WORLD OF WARCRAFT IS EVEN MORE SERIOUS BUSINESS NOW.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Brinson

WORLD OF WARCRAFT IS EVEN MORE SERIOUS BUSINESS NOW.

Postby Brinson » 31 Oct 2006, 20:10

This guy really loses his shit on his guild. Fucking classic. And this is why I would probably never have time to put in the effort to do any end game raiding at all. It just doesn't seem worth it.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 31 Oct 2006, 20:14

LMFAO.
LMFAO.
LMFAO.
i dont know what's happening anymore
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 31 Oct 2006, 23:39

haha, fuck I love people losing their shit in WoW
Cassul

Postby Cassul » 31 Oct 2006, 23:43

>.<;

I can actually totally understand where he's coming from >.<;
-I'm a lyrical ninja-

"Hah exactly! You combine that with a little orange juice and BAM! Snakes."
-Captain_Anarchy
Kate!

Postby Kate! » 31 Oct 2006, 23:46

There are many times where I wish I knew how to play WoW.

Then I hear stuff like this, that makes me afriad of it, all the time.
Cassul

Postby Cassul » 01 Nov 2006, 00:15

it actually makes me really really miss WoW...

I dont' think i can wait till January :(
-I'm a lyrical ninja-

"Hah exactly! You combine that with a little orange juice and BAM! Snakes."

-Captain_Anarchy
Discomonkey

Postby Discomonkey » 01 Nov 2006, 01:17

Squiddy wrote:There are many times where I wish I knew how to play WoW.

Then I hear stuff like this, that makes me afriad of it, all the time.

WoW is fun until about 30, then it just becomes about the endless grind and raiding the same instance over and over until you complete your new set.

You don't do it because you enjoy it, you do it because the phat lootz are like a drug. It was this realization that made me quit.
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 01 Nov 2006, 01:19

Endgame raiding is actually pretty fun.

The trick is remembering that, while it's a time commitment, it's also a game you play on the internet for fun, and shouldn't be taken so seriously.

I go to raids probably once or twice a month. Sometimes it's fun to kick back for an evening with a beer and trash talk people on Vent. You pretty much just need to join a guild that isn't for 'hardcore raiding,' but is large enough to do at least ZG and AQ20. That way, no one is trying to force you to go to any particular event, but you can still participate on nights when you feel like it.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 01 Nov 2006, 01:23

Discomonkey wrote:WoW is fun until about 30, then it just becomes about the endless grind and raiding the same instance over and over until you complete your new set.

You don't do it because you enjoy it, you do it because the phat lootz are like a drug. It was this realization that made me quit.

A lot of people seem to find this the case, and I think the problem is playing with pugs or idiot 12 year olds. I've always had a really good group of people whom I actually know and who made running an instance a fun and ridiculous time.

Ultimately, 'loots' aren't really remotely important, and contribute only marginally to the fun of the game. Most of it is playing with people whom you enjoy.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
Discomonkey

Postby Discomonkey » 01 Nov 2006, 01:32

One of my best memories was when my guild (The Bloody Carrots) with our sister guild (The Rapscallions) raiding from Ashenvale, across Darkshore, through Darnassus and spent 2 hours making fun of the night-elves in Teldrassil, not one of us was above 20.

I still get the need to play it every now and then, I'll be at EBs and the thought will cross my mind that it would be so easy to grab one of the game cards and play again, but the knowledge that getting back into it would destroy me keeps me away, that and knowing I'd have to sit through 4 updates through Blizzards shitty updater.
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 01 Nov 2006, 05:28

It's not the raiding that's shitty, it's who you raid with that makes or breaks the game.

The expansion is going to be fixing a lot of the problems with the game, making it far more accessible for smaller groups of people to get the end-game lewtz than before. They're also fixing the Honor system, which we get in a patch before the expansion even comes out, which is the biggest thing that I'm looking forward too. No more insane pvp time commitment ftw!
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 01 Nov 2006, 06:35

i don't like WoW cos my friends have grown really fat and don't go outside anymore..
CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 01 Nov 2006, 07:36

Discomonkey wrote:One of my best memories was when my guild (The Bloody Carrots) with our sister guild (The Rapscallions)

oh how I miss being in TBC, untill we all got lumped into The Raps and Tim lost his fucking mind
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 01 Nov 2006, 10:45

I'm looking forward to the return of five-mans!

Unfortunately, being the only Alliance player on the boards, I won't be able to play with any of you...

I mean, unless anyone wants to run my UD rogue alt through WC at some point.
Unimatsuriku

Postby Unimatsuriku » 01 Nov 2006, 14:08

I play aliance, just started a new gnome warlock, haven't played in ages and I don't want to go back to being a lv.60 human lock, I wanted to start fresh but lock is the only class I like now I've tried them all :).

I'm on Moonglade though so unless your an EU RP realm player then we probs won't meet lol.
Jesus Saves, Cthulhu Eats, choose wisely - Bunny
Discomonkey

Postby Discomonkey » 01 Nov 2006, 14:23

What was your name Samson, Tim Buckley being an enormous douche is probably the biggest thing that killed WoW for me, TBC and the Raps were fucking awesome till he lost his mind.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 01 Nov 2006, 17:21

Kate: WoW isn't hard to learn, or play ;)

Cassul: Don't wait. Start a char now ;) Darrowmere Horde side is where I'm currently playing, new server, low ping, it's nice. I'm pissed they pushed the expansion back though

Others: I agree with The Hitman; find a good group of people to play with, and any game is instantly 10x more enjoyable.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 01 Nov 2006, 18:07

it can be tough to play depending on the class you pick

and in the Raps I was Phazz, only ever hit 44 with that toon, and its still my highest
angelgirlhehehe

Postby angelgirlhehehe » 03 Nov 2006, 01:02

He sounds like a couple of my WoW obsessed friends.... =T__T= stupid WoW stealing the life of my friends.
I wanna cookie
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 03 Nov 2006, 10:53

Unimatsuriku wrote:gnome warlock

Represent.

Also, yeah, I can safely say that I don't understand the WoW obsession either. It's fun, but it gets tiresome after a while once all you can do is raid. Like I mentioned, raiding is fun, but I don't think I could take a six hour raid commitment more than maybe once a month.
Stephen_S

Postby Stephen_S » 03 Nov 2006, 11:21

The Hitman wrote:I don't think I could take a six hour raid commitment more than maybe once a month.

Believe me, if you're into something and you love it so much, you'll do it.

I'm the same way with Flight Simulator. I sometimes do cross-country flights from Seattle to New York or Seattle to Winnipeg to Boston, but I set the auto-pilot after takeoff and basically just pay attention to the instruments and also (when I had my second computer) surf the net or read.
Le grá,

Steve
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 03 Nov 2006, 17:03

Stephen_S wrote:
The Hitman wrote:I don't think I could take a six hour raid commitment more than maybe once a month.

Believe me, if you're into something and you love it so much, you'll do it.

I'm the same way with Flight Simulator. I sometimes do cross-country flights from Seattle to New York or Seattle to Winnipeg to Boston, but I set the auto-pilot after takeoff and basically just pay attention to the instruments and also (when I had my second computer) surf the net or read.

Seattle ftw :D
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009

Return to “General Discussion”