Choose your hell

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Omnicrat
First Video: Loading Ready Run Premiers on Monday

Choose your hell

Postby Omnicrat » 01 Mar 2015, 17:46

So, I was watching Adam stream Dark Cloud 2, and it was a boring grindy bit, and one thing lead to another and I wound up creating a strawpoll basted on chat suggestions that is a collection of the worst things ever. I thought it would be interesting to talk about which option people pick and why, so I created this thread.

WARNING: Many of the options given are terrifying. You have been warned.

Now, for those strong enough of heart, choose your hell and tell us why!

http://strawpoll.me/3768937

edit: the strawpoll has been replaced with one with better spelling grammar. You will have to redo it. If you do redo it, please post why you picked the option you did below!
Omnicrat

Re: Choose your hell

Postby Omnicrat » 01 Mar 2015, 18:21

Well, I guess I'll start this off then. I chose the kick in the balls because there is no fear of death or psychological trauma (unless fearing a kick in the balls counts as psychological trauma). It is just crippling, terrible pain. And of the options given, I think crippling terrible pain is the least bad.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 01 Mar 2015, 18:24

I had to decide between the crotch catastrophe and the spiders, since the others sound worse, but I think I could deal with those two, possibly, eventually. I chose the crotch one.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Omnicrat

Postby Omnicrat » 01 Mar 2015, 18:26

AdmiralMemo wrote:I had to decide between the crotch catastrophe and the spiders, since the others sound worse, but I think I could deal with those two, possibly, eventually. I chose the crotch one.

Yeah, the spiders was the second best for me too. But physical pain beat out fear of spiders eating my eyeballs as best of the worst.
Arclight_Dynamo
First Video: Desert Bus 1

Postby Arclight_Dynamo » 01 Mar 2015, 18:32

Oh, the music one, easy. Because I really don't give a flying piffle about music; it's not a big part of my life in any way. So... meh. No real loss, frankly.
Solomon-Kain
First Video: MTGO Academy Draft

Postby Solomon-Kain » 01 Mar 2015, 18:35

I went with Spiders, it was that narrowly over Kicking. Pain goes away but Spiders don't really bother me so that clinched it.

Unless the spiders are spinning webs indoors that I have to clean up, I hadn't considered that. Oh well, my vote is locked in.

Edit: Food, Music, and Rick-rolling all seem terrible, legitimately hellish. I listen to music Constantly and enjoy eating.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 01 Mar 2015, 18:47

I have, and do, occasionally listen to Limp Biscuit of my own volition, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
betsytheripper
First Video: Scientist's Rebuttal to ICP

Postby betsytheripper » 01 Mar 2015, 20:49

I had to go with rickrolling. I find them rather enjoyable. I am not good with pain or being startled, and I have a deep love of food.
-betsy
Duckay
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Duckay » 01 Mar 2015, 20:54

I chose music. I could learn to adapt to that a lot more than I could adapt to the others. It would make movies more difficult when all the background music was changed out on me, but...

Which is rather missing the point, I'm not supposed to be able to adapt to it if it's hell. :P
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 01 Mar 2015, 20:57

I went with the kick, because I'm terrified of spiders, couldn't handle the drowning, and you're not taking my goddamn food away!

*hoards her foooooodz* :evil:
Hurp-De-Durp!
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 01 Mar 2015, 21:06

Any entertainment changing into rickroll would be awful. Mostly because that means no more reading. No more movies. No more Loadingreadyrun. Nothing. It's not because of the song, but because of the loss of everything else.

Similarly, I don't mind the music that all other music would become. But I'd miss listening to other music.

Eating and drinking are important to me, so I don't want to have to taste rancid garbage all the time. And if that was the case, I'd likely end up puking up anything I ate anyways.

The spider thing makes my skin crawl a bit. But it feels like something I'd get used to. But what makes me not choose it is the fact the wake up to their chittering... eeeeee.

The falling into liquid isn't a huge deal until the 'nearly drown' part. Drowning isn't fun. I guess it depends on what 'nearly' is. If it's to the point you black out, then no way. If it's just coming up gasping, I might choose it over ball-kicking.

Ball-kicking was my pick due to the fact it's relatively temporary pain. It's common, which is bad. But it doesn't take away from the rest of my life.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 02 Mar 2015, 00:14

I went with the rancid food option. I would just stop eating and drinking. Sure, the pain is gonna be great, but knowing the mind, it will just filter that out at some point (Like how torture get's less effective over time, horrible analogy, I know :()

But my personal hell would be everything is wrapped in Cellophane, but the type that has no easy to grab edges. Yes everything! Even Scissors!!

EDIT: Just noticed, ballkicking does mean you meet Kathleen once a month. Not changing my choice, but interesting upside.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

romangoro
First Video: The Couch

Postby romangoro » 02 Mar 2015, 05:19

Dang, too early and I misvoted. I chose which is the worst, not the "best". Worst is the music one, followed closely by the food one, since they're some of my favourite things.

I should have voted for spiders, anything that eats mosquitos is on my side.

Return to “General Discussion”