The voxlunch stream shelter thread

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
vorox4
First Video: One of the Friday Nights, I think.

The voxlunch stream shelter thread

Postby vorox4 » 09 Nov 2016, 16:45

So, after recent events, a lot of people are scared, and have good reason to be. A lot of people are looking for a place where they can feel safe, and Alex, after providing an election shelter stream, had an idea about how to do just that. After Alex was finished streaming, the newly dubbed stream shelter would move to another stream, and another, and another, giving people a place where they can feel safe, appreciated, and covered in hugs. ReilaOda, gunbuster000, greygore and I all streamed that night, and it was an amazing, incredible success, one which we plan on continuing in the future.

The streamshelter's purpose is simple, there are a lot of people who are threatened right now, and we all want some place where we can feel safe, the stream shelter, wherever it might be hosted, is a place where people can come and weather what is happening right now, together.

Currently, Alex, who had the original idea and who's stream is the "main channel" of the shelter, and ReilaOda, who has taken the initiative in organizing it and promoting it, and who made the spreadsheet, are probably the best people to talk to if you would like to host a stream yourself. The spreadsheet can be found here, Voxlunch Stream Shelter Handoff Sheet If you have any questions about the Spreadsheet, ReilaOda is the one to ask. Or me, but she'd probably give you a better answer. :p

The main criteria is simply to provide somewhere safe and supportive for the Chat to go, and since the Chat itself is amazing and wonderful in that regard, it shouldn't be to hard. The spreadsheet is edited during the chain, and when a new stream starts, the streamer writes down how long they can go on the spreadsheet, at which point another streamer shall usually volunteer to take over from them. Again, the goal is to provide a safe space for people threatened by recent events, as well as a safe and supportive place in general. The purpose of this thread is to post information pertaining to the shelter, as well as questions you might have regarding it.
Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind. -Terry Pratchett
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!-vorox4
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Re: The voxlunch stream shelter thread

Postby Elomin Sha » 09 Nov 2016, 17:19

Sincere question: is covering oneself in a shell, repeatedly, a good idea? You're going to have to come out at some point and just deal with it like adults, falling apart isn't going to help.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Elaro
First Video: Three PS3s

Postby Elaro » 09 Nov 2016, 20:06

Elomin Sha wrote:Sincere question: is covering oneself in a shell, repeatedly, a good idea? You're going to have to come out at some point and just deal with it like adults, falling apart isn't going to help.

The shelter protects the mind while it comes up with a coping mechanism.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 09 Nov 2016, 20:31

Added an explanation command to LRRbot. :-)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

vorox4

Postby vorox4 » 09 Nov 2016, 21:27

Thank you, memo!
As for elomin's post, there are more than enough spaces where people are going to have to deal with this, a lot, in nasty, cruel, and sometimes very dangerous ways, why is having a space where you can take refuge so bad? People are terrified, *terrified* for their right to be who they are, for their right to control of their own bodies, sometimes for the right to their own lives. There are people who are feeling broken and hopeless, and they need somewhere to go where they can feel like they are cared about, where they are appreciated and their experiences of being threatened by this can be spoken about and understood by people who are in the same situation. And if you don't respect that, then you don't respect me, or any of us.
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 09 Nov 2016, 21:41

Elomin Sha wrote:Sincere question: is covering oneself in a shell, repeatedly, a good idea? You're going to have to come out at some point and just deal with it like adults, falling apart isn't going to help.

Solidarity found in storm shelter streams does help people feel stronger. Without it everyone would face things not knowing how to cope with their anxiety and that's unhealthy. Some may turn to alcohol or drugs instead of finding what's offered in these sorts of streams. We're offering tips like how to find willing listeners through sites like 7cups.com when finding affordable therapist isn't an option. It's not a suggestion that people should hide from everything. Think of it as doing a breathing refocus exercise, brief timeout to not dwell on the stress for unhealthy duration. You're welcome to join us Elomin Sha. <3
Image Image
Click here, receive tweet: http://twitter.com/DaniellePepinAI
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 10 Nov 2016, 01:59

Thanks for the offer but I won't. When I have had issues I just deal with it head on. The worst of what can happen is what your brain can create itself.

