PAX-Prime

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Ravynn
First Video: Desert Bus 3

PAX-Prime

Postby Ravynn » 07 May 2015, 12:38

PAX Prime Get!

Just making a thread for Runners with badges who are going to PAX Prime, maybe organize some hangouts, some drafting, some tabletop?
Alatriyana
First Video: Checkpoint

Re: PAX-Prime

Postby Alatriyana » 07 May 2015, 20:05

I also have PAX tickets! I'm so excited to hang out with everyone.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 16 Jul 2015, 20:47

Anyone interested in room sharing? we have a room at the Hyatt from thursday to tuesday.

Room for 2 or 3 if you dont mind floor surfing.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 16 Jul 2015, 21:12

My first real interaction with the LRR community was at PAX. I'm sad I can't go, but I hope you all have a great time.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 17 Jul 2015, 05:29

I went to Pax east shortly after I joined the forums after desert bus.

I stayed with AlexanderDitto, Tak, Fugi, and Yaxley they were amazing and made me really feel like a friend.

Yaxley hung out with me on the first day when I felt really uncomfortable and made sure I understood how to get around the convention center. Ditto took me to meet some of his friends and played board games.

I would not have enjoyed the show as much if it werent for the four of them.

They are the reason why I became such a active member of the community, they were so nice.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
emberBecky
First Video: Pocket Planes

Postby emberBecky » 27 Jul 2015, 16:02

I should be going to PAX this year, as long as nothing goes too wrong financially before then. =[

This will be my second PAX. Last year I met a lot of great people and had an awesome time, despite not usually being good at social things.

I didn't get to hang out with any LRR community people last year, so hopefully there'll be a chance to meet up with people this year. ^_^
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 28 Jul 2015, 04:17

Still have room for one or two more.

[–]Graham_LRR
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 17 Aug 2015, 10:14

Room share bump we still have room for one or two more we have the room from Thursday afternoon to tuesday morning.

[–]Graham_LRR
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 17 Aug 2015, 16:56

Lord Hosk wrote:I went to Pax east shortly after I joined the forums after desert bus.

I stayed with AlexanderDitto, Tak, Fugi, and Yaxley they were amazing and made me really feel like a friend.

Yaxley hung out with me on the first day when I felt really uncomfortable and made sure I understood how to get around the convention center. Ditto took me to meet some of his friends and played board games.

I would not have enjoyed the show as much if it werent for the four of them.

They are the reason why I became such a active member of the community, they were so nice.

<333 I feel bad that I didn't spend more time hanging out with you that year! I had so many responsibilities with the Pokemon League I run that year, I felt terrible that I couldn't spend much time together with everyone.

Miss you, Hosk. Hope we can hang out again in person soon.
emberBecky

Postby emberBecky » 25 Aug 2015, 20:44

AHHH it's too close. I'm not reeady... :shock:

So I was wondering.. are there any plans for a LRR fan meetup or hangout type thing during PAX (or maybe right before or after)?
If there are no current plans.. is that something which would interest anyone?

Meeting up for tabletop stuff or MTG could be cool (though I'm fairly new to magic and only have starter deck cards =P ).

If so, let me know! We can figure out a time and place that works for the greatest number of people. ^_^
Ravynn

Postby Ravynn » 26 Aug 2015, 14:56

A group get together to play would be awesome! Twitter to coordinate?
emberBecky

Postby emberBecky » 26 Aug 2015, 22:36

oops I missed the reply somehow =[

@Ravynn Sounds good! I just followed you (I'm emberBecky on Twitter also).
Yeah Twitter will work best since we'll have easier access to it while traveling and there's better potential for signal-boosting.

Though just in case anyone Not On Twitter wants to participate, I'll try to keep checking here. ^_^
Ravynn

Postby Ravynn » 26 Aug 2015, 22:38

I don't know what a lot of people look like IRL away from the chat, maybe we should have a meet and greet after the LRR Panel on Friday?
emberBecky

Postby emberBecky » 26 Aug 2015, 23:25

Yeah that could work.. although Graham and Kathleen are in another panel in the same theater a half hour after the LRR panel ends so I assume some folks are gonna want to stick around for that (most likely me included). But it may be that we can do a quick meet-up between the panels wherever we'd be waiting (I don't know if they clear the theater between panels). If that doesn't work, we could aim for something after the second panel (it ends at 1:30, I believe).
Camthelion
First Video: Phailhaüs - 01

Postby Camthelion » 27 Aug 2015, 07:59

They do clear the theater between panels, so you would have to go back outside and line up again for the second panel (Which I plan on doing also). I am all for a meetup after that second panel somewhere. I am Camthelion on twitter.
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 27 Aug 2015, 12:24

I tweeted about this, but if anyone has some free time, the Experience Music Project at the Seattle Center has exhibits on indie gaming, fantasy pop culture, which has a WOTC section, and Star Wars. Admission is pretty steep but it's a really cool experience.

EDIT: to clarify, I can't go because I'm at school, but it's an option for anyone else.
Last edited by Psyclone on 27 Aug 2015, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 27 Aug 2015, 20:40

My wife and I are free 430 to 830 friday 5-7 on saturday and all evening monday 6:00 onward

[–]Graham_LRR
emberBecky

Postby emberBecky » 28 Aug 2015, 09:53

4:30 might be good to give people a chance to eat after the panels. Any suggestions for where to meet?

Return to “General Discussion”