The Rumble.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

The Rumble.

Postby Gap Filler » 30 Jan 2017, 12:44

Normally very anti thpoilerth but still currently less than twenty fours hours out the usual warnings in force next day or two sounds about fair. Now, lot to cover starting with Saturday.

Young Dillinger makes more sense in light of following night's events, assuming that's a full call up.

Be good to hear second opinions but Cross, Kay and Royce acquitted themselves pretty well; guessing this is the NXT Women's title picture for now. Re Asuka's main roster jump guessing they're kicking that can down the road a while yet since the others are all heels.

Wouldn't have bought anyway but figures odds on Nakamura's call up shortened considerably after the Roode match.
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
Gap Filler

Re: The Rumble.

Postby Gap Filler » 30 Jan 2017, 12:45

They're really making a go of Naomi by looks since fantasy booking guesstimation she'll be feuding Bliss for the title till Becky and Mickie James are done. And the Nikki Nattie saga rolls on. Guessing these threads are being carried through to Wrestlemania.

Also being carried on to WM would be Sasha Nia Jax and Charlotte Bayley based on last nacht.

Given later events the Seamus Cesaro team is looking done although whether another feud would carry like last year's is in the air. Not confident personally. Meantime, Ganderson are finally holding the tag belts meaning (more fantasy booking) they'll be going forward against New Day or Enzo & Cass. The latter would be nice as a title scrap (not even a run, just a challenge) would do wonders for the battering they took from Creative turn of the year (not least Enzo's showing being up there with Tazz in the 2001 Rumble).

Dunno whether to plum for Reigns Strowman or Reigns Taker for WM; both seem kind of bitter melon. And Reigns is definitely the heel either way regardless what Vince wants. Be interesting seeing who Owens defends against WM. Wild guess Rollins with his Triple H beef pushed back (yes even with the TakeOver takeover). Don't see BFF breakup just yet.
Gap Filler

Postby Gap Filler » 30 Jan 2017, 12:48

Bit disappointed no Samoa Joe. And, no, getting a Samoan named Joe doesn't count. Weirdly more disappointed no Zach Ryder to go with Mojo Rawley. What the Hell? Still, Tye Dillinger instead is settleable. At ten too is literal perfect. Listen to those chants man crowd was HYPE.

Gonna need a rundown on Jack Gallagher having not caught 205. Seems like a character though the brolly's a bit Moppy.

Entertaining as Carmella's been with Ellsworth lol of the night has to goto Ambrose feeding him to Strowman. Laughed like a drain as Strowman sent Ellsworth for six.

Man, Rusev's face looked brutal. Shades of Taker's Andrew Lloyd Webber phase there.

Anyone else questioning Taker's paunch?

Serious squeaky bum time there at thirty. Jesus the boos. The 'this is bullshit' chants. Especially when he dropped Taker. Honestly thought people would bumrush the ring. And the cheers when Orton sent him packing hurrgh. The sWs on that moment'll be a gas and a half.

Much as you'd have gotten good odds on Randy you'd have gotten better on others but for now it'll do. One hand, interesting to see what this does to the current Wyatt storyline. Actually wild guess fingered Bray coming out top dog going in (on paper really good Rumble lineup due to lack of obvs winner) so seeing him making second last over the top very pleasant showing.

On the other hand, Cena Orton WM main event anyone? /kappa Two words that'll instant deflate any room guaranteed. Do you know they've only main evented Wrestlemania once nigh ten years ago and Triple H played Harry Lime that time? And still the memories, the interminable memories, linger. Even assuming Styles and the Wyatts are in the picture (they better be for credibility sakes) a question mark's hanging over this one.
Last edited by Gap Filler on 30 Jan 2017, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.
Gap Filler

Postby Gap Filler » 30 Jan 2017, 12:53

Knew forgotten something. Jericho Jericho Jericho. Yes they kept bigging him up but this year's unsung hero even moreso than last year. A full hour in the ring people. This man is at the older end of the spectrum (older than Goldberg dntyrknw) and still he puts the time in. This man is a Worker.

They should upgrade him to the title picture (US belt in hand).
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 30 Jan 2017, 14:23

We have a pro wrestling thread.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
GlorySeer

Postby GlorySeer » 31 Jan 2017, 20:03

Gap Filler wrote:Knew forgotten something. Jericho Jericho Jericho. Yes they kept bigging him up but this year's unsung hero even moreso than last year. A full hour in the ring people. This man is at the older end of the spectrum (older than Goldberg dntyrknw) and still he puts the time in. This man is a Worker.

They should upgrade him to the title picture (US belt in hand).

While I agree that Jericho was one of the best parts of the night, I feel like saying he was in the ring for a full hour is like saying Roman Reigns was last year. He spent a lot of time out of the ring. Even when there was only one person in the ring, he was still in the match and not a target.

Beyond that mention, I'll post the rest of my thoughts on the Pro Wrestling thread. I have thoughts.

Return to “General Discussion”