Need some help

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
CamelKnackRambleHort
First Video: Cursing

Need some help

Postby CamelKnackRambleHort » 24 Jul 2016, 15:18

Hey people I hope this isn't inappropriate but I don't know anyone I can ask and I am kind of worried.

Last night I couldn't sleep, like I was up until 6 am, and then I got about 2 hours of sleep before I woke back up. Can't fall back asleep now because of some sort of jaw ache, maybe an ear infection? I am having a hard time thinking straight, but that might just be because I am tired.

But what has me worried is this sort of pulsing dizziness/vertigo sensation. Every ten seconds or so I feel something like a pulse in my head and then I feel dizzy to the point of vertigo, but it goes away very quickly. The sensation lessens and almost disappears when I sit down and relax, perhaps only happening every couple minutes and with a much less pronounced vertigo.

Does this sound serious enough to warrant a trip to an emergency room or should I just lay down and rest? Is this normal for extreme sleep deprivation or does it sound like something worse is going on? How my insurance works if it is an unnecessary trip I could be billed for the entire cost which would basically break us financially, and even the co-pay for an emergency visit would be extremely damaging to our finances.

Sorry if this isn't an appropriate topic, I just don't have anyone else I can turn to for advice.
She/her please
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: Need some help

Postby Elomin Sha » 24 Jul 2016, 15:36

That's normal. You don't have to worry, unless it is a brain tumour.

I've had that once or twice when I've tried to sleep but it really hasn't been anything of note, could be blood pressure or such. But really, asking a forum of medical numpties isn't a good idea. Our opinion means squat since we don't have proper training. Ask a doctor.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
MinniChi
First Video: Your Very Own Prom

Postby MinniChi » 24 Jul 2016, 15:38

Can you get in to see a family doctor? Thus not requiring a visit to emerg, but still getting it looked at. Just don't drive. In Ontario we have a Telehealth program where we call a hotline to speak with a nurse who then provides advice based on symptoms. I.E: child with fever, advised to cool in tub, and provide Tylenol. See if there is one for your area.
No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Psyclone
First Video: Christmas Carolling on Halloween

Postby Psyclone » 24 Jul 2016, 17:19

I talked to my mom who's a GP, and she said you'd most likely be fine to wait a day and then see a GP, because since today is Sunday I doubt you'd be able to see one right away. At your age it's not anything immediately dangerous but if it doesn't go away you should get it looked at.
They/them/their pronouns

twitch: armadillorampant
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Postby MetricFurlong » 24 Jul 2016, 18:16

Out of curiosity, do these pulses you're experiencing before the vertigo/dizziness feel electrical at all (like a small zap or shock)?

Also, if it's not too personal to ask, are you currently on (or have you recently been on) antidepressants or anti-anxiety medication?
CamelKnackRambleHort
First Video: Cursing

Postby CamelKnackRambleHort » 24 Jul 2016, 20:25

Thanks for all the replies everyone, I did read them and all that but I don't know my password off the top of my head and I read them off my phone.

I did think of calling a nurse hotline actually, but I couldn't find one that was running this weekend. There probably is one, but I was having an extremely difficult time thinking straight.

I am currently in between doctors for reasons related to me being trans and some discrimination going on there, and I would have normally called someone in my family but, well, Lets just say contacting them would be a poor idea at the moment. So thanks a bunch people.

Thanks for asking your mom psyclone. If it comes back tomorrow I'll go to a doctor.

@MetricFurlong Currently on both,as well as HRT, if that matters. And no, the pulse is more like a thudding in my head. It doesn't hurt in anyway, just all the sudden bam, and I feel like I am going to fall over.

But, good news! I am feeling much, much better. Pulsing stuff gone. Still a bit unstable and incredibly tired though, I am falling asleep at my keyboard as I write.

Thanks a bunch everyone, it really helped out.
She/her please
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 24 Jul 2016, 21:21

Didn't have anything to add earlier, but I'm glad you're feeling better. :) If you're tired, I'd say definitely try to get caught up on sleep if (though it sounds like you may already be doing that by now), that'll probably make things a lot better.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Darkflame
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Darkflame » 25 Jul 2016, 15:30

MetricFurlong wrote:Out of curiosity, do these pulses you're experiencing before the vertigo/dizziness feel electrical at all (like a small zap or shock)?

Random datapoint; I've had those things all my life. Normally at the exact moment I am starting to drift off.
http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.

Return to “General Discussion”