Overwatch for the Watch

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Overwatch for the Watch

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 24 Apr 2016, 01:18

Just wondering if any other runners happened to watch this? It seemed like there was a decent pop for LoadingReadyRun when it was mentioned live and not sure if any others happened to watch the stream.

I thought it was a really entertaining couple of matches to watch with both James & Graham racking up a play of the game to earn their spots on the table. Also wondering how others and Graham feel about the rather constant trash-talk that the casters gave him?
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
wartjr2373
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Re: Overwatch for the Watch

Postby wartjr2373 » 24 Apr 2016, 06:26

I watched it live in person. It was pretty tense; I was rooting for Team Tycho (a.k.a. Team Graham)
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 24 Apr 2016, 08:14

I wish I could have watched it, but I had to leave Boston at 4:30 to get to Providence for Alton Brown's Eat Your Science at 8PM.

WHY. Did those have to be the same freaking weekend?
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 25 Apr 2016, 04:40

I felt the casting team didn't have any knowledge of this event until day of. The host was like "so there is a watch and you shoot each other for it? like in a game!" and then the casters kept on ragging on plays as "not being pro level" and "not being ideal" It seems as though they didn't know this was more a of friendly rivalry they were treating it like these two teams were arch rival clans who had spent years fighting back and forth in other games and had moved to overwatch months ago.

Also I dont watch esports so I don't know how they are normally covered but it seems like there has to be a better way than cutting every 5 seconds to a competitors perspective and talking about the play they either just made or attempted seconds before the camera switch which was the WHOLE THING.
Maybe it was less confusing to other people but they did seem to bounce back and forth between character names and player names pretty regularly

"Tracer comes around the corner and starts shooting tycho but OH NO! Here comes Reinhardt way to go dabe you really hit the turbo slam, and here we see that Graham just oh no widomaker with the shot!"
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Wooglie
First Video: Desert Bus

Postby Wooglie » 25 Apr 2016, 05:51

I think the software automatically changed person when the current player died. This led to some weird cuts.
MrPayneTrayne
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby MrPayneTrayne » 25 Apr 2016, 10:23

I thought it was possible that the casting team was playing off of Gabe & Tycho's "We're here to kill each other" kinda vibe, but true.

Didn't notice the camera work, seemed rather normal to me.
Join the LoadingReadyRunners Fitocracy group!
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/4504/

First LoadingReadyCosplayer! By a hair, the two dresses from CPt absolutely destroyed my closet cosplay.
RoboNixon
First Video: Skeletor's Dick

Postby RoboNixon » 30 Apr 2016, 16:21

Is there any way to watch this after the event? Like with Acquisitions Incorporated? I did a search but couldn't find anything helpful
Learning without thought is labor lost - Confucius

Return to “General Discussion”