Visiting Victoria

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Corran
First Video: Can't remember, it was yonks ago.

Visiting Victoria

Postby Corran » 22 Feb 2015, 13:33

My apologies if there already is a thread for this; I searched but could not find it.

I live in the Netherlands and will be going to Vancouver for a week next month and as a LRR fan thought it might be fun to visit Victoria.

Are there any places typical LRR places to see? So far I've come up with YellowJacket and UVic but there must be more.

Anything else I should definitely go see when I am there?
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Re: Visiting Victoria

Postby Jamfalcon » 22 Feb 2015, 14:03

There have been a couple similar threads over the years, but no worries, they're not easy to find. :) The most recent one is here, and that has an assortment of suggestions for both Vancouver and Victoria. I don't personally know a lot about Victoria and other LRR related places there, but I'm sure others here can offer advice on that.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Corran

Postby Corran » 23 Feb 2015, 09:06

Thanks for the quick reply!

The linked thread unfortunately pretty quickly devolves into a discussion of Canada at large but it's informative anyway. :)
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 23 Feb 2015, 09:19

Yeah, I'm afraid that's kind of the way things tend to go around here. :P
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 23 Feb 2015, 10:29

I'll make a quick list of places I think are great to visit:
The Empress Hotel. This is a hard to miss landmark, and beautiful to boot. They do an afternoon tea service that is worth attending if you have the money and like tea.
The Legislature. Literally around the corner from the Empress. They offer tours, I believe, but like the Empress this is just as easily enjoyed from outside, if you like looking at buildings.
Yellowjacket is already on your list, and I'm going to second it. It's a nice little comic/Magic store, and a reoccurring LRR filming location.
For relaxation, you could go for a stroll around Beacon Hill Park, weather permitting. Wonderful scenery, and also an occasional LRR filming location.
It may be worth checking to see if there will be any local events during your visit. Though the people of Victoria tend to close up shop in the early evening, leaving little to do after 8 pm, there are music festivals and shows quite regularly.
There are some restaurants and such that I'd like to suggest too, but if you're just doing a day trip from Vancouver then this list is probably already more than sufficient. :P
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 23 Feb 2015, 11:19

I made a long walk of Victoria once. I started next to Beacon Hill part then walked east around the coastline up to the marina and cut back through the residential parts.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Corran

Postby Corran » 14 Mar 2015, 10:10

I'll hopefully be there in a few days; can't wait to see it all.
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 16 Mar 2015, 09:11

If "a few days" is on the weekend, you could join the Dragons if Tarkir prerelease event put on by Yellowjacket. 10 am and 4 pm starts on both Saturday and Sunday, with 4 pm Sunday being Two-Headed Giant. It will take place at the Capital CityCenter Hotel. :)

Return to “General Discussion”