26901739=1

So, brand split is coming back, and Smackdown is becoming actually live on Tuesdays. Odd way to announce it, I thought they would have had it as part of the Shane vs Steph feud on tv.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 25 May 2016, 06:51

So this is how the New Day ends. Guess having Kofi in the "next to ask for release" pool isn't so silly after all :P

:(
MagisterMystax
First Video: The Innistrad hat draft on MTGO academy

Postby MagisterMystax » 25 May 2016, 10:28

Apparently, the tag team division is staying on Raw entirely, so hopefully there won't be any splitting shenanigans.
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
bv310
First Video: EVERYTHING IS FINE

Postby bv310 » 25 May 2016, 16:41

Bit surprised that Rollins came back as a heel, super excited to see him back and doing stuff. Same with Enzo. I popped hard when Big Cass stopped at the top of the ramp and Enzo ran out.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 25 May 2016, 16:54

I think they're doing the brand split wrong, but correctly due to storylines. Here's how it should've gone down:

-Shane loses at WrestleMania, so doesn't control Raw.
-Shane gets the "one night only" deal for the Raw after Mania.
-Then he disappears for a couple weeks, until basically now.
-Shane revives WCW as the separate brand rather than SmackDown, due to the old contract and shenanigans.

So now there's a little more at stake other than just bragging rights: you have companies at war at an equal level (even though it's all still WWE), but you still get the same effect that's been planned. Talent jumping ship is a bigger deal, even for people lower on the card. The champion appearing on both shows would need some finagling; explain it like the NWA territory rules?

And that's my fantasy booking that will never happen.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 26 May 2016, 04:06

bv310 wrote:Bit surprised that Rollins came back as a heel, super excited to see him back and doing stuff. Same with Enzo. I popped hard when Big Cass stopped at the top of the ramp and Enzo ran out.

I'm not surprised he's back as a heel, just disappointed.
MagisterMystax

Postby MagisterMystax » 26 May 2016, 06:00

I've seen a lot of people upset at Seth Rollins coming back as a heel. Why is that? I only started watching with Sidewalk Slam, so I haven't seen him before, but he seems like an excellent heel so far. Is it because people would rather Roman be the heel in the feud they're clearly going into?
I stream video games every friday at 19:00 GMT, at http://www.twitch.tv/magistermystax
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 26 May 2016, 07:38

He is an amazing heel but he's also really popular, and with him having been off injured for so long, there was a lot of goodwill towards him that made people want to cheer him. The crowd was so psyched to see him make his return, the pop was enormous. So a lot of people are disappointed that instead of capitalising on those "welcome back!" cheers, they're going back to "Seth is an asshole".

Then again, I was very much in support of babyface Seth until I saw his promo on RAW and I tried to yell at him through my screen and I realized that even though I'd given his return a standing ovation with a loud cheer, it took only a few minutes for me to want to punch his smug, Shield-betraying, cowardly heel face in all over again. Can't deny he's good at what he does.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 27 May 2016, 14:38

Well, I wasn't expecting that. Baby Metal's "Karate" is one of the theme songs for NXT Takeover: The End.
MagisterMystax

Postby MagisterMystax » 21 Jun 2016, 03:11

Oh wow, that Wyatt return. I was super sceptical when I heard Big E interrupt Bray, thinking New Day vs. Wyatts would be terrible for the Wyatts and undermine their gimmick hard. But between Xavier acting hypnotised, the Wyatts completely no-selling the jokes, and Bray laughing creepily and getting the crowd to chant 'New Day falls', I'm actually cautiously optimistic. It definitely felt like the New Day made a baaad mistake messing with the Wyatts.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Jun 2016, 13:06

Well, Reigns just cocked up the Triple Threat with a Wellness Violation suspension for 30 days.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Jun 2016, 13:52

Looking back on it, I really miss Muhammad Hassan. Great heel with the best heat on camera. Backstage heat though from other wrestlers, unfair.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 21 Jun 2016, 15:46

I'm actually pretty surprised to hear the news, if only because I never would have suspected Roman, of all people, to get a Wellness Policy violation. That being said, though, I'll refrain from further comment unless we learn more.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Jun 2016, 17:08

It could be anything from taking sleeping pills to maybe a muscle relaxant. Rey Mysterio had that issue.

Return to “General Discussion”