PAX Aus 2016 - The EnPAXenning

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Antitonic
First Video: Installation Anxiety

PAX Aus 2016 - The EnPAXenning

Postby Antitonic » 30 Sep 2016, 04:31

It's still a little ways off, as the schedule isn't up yet, but I figured we'd need to start getting some rough idea of who all is attending, and if we have ideas for a meetup as is tradition.

The last couple of PAXs, we've sorted out a meal at Bangpop, and that's seemed to go over well enough. There are plenty of other places along the promenade, so if anyone has any strong feelings one way or the other, please speak up!

Sound off if you have plans to attend, so we can start planning only to have the whole thing change when the panel schedule drops!
Graham
Super Moderator

Re: PAX Aus 2016 - The EnPAXenning

Postby Graham » 02 Oct 2016, 02:02

Unofficial but basically confirmed: Panel is Friday night at 6:30
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 02 Oct 2016, 03:28

Is that a LRR specific panel, or like, the Jackbox games panel (or both)?
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 03 Oct 2016, 04:53

I am likely going to be going down. If only it was late November, then I could tie it into my existing Melbourne trip. XD
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
SONIC_WOLF
First Video: unskippable: eternal sonata

Postby SONIC_WOLF » 03 Oct 2016, 20:05

Heya. I'm going to go but i wish i knew when was the best day to go cos I'll only be able to make it for one day.
SONIC_WOLF

Postby SONIC_WOLF » 07 Oct 2016, 23:22

Alright. All set for Saturday. See you there. Anyone into pins can ask me about the one I have from DB9 as i won't use it.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 09 Oct 2016, 18:25

PANELS CONFIRMED

Friday, we'll be on the Jackbox panel at 5PM

But our official LRR panel "A Whole Two of Us" will be SATURDAY @ 6PM

Blog post to come (which will include a call for volunteers to help run our table)
PunkRockZoologist
First Video: Feed Dump: Black Metal and Nudity

Postby PunkRockZoologist » 09 Oct 2016, 19:03

I will be there. Working as an Enforcer again this year, so I'll arrange my shifts so that I can attend the panels. Keen to hang out at the fan meetup too. Bangpop looks cool.
azninsect
First Video: Friday Nights - The Long Road

Postby azninsect » 13 Oct 2016, 15:09

I'll be flying in from Brisbane on Thursday and will be attending all 3 days of PAX :D

I'll be roaming around taking photos and attending panels but would be keen on volunteering for a couple of hours if the LRRspeeps would like :D (I've sent an email)

Look forward to meeting all of you!
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 13 Oct 2016, 15:43

I'll be there on the Friday only. In hindsight, I should have waited for the actual panel confirmation. Ah well, I'll still be able to annoy see you at the table and Jackbox panel.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Kramburger
First Video: Men

Postby Kramburger » 13 Oct 2016, 16:01

Flying down for the full weekend. Graham mentioned that this might be happening when I met him at Pax East this year, but I still got hyped when I saw the announcement.
Antaran
First Video: Friday Nights - Untap

Postby Antaran » 13 Oct 2016, 16:23

I'll be there all day for all 3 days. Can't wait!
pobblebonk
First Video: Unskippable

Postby pobblebonk » 17 Oct 2016, 22:18

Exciting to see you guys head to PAX Aus this year. My wife and I will be there (also PAX South because Melbourne is apparently not far enough away!)

She's a massive pin-head and was wondering if you would be bringing down any of your previously released pins for sale and/or would there be a new pin to collect?
J01000111
First Video: It's Magic

Postby J01000111 » 19 Oct 2016, 15:23

Graham directed me here when I asked him on a stream

I'm a local, more or less, and i'm super willing to help out at the table and panel and whathaveyou, but because of my tight budget, I can't afford tickets to PAX. Can anyone help me out so I can help out?(and meet G+K, which would obviously be great)
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 19 Oct 2016, 22:27

Now that the schedule has finally been listed, hopefully people have a rough idea of what they might be up to during the convention, so I've put together a survey for organising some Runner events. So if you have some time, could you fill this out?

Survey Link!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 20 Oct 2016, 00:49

pobblebonk wrote:Exciting to see you guys head to PAX Aus this year. My wife and I will be there (also PAX South because Melbourne is apparently not far enough away!)

