LRR/DB EU Meetup

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
LambMower
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

LRR/DB EU Meetup

Postby LambMower » 07 Apr 2016, 14:35

Hey everybody! We've been brewing the idea of an EU meetup for some time and are finally now getting together and actually putting it together. I can't give you exact when and where yet, but the plan so far is Karlshamn, Sweden (my hometown) sometime in August. Plans are up in the air and we will try to find a solution most convenient for the majority of attendees.

We have a Discord where we will be planning the event, if you have any interest in attending please join us there and everyone is of course welcome!

https://discord.gg/0w63lF6oQKj5fxgM
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Re: LRR/DB EU Meetup

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 07 Apr 2016, 15:35

Could be in depending on costs of staying around.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 09 Apr 2016, 00:39

I would definitely be interested. Would love to meet a bunch of European Runners :D
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 09 Apr 2016, 00:55

I'd love to be in, and by coincidence am planning a European trip that involves me being in Gothenburg for the start of September. So does that sort of timing suit?
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 10 Apr 2016, 06:04

I might be interested, but it does depend on the cost of hanging around and my work schedule (starting a new job at the end of the month, so don't really know where that is going to take me)
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Cybertrash
First Video: Bros Clubbing Bros

Postby Cybertrash » 10 Apr 2016, 12:32

This sounds interesting, my brother studies (and lives) in Karlshamn and I've promised to visit him since forever, so might perhaps get around to that and meet some LRR fans in the process? I might be away in August though, been thinking about going back to Japan for a couple of weeks.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 10 Apr 2016, 17:38

I am interested
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
hacofo
First Video: DB5 Stream

Postby hacofo » 10 Apr 2016, 21:37

Sadly witrh my travel plans this summer it will be hard to make it, time and Money wise, but I'll try.
And if I'm unable, I hope this will turn out so good, that it will become a yearly thing.
Phi
First Video: Impersonal Information

Postby Phi » 10 Apr 2016, 22:50

hacofo wrote:Sadly with my travel plans this summer it will be hard to make it, time and Money wise, but I'll try.
And if I'm unable, I hope this will turn out so good, that it will become a yearly thing.

Same here. I will be on a very tight budget this summer, but hope it won't be the last EU meetup.
DennyR
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DennyR » 11 Apr 2016, 03:07

I'll have a look to see if it's feasible for me, it's a bit early to say for definite though.
LambMower

Postby LambMower » 12 Apr 2016, 07:03

I have put up a doodle poll that you can find in the Discord where you can vote for dates. I've also possibly secured additional free beds for people, which puts the current number of free spaces around 3-6. We will have to decide how to claim those later on since we want it to be fair

Edit: Also to note, we're still looking for suggestions for location, Karlshamn is currently mostly a suggestion (despite having some clear pros), We would love somewhere more central but lack someone to help plan in those locations. A possibility if we try to make this an annual thing is for a lower key event in Karlshamn this year and then try to plan something on a more central location next year
Necabo
First Video: an lrr vid on the escapist spring 2011

Postby Necabo » 12 Apr 2016, 11:23

Probably not feasable for me, considering I actually have next to no money currently and finishing up my studies.
But a cool idea nontheless and would defenitly consider a future meetup
ImageImage

Mums
First Video: Checkpoint "Socially inept"

Postby Mums » 13 Apr 2016, 04:57

I might be able to secure a locale to be in for free or for a realtively small charge in Stockholm that takes 200 people (might be easier to get to for people traveling to Sweden). The place has a projector for playing sketches, maybe access to a bar with cheap prices and a speaker system. Unfortunately I don't have any free beds, but a relative of mine owns a hostel in central Stockholm and I might be able to get a good discount for that place.

If this sounds interesting I can start looking it up.
Sit down. Get ready. Sit down again!

The perfectly lying, lying bastad!
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 16 Apr 2016, 07:08

Mums idea sounds pretty fantastic.

Get people together to: watch some sketches, play some Magic, possible for those in close proximity to bring TVs for games and gameboys? Big ol' nerd hangout.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 18 Apr 2016, 02:40

I like this idea...
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
LambMower

Postby LambMower » 20 Apr 2016, 12:23

Sorry, I don't look at the forums a lot, but that sounds great Mums! We'll definitely take it into consideration. The date is now nailed to August 19-22 at least after a doodle poll, so now we have to nail the location and we're set to do this thing
LambMower

Postby LambMower » 28 Apr 2016, 12:04

Mums wrote:I might be able to secure a locale to be in for free or for a realtively small charge in Stockholm that takes 200 people (might be easier to get to for people traveling to Sweden). The place has a projector for playing sketches, maybe access to a bar with cheap prices and a speaker system. Unfortunately I don't have any free beds, but a relative of mine owns a hostel in central Stockholm and I might be able to get a good discount for that place.

If this sounds interesting I can start looking it up.

Could you check the Discord? We've been discussing Stockholm as a possible location and need to finalize locations soon
LambMower

Postby LambMower » 15 Jun 2016, 14:45

Hi everybody, bumping this thread because we're close to finalizing all the plans, so if somebody is interested and isn't in the Discord come and join up!

The plan is Karlshamn, Sweden during August 19-22, we're only planning out housing now but turns out the camping has 4 bed cottages for rent with full facilities for only 200 euros for the entire stay so I think we got that all sorted.

Anyways, join up into the discord and come hang out with us in August!
https://discord.gg/0w63lF6oQKj5fxgM
Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 16 Jun 2016, 09:19

Dang, the timing is a bit unfortunate... I get back from a holiday with the glider club on the 14th... I might be able to shift around a bit. I'll have to await the definite plans, can't go begging my boss to change my vacation weeks then find out it's not happening.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 22 Aug 2016, 12:35

I just want to say that we had quite a successful LRR/DBfH meet up in Sweden this weekend and plans are already being made to have another meet up next year.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.

Return to “General Discussion”