Anyone ever been mugged?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
JesterJ.

Anyone ever been mugged?

Postby JesterJ. » 22 Oct 2006, 18:39

Eh? What was it like?
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 22 Oct 2006, 18:40

nope i havent, been chased by about 15 aboriginals because i didnt have any smokes... that was fucked...
CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
DP

Postby DP » 22 Oct 2006, 18:43

Well, for starters it was kind of a crappy mug...
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 22 Oct 2006, 18:54

Some creepy heroine addict stalked me down my street one time when I was like, 11 or something. That's about as far as I got.
Dana

Postby Dana » 22 Oct 2006, 19:03

I was once followed by some six year olds who were daring each other to grab my ass.
"I swear it," said the other mother. "I swear it on my own mother's grave."

"Does she have a grave?" asked Coraline.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 22 Oct 2006, 19:22

Reason I said this was because I was on Saturday (last night)
It was actually really funny. Worst. Mugging. EVER.

WARNING: The following story contains Strong Language. Reader Discretion is advised (Just felt I'd say that just in case)

Me and my friend are walking along, walking back home from going to Blockbuster and Taco Bell. So we're about 3 blocks from my house, and we're along a very busy street (VERY busy).
A black guy walks up behind us, and I turn around and I'm like "Oh God, you scared me." Then he's like "Pocket check, niggas!" Me and my friend sort of looked at each other thinking "what?...". It was funny beacuse we're both white as hell. He said it again and I said jokingly "What, you want our drugs?" He said "Let me see what's in your pocket niggas". So we were just gonna keep going, when two more came along, doing the whole SWAT tactic of repeating somtehing over and over to intimidate. But all of their voices were high (not drugged, high-pitched) and it really didn't work. They just sort of kept repeating the same thing "Pocket check, niggas" "Show me whats in your pockets, now" "I SAID TURN OUT YOUR POCKETS!". Keep in mind this is on a busy street.
I say "No, I don't have any pockets..no wait. Look. I have a pocket. Oh hey, there's a wallet in there..." and I give it to him. I remember thinking "As soon as he asks to see what's in my pocket with my iPod in it, I'm gonna make a commotion". So I willingly let them look through my wallet, seeing as I had nothing but 3 bus tickets and about 30 cents in it. One of the guys takes the bus tickets out and goes "You had bus tickets in here, nigga!" "Bus tickets?! He had bus tickets?!" And they get all excited, which is weird because they definately weren't poor. So they don't ask to look in my other pocket, which had my iPod in it. I was so amazed they didn't. My friend turned out both of his pockets, but he had his cell phone in the sort of coin pouchy spot in jeans (razr,it fits) and they didn't look in his back pockets for his wallet. They also didn't take our movies, or our food.
As we were walking away one of them was like "now go fast, niggas, go! before i pull out my gun and shoot you nigga. go nigga. i said walk fasta nigga, walk fasta. get the fuck off my block nigga".
We were both amazingly unafraid. What made me feel even better afterwards was that when I crossed the street, a group of my friends were at the gas station, so if we'd had any trouble they would have come. I just thought afterwards that at least if we'd gotten into any trouble, there would have been people to help. So there really wasn't any need to panic at all.

Yeah, long I know. I just felt like sharing about the worst muggers in the world :)
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 22 Oct 2006, 19:38

wow, so they just wanted to see what was in your pockets? or did they actually take your friends cell phone?

CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 22 Oct 2006, 19:49

How did I leave that out..
They took very little from me, and my friend turned out his pockets. There was about 30 cents change in his as well. They didn't search all of our pockets, so he kept his cell phone and wallet (he actually had stuff in it), and I kept my iPod and wallet.
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 22 Oct 2006, 19:50

"All my muggings are wrong!"
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Re: Anyone ever been mugged?

Postby Wraith » 23 Oct 2006, 23:38

JesterJ. wrote:Eh? What was it like?

Do failed muggings count?
-Wraith
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 24 Oct 2006, 06:48

Wraith, in this thread, I would say yes.

If I ever got mugged for my iPod, I would say this:
Mugger: Hand over your iPod!
Me: Do you have a Mac? It won't work without one. You won't be able to get the music off. Mac iPods only work with Macs. No pawnshop will take it. Here, have my bus pass instead.
Mugger: ?

I think you can lie to muggers without going to hell.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Oct 2006, 09:41

Good plan!
brc64
First Video: 1337

Postby brc64 » 24 Oct 2006, 11:39

Dana wrote:I was once followed by some six year olds who were daring each other to grab my ass.

Hawt.

kidding!
Unimatsuriku

Postby Unimatsuriku » 24 Oct 2006, 13:31

anyone play Warhammer? If not then the game is basically based arround small miniature models which you assemble and paint (for 300 days and night) and then battle with using dice and tape measures with various rules and such. It's quite good fun.

The reason I bring it up is my friends at the local shop for it were telling me about this one time, some guy tried to mug one of the players at a tournament, keeping in mind the models take hours to assemble and paint fully and they cost a hell of alot, the guy beat the mugger with a heavy duty plastic briefcase used to carry the models apparently.
Jesus Saves, Cthulhu Eats, choose wisely - Bunny
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 24 Oct 2006, 14:26

brc64 wrote:
Dana wrote:I was once followed by some six year olds who were daring each other to grab my ass.

