Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Postby Antitonic » 11 Jun 2015, 21:30

I can't think of anyone else who wrestled for the NWA, WWE, WCW, ECW, TNA, and ROH.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 12 Jun 2015, 02:16

Christian comes close, he didn't wrestle for WCW.

The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 21 Jul 2015, 08:17

Undertaker's return would have been a tad more believable if he had mentioned something about Lesnar slamming steel steps into his 'brother's' (Kane) leg.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 11 Aug 2015, 00:56

I got to meet Kevin Owens and Emma!

"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 09 Feb 2016, 01:39

So, it's official, Daniel Bryan retired :( Gutted to see it, but it was best for his health, so it was the right call. I'm glad I got to see him wrestle live, at a house show in Dublin, teaming with Kane as Team Hell No against Ziggler and Big E.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 09 Feb 2016, 10:36

Yes, it sucks.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 10 Feb 2016, 04:17

Just listening to Sidewalk Slam at the minute, it's pretty cool.

For me I've been into wrestling since I was 6 or 7ish (my earliest wrestling memory is the debut of Kane, who despite so many terrible feuds is still my favourite wrestler). Sorta lost interest between 2003 and 2005, and got back into it in time to experience the rise of John Cena and Batista in WWE, and have been watching pretty consistently since then. Made school on Mondays after PPVs fun cause they'd start at 1am my time :P I've been to two WWE shows, one in 2006 (main event was Batista, the Undertaker, and Kane beating JBL, King Booker, and Mr. Kennedy), and another in 2012 that had Cena vs. Ryback in a tables match. Also been over to England to see a Revolution Pro Wrestling show which was, in a word, amazing. Had Tomohiro Ishii, Shinsuke Nakamura, Roderick Strong (was supposed to be Ricochet, but he had visa issues iirc), Colt Cabana, Matt Sydal, Will Ospreay, Marty Scurll, and AJ Styles. Bought a Bullet Club shirt from AJ at that one, cause AJ was unexpectedly working at the merch table before his match. I'm looking at heading over for another one of their shows either this year or next year, they do a great and massively enjoyable show.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 10 Feb 2016, 05:29

Kane has been my favourite too, my first real memory of when I started watching was when Goldust annouced his return to Val Venis, and Kane's night of destruction where he attacked everyone.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 10 Feb 2016, 07:08

It's funny, I talk PW on an Irish forum, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only person there who doesn't hate Kane now.

I do wish Big Show would just kinda go away though.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 10 Feb 2016, 09:04

Kane has gone pretty lacklustre, over the past few years, he's not as intense of a character as before (Ability to knock people down or sit back up). Big Show can barely move now, his last gimick change was wearing a knit hat. Knit hat was not over.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 11 Feb 2016, 06:01

So Vince wants guys to "grab the brass rings", but as soon as they try to grab him...

Boom, 90 day suspension for Titus.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 11 Feb 2016, 06:14

I could kinda understand him being reprimanded, grabbing the boss on TV when it's not part of a segment or whatever is a bit of a bad idea. 90 day suspension though is just massive overkill.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 11 Feb 2016, 06:42

It was after broadcast, but it was on the Network. If Titus has been given 90s days (rumour) that's more than a first strike on the Wellness Program.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 11 Feb 2016, 06:43

Didn't even make it to TV, this was just as it was going offline from the Network "after-Raw" thing. That fade to black isn't just an added effect.

Elomin Sha wrote:It was after broadcast, but it was on the Network. If Titus has been given 90s days (rumour) that's more than a first strike on the Wellness Program.

Apparently it's only 60 days now, but still. That's (I think) as much as Randy Orton got for his 4th Wellness strike. Of which you only need 3 to be fired.

