MtG Challenge

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
First Video: 1st Commodore Hustle about magic?

MtG Challenge

Postby ZZ9PluralZAlpha » 12 Nov 2015, 13:59

I was just looking through the video archives on youtube and came across TTC - Theorizing Mill, and the discussion of the Epic cards during the Snap-A-Pack portion. In that video the Card Enduring Ideal was pretty much slammed, but back when Kamigawa was out I created a deck around it. It had some fun ideas, some stuff that really didn't work, but some stuff that worked surprisingly well. Care to make suggestions of how to make that card work?

The thing I'll say is that, at the time, I didn't have much knowledge of formats or legalities, so suggest pretty much any cards to try and work with this.
DaMullet
First Video: ZOMGIES

Re: MtG Challenge

Postby DaMullet » 13 Nov 2015, 06:45

It has certainly become more viable with the release of Theros, since before you were a lot more limited in searching out enchantments that could actually end the game. Keranos or Mogis are both good win conditions that don't require anything else of you if you search them out.

A combo I am fond of (though it's very mean) is Hive Mind, Enduring Ideal (really any Epic spell, but since we're on the subject of Ideal), and Declaration of Naught.
A surgeon and a nurse are finishing a patient, and the nurse is about to stitch him up. The surgeon says "no, give that here, I'll close." The nurse shrugs, "Suture yourself."
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
First Video: 1st Commodore Hustle about magic?

Re: MtG Challenge

Postby ZZ9PluralZAlpha » 15 Nov 2015, 07:11

Back then my favourite things to search were a classic combo: Opalescence, Doubling Season and Followed Footsteps. I also include both Words of War and Words of Wilding to stop me having to drawer, as well as Psychic Possession. Then there was Dovescape and Night of Souls' Betrayal, Ice Cave and many others that were very interesting.

Return to “General Discussion”