Vorox, reread your final sentence and ask yourself if that is really a good thing to say. Respect is earned and not given as an automatic right.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
CamelKnackRambleHort
First Video: Cursing

Postby CamelKnackRambleHort » 10 Nov 2016, 03:31

Many of us are now at the mercy of people who have demonstrated a complete lack of respect and empathy towards us, who have worked tirelessly to strip us of rights and protections. These are not fake problems that are only in our heads.

Why do you begrudge people having a single place of safety where they can take a break from dealing with it head on? Because most of us do deal with our problems head on. Every day. We don't have the luxury of a choice in the matter.
She/her please
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 10 Nov 2016, 05:28

Elomin, have you never made the point of having a nice meal or playing a game that you love after a difficult day? There's no shame in allowing yourself time to recuperate away from your stressors, whether or not that's with people, online, or alone.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

vorox4

Postby vorox4 » 10 Nov 2016, 05:58

Current list of shelter stream streamers:

ReilaOda, greygore, gunbuster000, vorox4, adi_pie, Mister_Blue_sky, pixilatedpainter, Admiralmemo, Tsutsayosdi, and others to be added in the future.
ReilaOda
First Video: IDDQderp Stalker COP EP 1

Postby ReilaOda » 10 Nov 2016, 08:15

Firstly I would like to thank those of you being supportive of this endeavor. I also would like to address the one person who has been relatively negative. Presuming that we are using this to hide from everything is false reasoning at best, insulting at worst. Here's the thing you say respect isn't given by default, and you're right but when you come into a forum post designed to spread positive attitudes and question it. We responded in kind. I appreciate perhaps Vorox was a bit more firm then you would've liked.

Your nay saying is indicative of a fundamental misunderstanding of what we're doing. Firstly political opinions aren't really happening in the chat to begin with, as a result no one is really echo chambering because politics aren't happening. People are scared, and you're arguing people conquer that fear, and we are. We're supporting our fellow human being by helping them out in a time of need. Your'e one of those bulldozers like I am that just windmills into battle smashing problems as you go. I get that.

Not everyone has that mentality or capacity to do so. As a result it's up to those of us in positions of strength to sooth those fears and get to a more even and rational keel. IF this isn't to your liking you can simply not watch/ignore this thread. Spreading negativity over a wound is just being a bully, which I doubt was your intent. So lets carefully word our replies here.

To the other more positive members of chat. I am honored to take part in helping everyone get through a trying time.
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 10 Nov 2016, 10:05

I (on Twitch as WeiseDrachenJaeger) am also interested in streaming as part of the shelter, though work has been making it hard to find the time or energy for the past couple of days (bouncing back and forth between shifts is fun! Not). I'll be streaming at my normal time tomorrow either way, but I'll keep my eye on the calendar and if it looks like there's a gap, I will extend my stream in the appropriate direction to cover it. That said, being in the same time zone as LRR means that probably won't be necessary - Alex pretty consistently starts streaming at about the same time I do. =)

Edit: That would be tomorrow from 11am (9am CST) to 2pm (Noon CST), if not superseded by another. Not sure if I should add that to the calendar or not, since I was told last night to hold off on concrete times.
Alex Steacy
First Video: Beats me! No seriously Graham hits me.

Postby Alex Steacy » 10 Nov 2016, 10:24

The point of the shelter is to give relief to people who have been dealing with it like adults and are exhausted. It's for others to muster enough energy to go and face the day. It's for frightened people to gather and reassure one another that not everything has gone to hell (because it hasn't). No one is hiding from reality. It can't be escaped anyway. We are coping with it together.

Please understand the difference between a hole to stick your head in and a refuge to find your bearings and connect with others looking to do the same.
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 10 Nov 2016, 13:52

I have never streamed before, but have wanted to try, and for the cause of helping keep the safe space stream going I could imagine giving it a try, if people think that'd be good?
Hurp-De-Durp!
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 10 Nov 2016, 18:43

Deedles. Streaming's fun, you'll enjoy it.

Alex Steacy wrote:The point of the shelter is to give relief to people who have been dealing with it like adults and are exhausted. It's for others to muster enough energy to go and face the day. It's for frightened people to gather and reassure one another that not everything has gone to hell (because it hasn't). No one is hiding from reality. It can't be escaped anyway. We are coping with it together.

Please understand the difference between a hole to stick your head in and a refuge to find your bearings and connect with others looking to do the same.