But it's OK, Orton earned one off for being a good boy.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 11 Feb 2016, 07:13

One of them only counted as a conduct violation because he wasn't tested when Bruce Pritchard reported him for openly rolling marijuana backstage. He went for anger management. So he's still on his second violation. From interviews he appears that he has cleaned up his act.
There is an amendment to the policy, dubbed the Randy Orton Clause. If you have two strikes but after 18 months you do not receive another strike you have a strike cleared.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 11 Feb 2016, 08:43

In TNA news, Awesome Kong got released after getting into a "physical altercation" with Matt Hardy's wife Rebecca backstage.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 11 Feb 2016, 11:54

Most of us will know her as Kharma. Some speculation is because she believed Rebe Sky wasn't showing proper locker room etiquette. If true doesn't excuse her of attacking Rebe in front of her son (if that is true too).
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 12 Feb 2016, 01:50

I love this webcomic.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 12 Feb 2016, 06:35

"Ladies first” is a common phrase used by well-mannered men … but Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned that in the case of Titus O’Neil, those 2 words may have led to his recent suspension.

Multiple sources tell us O’Neil spoke with management following the grab on Vince McMahon‘s arm and explained he was only trying to allow Stephanie McMahon to exit the stage first.
http://prowrestlingsheet.com/titus-oneil-courteous-arm-grab-vince-suspension/

This just keeps getting weirder and funnier as it goes.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 15 Feb 2016, 04:03

Dang it NJPW.

At New Beginning in Osaka on the 11th, Tama Tonga finally won his first title in the company, the NEVER Openweight 6-man tag titles alongside Fale and Takahashi. Three days later, and they lost them again at New Beginning in Niigata. Nice to see Omega win the Intercontinental title though, as you may have guessed I'm a bit of a Bullet Club fan.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 17 Feb 2016, 06:05

Rumours floating around that Wade "Bad News" Barrett has given his notice, and won't re-sign with WWE once his contract is up. Shame if it's true, he has a lot of talent and did really well to get the Bad News bit going, but it felt like they just kinda gave up on him after a while.
counterjockey
First Video: How to be a Son of a Bitch

Postby counterjockey » 20 Feb 2016, 06:51

So, does anyone else get a weird feeling they are going to have Dean Ambrose go Homer Simpson on Brock and just be unkillable to the point he wears Brock down and wins? All the analysis I've heard is focused on Roman, but the WWE has been including Dean in everything.

It all started with his two awesome matches at the Rumble (building his rep as unsinkable in recent memory), then having him tag team with Roman (building up his friendship with Roman in recent memory), and now they are going up against Brock in a perfect setup for one of them to turn on the other.

My Fastlane prediction: In spite of everything they had done with Roman, Dean is the super star who gets the best push.
If there's time to clean, there's time to lean.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 20 Feb 2016, 07:25

There's a couple ways I see it going.
1) Brock beats down Dean and is taken out by the Wyatts before getting the pin. Roman, having no other choice, pins Dean. Brock feuds with Wyatts, Roman gets his shot, Dean works with Owens or something.
2) Roman and Dean team up on Brock to no avail. Dean, having taken the worse beating of the two is having problems continuing, so he eats a pin so at least one of them can go to 'Mania. Roman pins Dean. Brock feuds with Dean, Roman gets his shot.

That's just off the top of my head. I don't see Roman losing, and I don't see Brock losing clean. I welcome being proved wrong.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 20 Feb 2016, 18:30

I think the best I can hope for with Dean is the main event is somehow made a triple threat. It feels kinda weird that he could go right back to feuding with Owens, when Owens is doing a thing with Ziggler (that being said, at one point Owens was feuding with like five different people, because he's just that damned good).

I'm kinda hoping Owens holds on to the IC title until Zayn gets called up so they can feud for that, and Zayn could win his first main roster title :D
counterjockey
First Video: How to be a Son of a Bitch

Postby counterjockey » 21 Feb 2016, 19:19

DennyR wrote:I think the best I can hope for with Dean is the main event is somehow made a triple threat. It feels kinda weird that he could go right back to feuding with Owens, when Owens is doing a thing with Ziggler (that being said, at one point Owens was feuding with like five different people, because he's just that damned good).

I'm kinda hoping Owens holds on to the IC title until Zayn gets called up so they can feud for that, and Zayn could win his first main roster title :D

I've heard Zayn mentioned a lot, I'm gonna have to check them out. I've only very recently got back into the thick of following wrestling again.
If there's time to clean, there's time to lean.

Return to “General Discussion”