Open letter to the Desert Bus crew

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Aeralis
First Video: enn: Nerd Flu

Open letter to the Desert Bus crew

Postby Aeralis » 19 Nov 2016, 15:59

With Desert Bus X coming to a close I felt a need to write this short(?) letter to express my thoughts and gratitude on Desert Bus on the whole.

Having watched Desert Bus grow from its early years as an event of a few days loosely lashed together with scavenged equipment, it's easy to continue thinking of it as just one of the things LRR+Friends do every year. The early days were more or less run in the Crew's own space with equipment borrowed from their own homes and really felt like just a days-long sketch for a good cause.

But upon reflecting on DBX the current state of Desert Bus really began to hit me. This is no longer just some friends goofing off in their basement to help charity. Desert Bus has become this actual huge event, with a budget and a year of planning and organizing and news coverage. Immense amounts of personal sacrifice are poured into the event and unimaginable amounts of funds are expended to make the broadcast as refined and grand as it can be. And it's all done purely for the benefit of charity.

Seeing such a HUGE event as DBX happen for no other reason than the goodness and love in the hearts of all involved is truly an amazing thing to think about. So I just wanted to say to the LRR Crew, Engineering, the volunteers, the guests+call-ins, all the friends and family that helped support everyone as they worked on Desert Bus, and everyone else I'm failing to mention right now... Thank you. Thank you so, so much for making Desert Bus for Hope the absolute best it can be, and for making such a good thing exist in the world. The staggering amount of yourselves you put into the event is not unnoticed and will forever be appreciated.
Darkflame
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Re: Open letter to the Desert Bus crew

Postby Darkflame » 19 Nov 2016, 16:06

The work put into it, the creativity and energy, and of course the funds raised.
Like it says on the tin, its for Hope, and it does exactly that. It gives hope, regardless even of the charity itself - the fact people do this is wonderful.
http://www.fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
--
Last update; Mice,Plumbers,Animatronics and Airbenders. We also have the socials; Facebook & G+. Give us a like if you can, it all helps.

Return to “General Discussion”