The Force Awakens.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Darkflame
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Re: The Force Awakens.

Postby Darkflame » 17 Jan 2016, 11:37

I knew he wasnt BB-8, I just liked the idea.
I personally like believing any non-human role is Andy Serkis these days.
http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.
Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

Postby Gap Filler » 23 Jan 2016, 09:17

You mean that wasn't Serkis filling in for Hammill as Luke? ...You mean that was actually the man himself getting top billing for two seconds of screentime!?
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
Psycat Aurora
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby Psycat Aurora » 09 Feb 2016, 09:24

I saw the movie a couple weeks after it came out, but not before someone spoiled Kylo Ren's identity and Han's death. While I still enjoyed the movie, it was kind of dampened by the fact that I knew most of the plot ahead of time.
Deviantart: Psycat-Aurora
Instagram: @psycataurora
Tumblr: Psycat Aurora
Twitter: @Psycat_Aurora
Merrymaker_Mortalis
First Video: ENN's First Episode on Escapist

Postby Merrymaker_Mortalis » 09 Feb 2016, 11:01

I was frustrated that the same thing was also spoiled for me.
But then I felt immense compassion for the person who did this, because shit is going to come their way.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 10 Feb 2016, 03:23

My dad had the same spoiler. At the cinema. Right before he walked in.
And, it was just some kid being excited about it.

But on the plus side, he still enjoyed the film immensely.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
Gap Filler

Postby Gap Filler » 12 Dec 2016, 11:57

With first big screen gaiden dropping mid week seems good for a rewind to this time last year and the reason for the Rogue One hype. Not least since only got round to watching the DVD that's been sitting on the desk for the past six months. Doubly nice to finally watch Force Awakens in a format that didn't give my eyes gonorrhea; 3D IMAX is a tech marvel and exactly how to first watch a long awaited blockbuster but if you're not good with 3D it doesn't half make for a less than pleasant experience.

Most of the points I'd wanna flag up covered already so let's go with a different question inspired by getting round to Fury Road, Avengers and Guardians in the past year. Have we reached the point where good witty dialogue is just a basic requirement of quality cinema (and telly)? Reckon we're not quite there yet but we're definitely close and the absence of dialogue that isn't minimum quotable is noticeable in the same way bad FX are noticeable.
Gap Filler

Postby Gap Filler » 12 Dec 2016, 12:02

Don't have the advantage of an eight hour head start like last year but still have seen Rogue One before Thursday which begs a thought: hands up everyone going to an early midnight screening. Hand goes up.
tbug

Postby tbug » 12 Dec 2016, 12:14

Gap Filler wrote:hands up everyone going to an early midnight screening. Hand goes up.

hand stays down I'm getting too old for that sort of thing. I've purchased my ticket for Thursday, though.
Dale
Bebop Man
First Video: The Pirate Video

Postby Bebop Man » 12 Dec 2016, 13:04

Saw it this morning!
Gap Filler

Postby Gap Filler » 14 Dec 2016, 18:53

No spoilers but Rogue One's pretty cool. Allowing for the whole 'side story' side, looking forward to debating whether it's even Star Wars for starters.
Bobalob93
First Video: Unskippable-FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus

Postby Bobalob93 » 15 Dec 2016, 10:04

I thought it was pretty good. I think they have 2 back-to-back successes on their hands here, and I'm hoping that's a good sign for future Star Wars films.
My Twitter -Bobalob93
My Tumblr - www.bobalob93.tumblr.com
My Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/bobalob93/?hl=en

Enough shameless plugs for now!
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 16 Dec 2016, 07:47

I loved Rogue One so goddamn much.

One piece of CGI a lot of people seem to be complaining about(Tarkin) looked actually pretty good to me, although I think that's mostly because I saw it in 3D, which makes the screen look darker, so details are a little harder to make out.

Having said that, Leia at the end looked pretty bad. It was the eyes; they were a little too high up, and a little too close together.
Honestly though, the technology at work here is quite amazing, and I look forward to seeing how it evolves and is used in future.
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
RoboNixon
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Postby RoboNixon » 18 Dec 2016, 16:22

I really liked Rogue One for a few reasons:
I liked that they tried a few new things. The opening let you know this was not a traditional Star Wars movie. They showed a different Vader in the tank, and then the amazing bad ass Vader at the end. Tony Ja definitely delivered on the amazing fights .And the fact that every main character dies, you don't expect from a Star Wars movie.

Some things I didn't like:
CGI Leia and Tarkin. I was really impressed with the first over the shoulder reflection shot, but when his mouth moved it looked weird. The way they added Red Leader was very well done, but CGI Leia was just bad. Also, this is a Star Wars nerd nit pick, but were there any Bothans in the whole movie? I thought many Bothan spies died to get us this information, and I didn't see any 6 foot tall cat/wolf people :P

Overall it was pretty good. You get the fan service without being beat over the head with it (I'm looking at you Force Awakens!), new characters, new planets and some genuinely fun & funny dialog. I personally think this is the best Star Wars in 30 years.
Learning without thought is labor lost - Confucius
J_S_Bach
First Video: I honestly can't remember.

Postby J_S_Bach » 18 Dec 2016, 21:32

RoboNixon, wrong Death Star plan acquisition, that was for the Episode VI Death Star.
RoboNixon
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Postby RoboNixon » 19 Dec 2016, 05:01

J_S_Bach wrote:RoboNixon, wrong Death Star plan acquisition, that was for the Episode VI Death Star.

Well, the rest is still true :P
Learning without thought is labor lost - Confucius

Return to “General Discussion”