Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Postby Elomin Sha » 15 Mar 2016, 08:10

They weren't doing anything with Neville, or have been for the last few months. Probably a good idea he has some time off.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 15 Mar 2016, 16:37

I've been watching this series (all of which is great, incidentally) on Japanese culture, and came across this one about Pro Wrestling in Japan that I thought might interest people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7fZTuR5bgU
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
bv310
First Video: EVERYTHING IS FINE

Postby bv310 » 15 Mar 2016, 17:53

Guess gravity finally remembered about Neville :(
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 17 Mar 2016, 04:52

But we always wish gravity forgot about Owen Hart.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
bv310

Postby bv310 » 17 Mar 2016, 12:21

Yeah. I wasn't really keeping up with wrestling then, but that was a really shitty thing
DennyR
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DennyR » 18 Mar 2016, 01:19

Sting has officially announced his retirement, following on from the injury he got in the match against Seth Rollins. It's a shame, cause a lot of people were hoping to have an Undertaker vs. Sting match at some point.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 18 Mar 2016, 03:18

Sting
Cena
Daniel Bryan
Tyson Kidd
Antonio Cesaro
Neville
Seth Rollins
Orton
Nikki Bella
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 22 Mar 2016, 03:57

DennyR

Postby DennyR » 22 Mar 2016, 04:18

Bloody hell, another injury (maybe), and worst of all it happens to my favourite member of the Wyatt Family.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 22 Mar 2016, 12:01

Torn ACL is rumoured, possibly out 6-9 months.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 28 Mar 2016, 19:39

Well, that go home Raw sure was a thing that happened.

I felt it started off really well, but it dropped off dramatically. Shane and Taker got a reasonable showing. Dean is still fantastic (imo) and I still adore Brock's bemused chuckling at Dean's antics. Could have done without HHH talking about how great Roman is (it kinda feels like Roman is the only person who consistently gets people trying to beat the hell out of him to say he's amazing). Ads for the Daniel Bryan 24 hours show are heartbreaking. I really hope Zayn wins at Wrestlemania so he and Owens can keep feuding, though that match really should have been 1-on-1, and the US title should have been multi-man. Nothing else I can really think of.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 28 Mar 2016, 21:33

RAW spoilers.

I like what's been happening with Roman these last couple weeks but I guess I had a head start; I've always been rather less down on him than most people I know.

Dean's little red wagon full of toys was sort of the highlight of the show though.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 29 Mar 2016, 13:44

I would like to see a heel turn for Reigns but that isn't going to happen.
Eva Marie's return was very brutal. She's done some good development with Brian Kendrick, but the stigma from her first match which was a horrendous serving of botch, won't leave her.
bv310

Postby bv310 » 30 Mar 2016, 14:50

I'm always just a bit worried whenever Bubba Ray Dudley starts trashtalking that he's going to drop an N-bomb or something.
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 30 Mar 2016, 14:54

http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-rebranding- ... missioned/

Mentioned this in the GPLP chat, but I really hope this is happening. I don't like the Diva belt, so it would be an appreciated change.
bv310

Postby bv310 » 30 Mar 2016, 15:01

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Taker/Shane fight. If Shane's winning, he might bring the new belt out to be "the first of many positive changes"
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 30 Mar 2016, 15:31

Yeah, someone on another forum I'm on was wondering that too. It'd make sense I suppose.
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 30 Mar 2016, 16:36

If that's happening, that's awesome. I know most people I know who watch wrestling are very keen to see the "Diva" name dropped or downplayed in favour of "Women's Championship" or equivalent.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 30 Mar 2016, 18:35

Ramble ahead:
I'm happy for the Women's Championship to return and hope the redesign is close to the previous title that Lita, Trish Stratus and Ivory held. Diva was a stupid idea for various reasons. When I got back into wrestling after the Pipebomb I was confused at why the title was changed. Diva has always had the conotation of spoilt brat who doesn't get their way to me. With the poor acting and woeful work routine of some wrestlers *cough*Bella Twins*cough* it was actually a detriment to female wrestling. There was talk that the women's division was going to be removed and the tag team division was going to be reinvigorated three years ago (Not that divisions really exist but personalities). That obviously didn't happen possibly due to the formation of NXT.
The women's division will blow up when Bayley comes up to the main roster for popularity as a female John Cena (but hopefully not suffer from his character's arrogance) and hopefully Asuka because of the moves she does that I haven't seen in a long time, the only problem was much of the current roster would not be able to keep up with them.

There's also the whole thing of WWE trying to recreate Trish Stratus that led to this problem of people who couldn't wrestle. Bringing in a very attractive model to mould into a wrestler. The only problem was, there is one Trish Stratus. Look to Kelly Kelly, I can't think of a finisher she used that wasn't a roll up pin/school girl. I wasn't fond of her coming in because she could barely speak the first time she had a mic. She worked hard and became possibly the only female wrestler where the entire community wouldn't say anything bad about her. She's not the first lady of wrestling (that would be Miss Elizabeth) but a pinnacle of what hard work can do.

And I'll shut up now.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 31 Mar 2016, 07:59

Mick Foley announced a new show on WWE Network: Holey Foley
https://t.co/NKjcHeA3dK

The premise seems interesting, but hopefully nothing close to Hogan Knows Best.
At the Foley household on suburban Long Island, Mick Foley simply sees himself as a stand-up comedian and Santa-loving dad to his family of five, including wife Colette, sons Dewey, Mickey and Hughie, and daughter Noelle, with whom he shares a picture-perfect, father-daughter relationship.

However, unbeknownst to Mick, Noelle has decided she wants to follow in her father’s footsteps, and has been secretly training to join WWE. Just when Mick thought he was out of the ring, Noelle is leading the charge to pull him back in. As if Noelle’s aspirations weren’t enough, Dewey, Mick’s oldest son, recently landed his dream job as a writer’s assistant on the WWE creative team. In Holy Foley, real-life antics and laugh-out-loud moments will unfold as cameras follow two generations of Foleys trying to make it in life – and at WWE.

Look at his happy little face is in the image.
If Noelle does get in (no guarantee) she'd be over quite quickly with Foley chants. And some people would probably be thinking of a feud between the Flair and Foley with their respective father's in the corner. There is no love lost between them.
bv310

Postby bv310 » 31 Mar 2016, 16:43

I would unashamedly mark the hell out if Mick Foley came back, even if it was just as a counterpoint to Ric Flair. I love that hairy gorilla.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 31 Mar 2016, 17:09

That's Mr. Hairy Gorilla to you.
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 01 Apr 2016, 06:10

Sadly I won't be watching it live in the UK, but we convinced a local pub to let us use a TV and watch the network. Woot!
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 01 Apr 2016, 14:58

For those of you who partake:
DennyR

Postby DennyR » 02 Apr 2016, 06:39

Advice: Watch NXT Takeover.

Return to “General Discussion”