Hawt.

i dont know what's happening anymore
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 24 Oct 2006, 14:27

Lol. If only traffic was coming and I hadn't had surgery the previous tuesday, I would have gotten into a scuffle.
The Thrill

Postby The Thrill » 26 Oct 2006, 18:16

I was on the recieving end of a rather failed mugging once. I'm about 5'11" and at the time I was about 200 pounds, most of which was muscular in nature although I have to admit that I wasn't exactly sporting a six-pack. I was walking through this park on the waterfront (on "beautiful" Lake Ontario) when this skinny little heroin addict demanded that I give him my wallet, which at the time had about $140 in cash, plus all my cards and stuff, health card, driver's licence, birth certificate (I had needed it for ID for something month) and stuff like that. I told him to go away and he pulled a pocket knife on me. A pocket knife! That means it was probably about two inches long, and maybe half an inch wide, and as he was pretty small I still had the reach advantage. I was a little nervous because some crazy guy was trying to mug me, but I wasn't actually scared. So he moves closer and raises his arm, not to stab me or anything just to look intimidating or something. Fortunately by older brother had once shown me exactly what to so in that situation and I presently had him face down on the ground with a bloody nose. At that point I was really freaked out because I had just taken some guy down, so I told him something to sound tough and then walked off until I hit the corner and then ran like a little pussy. I considered calling the cops but I figured the guy was long gone by the time I got home. The next day I was bragging about it, but in hindsight it wasn't really that much of an accomplishment, the guy was tiny, probably only 5'6" and 120 lbs. But hey, I got to foil a mugger!

Our city has an unfortunately high number of knife crimes however and so I count myself really lucky that this is the only time that I've been accosted.
I'm a very boring person.
Myche

Postby Myche » 26 Oct 2006, 21:20

Not really a mugging but more of an attempted robbery...

I was working at a video store in Esquimalt (former known as Video Update) by myself one quiet evening. I had dropped all the cash in the register and had a scant float of less than 40 bucks in change (of which I was rolling pennies at the time). This substantially sketchy and a deal smaller than myself 'kid' wanders into the store. He is wearing a hoodie and hat pulled around his face as much as possible and strolls up to the counter.

His hand in his pocket (motioning as if he had a gun or weapon) he demands "the money". I give him one look over and do perhaps the dumbest thing I have ever done in my life. I told him, if he wants it... come get it. Then I closed the register and stood my ground as I stared him down.

There was about a three second shift of power as his face turned from threatening to terrified. His hand slid from his pocket and he actually raised them (as if I had a weapon trained on him).

In a voice now devoid of any confidence he squeeked out "Don't call the cops, okay?"

I said "You have 10 seconds and that is exactly what I am going to do".

Approximately 4 seconds later I was on the phone as the guy bolted out of the store. Less than 10 minutes later the shop was full of cops, a canine unit and my manager and regional manager were informed as to what happened.

The end result?

I was admonished by my regional manager and told that if something like that ever happens again, just surrender the money. It can be replaced... I can't be.

Fast forward about 3 years long after I left employment at the video store...

I was in the store looking for a video half listening to the clerks as they were talking about theft. One of them mentions that a couple years back there was an armed robbery at that very store and some crazy employee jumped the robber, disarmed him and managed to pin him to the ground long enough for a customer to call the cops and take the crook off to jail.

Made me proud to know that even at the time, though I may have done a dumb thing in resisting (and was INCREDIBLY lucky that the guy was not armed for real) the legend of that day will live on in the lineage of video store clerks for years to come.
Times New Roman, you know the type - Bloodhound Gang
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 26 Oct 2006, 22:19

Video Update?

Do you know Geoff Howe? I'm pretty sure he used to work there.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 27 Oct 2006, 04:01

Myche wrote:I was admonished by my regional manager and told that if something like that ever happens again, just surrender the money. It can be replaced... I can't be.

I'm always amused by this notion. Your employment was predicated upon the idea that you are completely replaceable.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 27 Oct 2006, 09:56

This wasnt really a mugging. more of a hit and run.

About a year ago me and my boyfriend were going down to Olympic Plaza here in Calgary.

Its night time and its raining.

There was supposed to be a little evening concert but apparently it got rained out.

So they still have all there gear set up and there are security guards just hangin out watching over things.

So we go to walk around the plaza after we relise that the thing was cancelled, And there is this short and kinda tubby guy just standing there. We go to walk past him and he ask's us " Yo man, You gots any weed?"
My boyfriend cheerfully replys " no sorry man, dont smoke the stuff"

Then the guy punches my boyfriend in the face, knocks him to the ground.... and takes off!

The security guards were no help. They didnt see anything and didnt look up from there news paper and coffe when i started freekeing out.

Not really a mugging, but a story all the same
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 27 Oct 2006, 15:54

LOL
I love the story Myche. Stories which are blown out of proportion are always funny. Good job foiling the kid's plans :D

Return to “General Discussion”