Politics and the Vague Fear of Something Called Donald Trump

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Re: Politics and the Vague Fear of Something Called Donald T

Postby Dutch guy » 29 May 2016, 11:03

There are also much more compelling reasons to shut down coal plants than the CO2 production levels. The amount of waste product like soot and other nasty chemicals pumped into the air by coal plants has a direct measurable influence on the population living aroind these plants. Not shutting them down is just spitting in the face of people who have no option but to keep living near these plants
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Darkflame
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Darkflame » 02 Jul 2016, 11:24

Bump. Trump. Bump Trump!
*cough*

Apparently Trump is making up praise of himself and pretending its coming from other twitter users.
http://www.cracked.com/blog/trump-havin ... -accounts/

Seriously.
Its like if I did;

"Hay, Darkflame you are so onpoint! DarkflameForever!" @mrfaketwitter
Thanks mrfaketwitter!

This is just...I dont even know what this is.

Is he going senile?
I mean, its not like there isn't real praise of himself out there. If he feels like quoting praises of himself why even bother making it up??
http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 02 Jul 2016, 12:48

This way there's no chance of his brown-nosers changing their minds and saying anything he doesn't want them to.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
Darkflame

Postby Darkflame » 02 Jul 2016, 14:27

I guess so...but its just....not normal?
I mean Trumps pretty abnormal anyway...but this seems really weird.
Did he not think anyone would notice?
I cant place my finger on it. It just doesn't seem...human..behavior.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.
Amake
First Video: Le Cafe

Postby Amake » 02 Jul 2016, 15:50

No, it's the behavior of someone who doesn't believe in anything but has the skill to manipulate crowds. He knows his voters won't believe or care that he falsifies his own praise. It's such a minimal thing compared to all the other scams he's been caught in, and minimal effort on his part for a move that makes the opposition spend time and energy trying to understand and/or debunk it, plus it might just convince some of the few of his potential voters who use Twitter.

The thing you have to understand is that there's nothing in particular to understand about Trump. To think like him, all you have to do is pretend to be a shark that has been trained in political strategy and rhetoric.
"I know I tend to sound like I think what I say is written in stone, but please ignore that. I assure you I'm well aware that I have no idea what I'm talking about." -Amake, 2015
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 02 Jul 2016, 19:05

I'd debate the training in political strategy; rhetoric maybe, but it's more marketing and promotion...without any sense of an end-goal. Maybe "political campaign tactics".

I sincerely believe that Drumpf has no actual plan, strategy or agenda for ONCE he attains office; he's become so single-mindedly obsessed with how he needs to win the election (regardless of means) that he's not actually thinking about after the election.

...that tiny naive part of my psyche is holding out hope that he's pulling a massive troll, and once election night passes and he's declared President-Elect, his 'acceptance speech' will go on for a while and meander about the shallow, meaningless 'values' he's been espousing all campaign-long, and then he'll declare that he refuses the position of PotUS, thanks everyone for their time, but he's got other fish to fry (and then leaves the US for a comfortable country with no extradition treaty with America).

But that's just wishful thinking; if he wins, I fully expect the federal government to sail right along just like one of his companies - Trump University, say... (you might wanna invest in a life vest)
Darkflame

Postby Darkflame » 02 Jul 2016, 22:22

He could say "really? You were all going to vote for me? Your all freaking idiots" and do a mike drop.
He could do that right now if he wanted, and probably go down in the history books as being more significant in influence then most presidents.
Hell, he has already basically destroyed the republican party.
--
empath

Postby empath » 03 Jul 2016, 04:07

See, a paranoid might suppose that he's just doing this as a 'gun for hire' thing for Hillary and her Big Business backers; he infiltrates and...damn, I can't even find sufficiently strong words for the damage he's done, and then takes a dive to her in the election (some manufactured scandal that requires him to withdraw, and then his running mate isn't at all prepared and just stumbles)

An elaborate 'false flag' operation by a mole?

...it's disconcerting that these ravings of frothing-mouthed conspiracy theorists are...actually sounding kinda convincing? :(
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Postby MetricFurlong » 04 Jul 2016, 10:34

empath wrote:See, a paranoid might suppose that he's just doing this as a 'gun for hire' thing for Hillary and her Big Business backers; he infiltrates and...damn, I can't even find sufficiently strong words for the damage he's done, and then takes a dive to her in the election (some manufactured scandal that requires him to withdraw, and then his running mate isn't at all prepared and just stumbles)

An elaborate 'false flag' operation by a mole?

