The most OCD question ever

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
magicpokey
First Video: Paper Boy

The most OCD question ever

Postby magicpokey » 22 Apr 2016, 21:47

This may be the most nit-picky-est OCD complaint I've ever indulged. On the Feed Dump set there is a big yellow D20 behind the center chair. It has a nonstandard numbering system. I mean, it probably fits the standard rules for a randomized D20 (each pair of opposite sides adds up to one more than the total number of faces on the die, 19 is opposite 2 adding up to 21 on a D20 for example) but it deviates from the universal placement of numbers on a standardized D20 (such as those used in D&D). It's also not a 'spindown' variant (commonly used in MtG and other games as a life counter). This is driving my OCD NUTS!

This is the offending polyhedral!

If someone could tell me what kind of die this is, and who makes it, I could look it up, get a map for it in my head and finally put this icosahedral nightmare to bed!

Help me, fellow Runners! You're my only hope!
I'm a bigger nerd than you. Not by way of intelligence, mind. But because I'm over six feet tall and more than 350 lbs.
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Re: The most OCD question ever

Postby korvys » 22 Apr 2016, 23:39

One option to map it would be to watch some TTC videos - they use it (and another, similar, green one) to roll for the crack a pack. You should be able to get a few more angles on it.
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Darkflame
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Darkflame » 23 Apr 2016, 06:57

Clearly its a shapeshifting alien and you spotted its almost but not quite perfect disguise.
http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 23 Apr 2016, 07:54

Not to get on your case, but OCD is a pretty serious thing that shouldn't be flung around like it's a casual descriptor. You could go with "a very particular question" or something instead.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 23 Apr 2016, 08:10

Fayili wrote:Not to get on your case, but OCD is a pretty serious thing that shouldn't be flung around like it's a casual descriptor. You could go with "a very particular question" or something instead.

I was going to make a silly joke saying that LRR have two of those die but not now.

Fayili, you did get on his case by posting that.
If it is still available look at LRR's old video: Offensisensitivity and you'll see why I say that.
I don't think anyone on this site is going to get upset if he uses that acronym.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
magicpokey

Postby magicpokey » 23 Apr 2016, 08:37

Thank you, Elomin Sha, but Fayili has a point. OCD should probably not be used in a casual manner.

While it is true that I used the acronym for comedic effect, I do in fact suffer from a mild case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Not anywhere nearly as bad as other people can, but little things (like the nonstandard d20) tend to really get under my skin until I can figure them out. I apologize if I offended anyone.

That being said, I'm going to re-watch a bunch of old videos to see if I can map out the die. though if anyone has already done this and wants to save me some time I would be grateful!
I'm a bigger nerd than you. Not by way of intelligence, mind. But because I'm over six feet tall and more than 350 lbs.
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 23 Apr 2016, 09:08

Don't apologise unless anyone IS offended.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 23 Apr 2016, 09:16

magicpokey wrote:Thank you, Elomin Sha, but Fayili has a point. OCD should probably not be used in a casual manner.

While it is true that I used the acronym for comedic effect, I do in fact suffer from a mild case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Not anywhere nearly as bad as other people can, but little things (like the nonstandard d20) tend to really get under my skin until I can figure them out. I apologize if I offended anyone.

That being said, I'm going to re-watch a bunch of old videos to see if I can map out the die. though if anyone has already done this and wants to save me some time I would be grateful!

Ah, sorry then! Yeah, I've known some people with stronger OCD that causes them severe distress in areas of their life and they really don't like it being thrown around as a neatness or organised thing, because it's 1) not, and 2) that downplays what they go through.

But yeah, if you've got it, by all means use the initialism how you want
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

magicpokey

Postby magicpokey » 23 Apr 2016, 11:19

On a side note, I am constantly amazed how awesome a community this is. On almost any other forum, this small sidetrack into the proper use of 'OCD' would have become a major flame war. But here, it is a short and reasonable discussion that is over quickly and nobody's feelings got hurt. I have said it before and I will say it again: I love each and every one of you, both individually and as a group!
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 23 Apr 2016, 11:55

magicpokey wrote: I love each and every one of you, both individually and as a group!

NOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT THE COOTIE BEES!
BlueChloroplast
First Video: something on the escapist

Postby BlueChloroplast » 23 Apr 2016, 11:59

My friend has a large foam d20 so I can check out how it is. However I am sick so it won't be for a few days.
magicpokey

Postby magicpokey » 23 Apr 2016, 16:20

BlueChloroplast oh Noes! We hope you get better!
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Antitonic » 23 Apr 2016, 18:55

Looks like the one from PAX Aus. Do these help?

Return to “General Discussion”