Hey Alex, long time no see. The way it came across when I read it seemed that it was overly protective. Could be me mucking up in understanding thinking that people just want to shut out the entire world. Ive been under the mantra I don't think is a good idea, confronting something has to happen at some point. Shut off at the beggin on the outside, to me, seems like running (I can be mistaken). I don't know if these are young people/older people, or if they have not been faced with an experience that things don't always go how they want. For me it was the EU Referendum.
That is why I asked. It would be silly for me to just make up an answer in my head.

Fayili wrote:Elomin, have you never made the point of having a nice meal or playing a game that you love after a difficult day?

Nope. My days have been no different since I was twelve.
Get up;
Go to school/work;
Nothing positive happens for me not matter how much effort I put in;
Deal with bullies/assholes (customers and work colleagues);
Come home;
Deal with marital issue between parents/deal with step-father bi-polar disorder breakdowns/little brother ilnesses/mother's health deterioration;
Spend time alone, play games, write, art, watch wrestling;
Did have one person I like talking to a lot but we haven't spoken properly in almost year and a half;
I just do things, I have nothing special in my life.

CamelKnackRambleHort wrote:Many of us are now at the mercy of people who have demonstrated a complete lack of respect and empathy towards us, who have worked tirelessly to strip us of rights and protections. These are not fake problems that are only in our heads.

You may have to look up at the meaning of begrudge again. I do not 'envy', nor do I 'give up reluctantly' or 'resentively' what some people want. In regards of disrespect, in light of recent events disrespect has not been given/received mutually exclusive to one side, in the political sphere.

I never mentioned or hinted at something someone experienced as being fake. Don't create something out of what I did NOT say. Empathy cannot be given if someone has not gone through something similar, you may have meant sympathy. Example: I cannot be empathic to someone who has lost a grandparent because it has not happened to me. Give it a couple years and it will happen and I will be able to have empathy to someone in the same regard. I'm prepared for it as I can be, I won't like it, but it will happen soon be it death or the signs of dementia that have already started showing.

ReilaOda wrote:Your nay saying is indicative of a fundamental misunderstanding of what we're doing. Firstly political opinions aren't really happening in the chat to begin with, as a result no one is really echo chambering because politics aren't happening. People are scared, and you're arguing people conquer that fear, and we are. We're supporting our fellow human being by helping them out in a time of need. You're one of those bulldozers like I am that just windmills into battle smashing problems as you go. I get that.

Not everyone has that mentality or capacity to do so. As a result it's up to those of us in positions of strength to sooth those fears and get to a more even and rational keel. [unnecessary extra space] If this isn't to your liking you can simply not watch/ignore this thread. Spreading [unnecessary extra space] negativity over a wound is just being a bully, which I doubt was your intent [Then there is no need to write that sentence]. So let's carefully word our replies here.

One: Welcome to the forum; enjoy your time here.
Two: Hi I'm Elomin Sha, resident idiot, stick in the mud, rather nice person, and doesn't take too kindly to way certain things are said falsely; which you did so I'm calling bollocks.

What did I say was nay-saying or spreading negativity? If the question is sincere, as I put it, because language through text misses the nuiance of inflextion, tone and body language; what is wrong with it logically?

At what point did I mention anything about politics? Personally I didn't want any of the main candidates to win. I also know nothing about the other two who were running. If they were the best on offer, bloody hell, things need fixing badly. But as with you bringing that up it's not important as with my attitudes to what has happened, and has no relevance with what I wrote.

There was nothing fundamentally wrong with what I asked, unless asking a question is now considered wrong. As the word respected has already been used (and not replied on since by the originator), only two people have been respectful in response: Alex and Danielle. Camel I'm not going to hold up it up to because that would be using their erroneous word against them.
You're new here, you don't know me. They do. You don't know how I respsond. They know HOW to talk, and HOW to respond. Everyone is different, you said that so much in regards to dealing with something with mental capacity.

If I was abhorrantly and fundementally misunderstood to the situation I would have written: "Oh boo hoo cry babies, go to the library and get a spine." I didn't. Perhaps using adult to some can be an insult but adult was inferred as being steeled through years of exprience of how a world works (as good or as bad as it has been in history). I don't want to be an adult. It means having to get a mortgage.