...it's disconcerting that these ravings of frothing-mouthed conspiracy theorists are...actually sounding kinda convincing? :(

The problem with those particular ravings is that they rest on the assumption that a substantial number of political and business leaders thought Trump stood a chance at winning the Republican nomination back when the race began. Which nobody did.
empath

Postby empath » 04 Jul 2016, 10:58

No, not necessarily win the GOP nomination; even just to split the party and weaken it would help. Indeed, if this was the case, I wonder if those plutocrats would have been quite discomfited at the unexpected success of their 'false-flag op'? Maybe they'd feel kinda like Brexit's masterminds?

...but again just a wild supposition, not shackled to anything like plausibility or corroborating proof.
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Postby MetricFurlong » 04 Jul 2016, 11:48

empath wrote:No, not necessarily win the GOP nomination; even just to split the party and weaken it would help.

Which, again, no one thought was likely back before the race get underway. Heck, even when it did Trump wasn't even seen as the most potentially successful lunatic fringe candidate running.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 04 Jul 2016, 12:23

Springtime for Hitler anyone?
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

empath

Postby empath » 04 Jul 2016, 13:58

JayBlanc
First Video: That thing with the thing and that stuff

Postby JayBlanc » 05 Jul 2016, 04:16

If it were a "false flag" operation, it'd still require the GOP to actively support a racist idiot. So either way, they deserve to fall apart.
JayBlanc
First Video: That thing with the thing and that stuff

Postby JayBlanc » 05 Jul 2016, 04:26

Of course, the answer is "follow the money". Trump raises political funds that go in one direction, Trump owned businesses. No matter what, Trump has already successfully pumped a ton of money out of the political process and into his pocket. And he may not be interested in increasing his funding base, because it would make it harder to keep the money going in the "right" direction.
Darkflame

Postby Darkflame » 06 Jul 2016, 07:52

Possible.
On the other hand, its still a risk. The guy basically trades on confidence people have on him. He persuades people to invest based on his reputation.
Losing wouldn't be so bad, but if its revealed he doesn't have the billions he claims too, it could damage his brand considerably, given thats the main foundation for it.
--
empath

Postby empath » 06 Jul 2016, 13:56

Well, that damage has been done - in running for public office he's exposed himself to scrutiny that cuts through his sales patter and glitz and showmanship, so he HAS damaged his brand. He's kinda burnt the bridge behind him, now.

...of course, that only applies to rational investors and ones who do serious research first, which - let's be honest - aren't really his 'target market'. It's like the old axiom: "You can't con an honest man." - Trump's investors want to 'cheat', they want to make lots of money without putting the honest time and effort into earning it, so they listen to his promises and his appeal, and they lie to themselves, and all the court-certified documents won't dissuade them from believing their own lie.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 07 Nov 2016, 05:58

Welp... Less than 48 hours to see the turn-out of this terrible election.

empath

Postby empath » 07 Nov 2016, 07:20

Here's a 'definitely not gonna happen, but what if' contingency:

Drumpf gets criminal fraud charges levelled against him, AND Clinton has something more culpable than "Grandma, you don't put that there!" come out of Bill's private email server, and they're both suddenly ineligible to run (or take office, if this were to happen post-election)...who do you think would win?

The electors, their declarations notwithstanding, can't vote for the GOP or Dems since now there ISN'T a candidate from either party, so who do the majority of them select? (usually based on how the popular vote for their state is going)

If the big two were gone, who of the remainder would be the next President?
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 07 Nov 2016, 12:35

You could return to the Commonwealth with no questions asked, but, there's the matter of missed taxed that is owed to the crown.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Darkflame

Postby Darkflame » 07 Nov 2016, 13:18

If Clinton or Trump gets convicted then it goes to their running mates.
Its still no contest.
Just look up Mike Pence's Policys. His Civil Rights positions alone should put anyone off.
--
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 08 Nov 2016, 22:02

fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Postby fantôme » 08 Nov 2016, 23:24

I haven't been following the elections all that much because the whole thing has been a horrible joke, (as these things often are these days). But I woke up this morning, had a look at the news, and... what the f**k America. Just what the f**k.
AdmiralMemo

Postby AdmiralMemo » 08 Nov 2016, 23:26

JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 08 Nov 2016, 23:50

So that's that.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Return to “General Discussion”