She's a massive pin-head and was wondering if you would be bringing down any of your previously released pins for sale and/or would there be a new pin to collect?
We should have all previous pins that we still have stock of, and yes... a new one!
DomovoiP
First Video: Untap

Postby DomovoiP » 20 Oct 2016, 16:46

So keen for this, wasn't planning on travelling down to PAX until Graham announced their attendance. I was wandering how many LRR Australian fans are also magic players? I have a cube I can bring down for a fan draft (with Graham and Kathleen if they have time), but if there isn't enough interest out there I won't fill up my carry-on with magic cards :-P
korvys
First Video: Zero Punctuation: X-Blades/Halo Wars

Postby korvys » 20 Oct 2016, 17:30

I can say, with GREAT confidence, that there are Magic playing LRR fans in Australia.

I am planning on bringing a box or two of Conspiracy 2 to draft, either with LRR fans or other friends (I haven't really planned it out too much yet).

We had a Conspiracy draft last year, and a few Commander games played. The main thing preventing any more was everyone's various schedules, not a lack of people.

If you want to arrange a cube draft, I know I'd be keen if I'm not busy. Maybe make a form like Antitonic has made with different times to gauge interest?
"Why does Sonic chill like dawgs?" - Graham
"Causation. Still a leading cause of correlation"" - Oglaf

Google+ / Twitter / Mastodon
keybase.io
Antaran
First Video: Friday Nights - Untap

Postby Antaran » 21 Oct 2016, 11:54

What's your cube, DomovoiP? I was going to offer to bring mine but it seems you beat me to it :P

Mine is 100% multicolour. Quite stressful.
Antitonic

Postby Antitonic » 25 Oct 2016, 05:43

Survey will be closing on Sunday, so if there's anyone left to fill in their responses, please do so, so we can finalise some things!

General consensus so far:
Meetup lunch/dinner: Bangpop, either Friday after the show, or Sunday any time after midday.
Conspiracy draft: Midday on any of the three days.
Commander: Friday/Saturday afternoon, or Sunday any time after midday.

I managed to get a good deal on a box of Conspiracy, so there's no problems there, and will be bringing multiple EDH decks for sharing. As for Cube, there's probably going to be enough time for some so if you feel like bringing it along, I'd say it's a safe bet!
carpenteria
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby carpenteria » 25 Oct 2016, 15:48

Getting pretty pumped, will be great to see everyone! Unfortunately due to poor foresight on my part I'll miss 1.5 of the panels - doing the enforcer thing this year, and my shifts land on the panels, dang.

Any other LRR Enforcers out there? I feel like I recognize a few on the roster, even in my department, so that's exciting!
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Postby MattAn » 25 Oct 2016, 22:57

Greetings, LRRstralia Runners!

I guess I'm back on the forums or something? (MattAndre from Twitch chat!)

Somewhat confirmed within the last week or so, I'm finally going to PAXAus (but only on the Saturday)!

Flying in from Perth at roughly 2:20am Saturday morning, flying out Sunday morning at around 6:30am.. And I'm hyped for some meetups! :D

EDIT: Oh man, I only just re-noticed what my avatar is set as and I burst into laughter during a break in this Unity scripting class. This brings me joy.
DomovoiP
First Video: Untap

Postby DomovoiP » 26 Oct 2016, 01:41

The cube is vaguely themed "All-Stars", Antaran. It was inspired by the Desert Bus 9 kazoo rendition of Smash-Mouths All-Star. Each card has been a defining card on a format - whether it be commander, standard, modern, legacy, vintage. Cards only get omitted for being consistently unfun, power level isn't a concern.

Would it be alright if the cube draft just rides the tail coats of Antitonic's Conspiracy draft? When enough people finish with that, we can start cubing.
SONIC_WOLF

Postby SONIC_WOLF » 28 Oct 2016, 23:00

Greetings all again.

Good to see a few more replies since i last checked. I have a couple of questions of people going.

1) Anyone after a pax prime Bin it 2 win it pin? pins aren't my thing to trade but i believe it is sort after?

2) Due to my disability i cannot get into any of the shops that run FNM so i have a booster box and all of the starter decks of Avacyn Restored, i know that Card kingdom trades them in , but i would rather deal with someone closer.

See you Saturday.
Yoshi_Gal
First Video: Unskippable 01. On The Escapist.

Postby Yoshi_Gal » 30 Oct 2016, 00:20

I once again only appear on the forums purely for this topic.

The boyfriend and I will be at PAX all three days and we, as always, would love to see all you lovely people.

We're keen for foods but neither of us are particularly big on Magic.

I promise we will actually make it to a runners meet up this year instead of me saying we will and then forgetting or falling asleep or quite possibly both.

SEE Y'ALL REAL SOON
I don't have a lot of friends, just my fans. And they are all I need.

Return to “General Discussion”