Fundamentally wrong is coming in guns blazing with a silly accusation of being a bull (despite there being a caveate at the end to cover yourself). I do not know who you are, its a given, but in a new place where you don't know an eco-system, shouting out is not a good idea. It's happened here before; Yukikaze, Ottoman, stinkychops. Names you do not know but all have done something similar, they were worse so I won't equate you to themm one-hundred percent. They were arrogant, tosspots and petchulant children, and we dealt with them calmly to begin with, escalating rationally when required.

You may have missed my earlier post thanking Danielle, and old friend, for the invite but I declined, respectively.

If you choose to respond, please respond to the next question first with a Yes or No answer. THEN explain your answer.

Is asking an, again, sincerely stated question really being a bully? If yes then you have no real clue (without knowing your life, but with what you just wrote) what a bully is.

Here is a real example:
Shot in the leg at school;
Held up towards and almost thrown out of an almost third storey (UK storey) height window by two random older kids at school to concrete below;
Beaten repeatedly by the same people, broken window glass held up to my throat, items stolen, verbally insulted, poked, ostricised by the kids at school (on more than one occasion, through no fault of my own);
Chance of losing an eye when a metal badge was thrown at me in class striking me there, luckily the thick pin was not the side that hit me.
Sent to a school counsellor, with out parent approval, about why I was the problem of not making friends (that school was useless);
All of that was because I was English in two Welsh schools, and this lasted for five years. These were caused by individuals and repeat offenders.

ReilaOda wrote:So let's carefully word our replies here.

Yet, you chose not to.
Do you know what happens to people who don't carefully word their replies? Do you? Do you know what happens? Well, I'm going to tell you what happens.

But I have no list, I have a bag. The bag contains everything, there is no outside the bag, just the inside. Everything on the inside is on fire and so are you. Get in the bag!

You may have noticed I'm not taking you seriously as a person for the contents on your first post here, and how it was conducted. You came in saying things that bore no relevance to what was said. So Vorox understands, that is disrespect. My reply can be seen as such, or it would be if there was respect to begin with. I can't disrespect someone if I have none. As stated: earned not given. I will listen and I will hear anyone (or in this case read) and come to my own conclusion based upon that. In this case you, Oda, are not ranking compared to others I know. I've had, not so much, issues but discussions, with Fayili a month or so back. Yes they were abrassive at times, but she still has my respect because, as with Alex and Danielle, we know each other on some level.

TL;DR breakdown:

Sincere question;
Response of assumption with applied accusation, and possibly not reading an earlier response I made;
Rebuttal addressing what was ACTUALLY said even handedly; followed by not taking responder seriously;
You did not conduct yourself adequately and I reply not quite in kind. As I said, resident idiot.

Have a good day, hopefully the streams go well for you all.

Up next on our turntable is a request from an old time listener who wants us to play a cover of Yava, followed by another cover of The Riddle Enjoy.

*I fixed some errors for you. No need to thank me, I'm here all the time with no social life.
Last edited by Elomin Sha on 11 Nov 2016, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
CamelKnackRambleHort
First Video: Cursing

Postby CamelKnackRambleHort » 10 Nov 2016, 18:57

Ok then, can you please explain what you meant by this sentence:

"The worst of what can happen is what your brain can create itself."

What does that mean if not "the worst" is made up, fake, or us blowing the issue out of proportion? Because I am having a very difficult time figuring any other possible meaning that could apply to people in general.
She/her please
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 10 Nov 2016, 19:46

Elomin, I think that was overkill. Reila was far from aggressive, there's no need for you to respond in that manner. No one has any issues with you asking a question, since it came from a place of sincere curiousity, but it's the following statements that you made that makes it sound like you are belittling those who need that kind of safe space to be able to handle what they're going through.

As for Reila calling you a bulldozer, I am fairly certain that what she meant is that it's good for you that you can power through your problems without need of safe spaces like that, but not everyone works the same way as you. So, just like how you want to have people be considerate towards how you are and work as a person you need to do the same.
Hurp-De-Durp!
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 10 Nov 2016, 23:24

A lot of stuff here, but one thing:

Elomin, I think it's unfair for you to call others out on what you perceive to be a negative tone and say that people have to speak in a specific way to you, but try to explain away your consistently aggressive attitude.
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

TStodden
First Video: Checkpoint #067: Final Fantasy Apology
Location: Siouxland Empire, USA, Earth, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way Galaxy

Postby TStodden » 11 Nov 2016, 02:05

I'll be looking at joining the Stream Shelter ONCE things in my life & work schedule settles down (contract transition cause working days & hours to be effed up for a bit), so I'll probably be camping in the shelter for a little while longer. Once I'm ready to resume streaming, I'll likely be taking some late-night hours (around after 12:00 AM CST / 10:00 PM PST) Friday Night / Saturday Morning, as availability permits.

For those who still want to stream, but don't want to participate in the Stream Shelter at this time... Check out the Community Streamer Thread at http://loadingreadyrun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22584 to discuss & set up your stream schedule.

Getting in touch with CaffeinatedLemur about getting editing access to the Community Streamer Calendar ( http://bit.ly/LRRFanStreamCalendar2 ) doesn't hurt (make sure you provide a Google ID / e-mail) for scheduling since you'll only be able to add & modify your own entries.

For those who are interested in streaming
, here's a quick checklist for you...
  • Good Broadband Connection with a decent upstream speed -- You'll want ~1.5 Mbps or higher for reasonable quality at 720p (@ 30 fps).
  • Decent mid-range PC or higher -- CPU / GPU load will be higher than normal for the game you'll be playing because you'll be running broadcast software in the process.
  • A reasonable webcam -- While a Logitech C920/922 webcam is ideal, anything that can handle 720p (@ 30 fps) works. We like to see the streamer when possible.
  • A decent mic + headphones OR headset -- Want to make sure people can hear you without getting any echo from the game.
  • A Twitch Account -- This is a bit obvious, but as everybody else is on Twitch... you should too. People are a bit hesitant to switch sites (to YouTube Gaming or other streaming sites)

Stuff that's optional, but nice to have (for a touch of professionalism)
  • Multiple Monitors -- One for your game, one for chat & other stuff.
  • Video Capture Device -- This is mostly for those who want to stream consoles.
  • Green Screen Kit -- Just to remove the room from your camera (to better focus on you)

You'll want to pick up & learn OBS, XSplit OR GameShow as well as set up your stream layout(s) as needed. As long as you have your game window, webcam window with minimal overlap (not covering up something important or interesting)... you should be OK on a bare-bones level. You can improve & evolve your layouts as you become more comfortable with things & how to handle / manage running everything needed.

There's probably more stuff you'll need to learn, but this should get you pointed in the right direction.
~TStodden
(Going Text based as Photobucket is being a jerk)
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 11 Nov 2016, 02:50

My two cents about respect: Respect has a lot of different meanings depending on who's giving it and receiving it. To me deserving respect means the absence of behavior which makes you no longer deserve it. Someone who jumps on stream for the first time without anyone knowing them should be treated with respect until they do something to prove themselves unworthy of it (repeatedly and knowingly violating rules). Children who have their personal belongings disrespected by parents will learn to disrespect other people's belongings. Some people don't give respect to anyone regardless of how hard the other has worked to try earn (abusive situations for one) and insist that they should be respected by everyone despite not showing anyone around them respect consistently. Less vague of a statement than "to get respect you have to earn it" is "you only get respect by giving it."
Image Image
Click here, receive tweet: http://twitter.com/DaniellePepinAI
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 11 Nov 2016, 08:54

It wasn't overkill Deedles, it was just long. I prefer long answers compared to short ones. Oda made a response, I saw what they said and what they implied and ask me; even though Oda decided not to address by name for some reason. It's not not hard to work out who they were refering to. Just say my name next time, it uses less time typing. I ellaborated and broke down what they said compared to what I did and responded at length.

Fayili. It is only appears aggressive because I confronted what Oda said, and implied wrongly about a single sentence. As I said, text does not have the nuiances of a real conversation. An assumption was made and through the context of the words used by Oda, it did not line up for what I said. That required a response of a reply. When does sincere become nay-saying or negative? As their first post here it didn't come off as particularly nice and I just responded bluntly but evenly. The only aggressive thing I said was the inference that Oda does not know what a bully is.
It's also not my fault Oda decided chose to be petty and not address me by name with an accusation of being negative. Unnecessarily passive-aggressive showing a lack of character on their behalf (No attempt at saying my character is perfect). I responded fairly.

Camel. It's just a slight warning to be careful. Going to a place to be safe, is a good thing you need to be mindful of what goes on in there. It is easy for such a thing to develip into an echo chamber, where some people hear the same thing over and over again and their mind will develop a resistance to leave. Why should they leave and in the end possibly will not be able to confront what is happening.
A brain is a great self-healer but also fragile. It can go overboard with thought and bring about negative reinforcement, which is not intended at the start when trying to deal with the reality of a situation. Someone, unfortunately, may prefer to stay where they are and not learn or get better. Best example I can think of write now: Look at how conspiracy theories start (not saying yours is one). People have an idea, get together, exchange the same ideas repeatedly until they believe it as true. Their's is more of a dellusion.
angryoptimist
First Video: The first I *remember* is Checkpoint.

Postby angryoptimist » 11 Nov 2016, 11:12

I will admit I didn't completely understand safe spaces until the stream shelter.

Generally, I wouldn't belong to a group that'd use one, and I'd be concerned about being unwelcome. But, without going into too much detail, I am poor. To be blunt, I was afraid the medical safety net I now depend on (and which we're lucky expanded when it did) was going to disappear and my mom and I were going to die. Frankly, I'm prone to panic for much smaller things than that. I'm sure you can imagine how I felt. A shelter sounded like just the thing. So I visited.

I can say it's not an echo chamber. More like a hangout space. Light conversation, light thoughts, warm feelings. Pleasant, like a blanket on a cold day. A balm for fears and nervous thoughts. A place to leave behind what is troubling.

I visited, stayed, and experienced that. And, just like that, I understood. Now, my fears haven't disappeared, exactly--but I feel a lot better. Well enough, perhaps, that I don't strictly need to go back to the stream shelter--but I will, anyway. I like to imagine my chatter is pleasant enough--and I would like everyone else to feel a lot better, too.

That, it seems, is the point of safe spaces. I'd have to say anyone using one for rabble rousing or echo chamber-ing is doing it wrong, and probably reducing the efficacy of the thing besides.

I can't imagine you think too poorly of this community, Elomin Sha. Have faith that it won't do the wrong thing with the stream shelter.
ReilaOda

Postby ReilaOda » 11 Nov 2016, 12:00

Elomin Sha wrote:It's also not my fault Oda decided chose to be petty and not address me by name with an accusation of being negative. Unnecessarily passive-aggressive showing a lack of character on their behalf (No attempt at saying my character is perfect). I responded fairly.

Correction. I didn't want to name call and point fingers. When I said bulldozer it's a term of endearment. It means you power through your poblems and don't let them get you down. That's a good thing. Your accusation of it being passive aggressive implies that I meant it harmfully. Showing a lack of character is again the wrong turn of phrase. It isn't your fault I chose to bristle at an accusation, as it isn't my fault that you chose to bristle at my comment. It's a misunderstanding.
ReilaOda

Postby ReilaOda » 11 Nov 2016, 12:00

Elomin Sha wrote:It's also not my fault Oda decided chose to be petty and not address me by name with an accusation of being negative. Unnecessarily passive-aggressive showing a lack of character on their behalf (No attempt at saying my character is perfect). I responded fairly.

Correction. I didn't want to name call and point fingers. When I said bulldozer it's a term of endearment. It means you power through your poblems and don't let them get you down. That's a good thing. Your accusation of it being passive aggressive implies that I meant it harmfully. Showing a lack of character is again the wrong turn of phrase. It isn't your fault I chose to bristle at an accusation, as it isn't my fault that you chose to bristle at my comment. It's a misunderstanding.
empath
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby empath » 11 Nov 2016, 12:03

Okay, let's put it like this:

The "Stream Shelter" is the local. It's the gym where you go to have a post-workday exercise. It's the quiet nook where you snuggle under a blanket and sip a cuppa.

It is a place for some people to go where they can sort out everything they're dealing with. For a while. And then 'get back into the game'.

And it's a place for ANYONE to come to for a break; ANY political stance. The Stream Shelter is a politics-free zone - we don't know if you voted for Trump or Clinton, to stay or to leave, and we don't care. It won't become an echo chamber because politics aren't being brought up there.

It's a place to those who DO need this sort of 'mental recovery'.

And, as Gary Portnoy can tell you, places to 'get away from it all' have been around for quite a long time.

Return to “General Discussion”