Officially Forgotten?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Re: Officially Forgotten?

Postby Genghis Ares » 22 May 2018, 12:00

That's why I mostly stayed in the Gaming subforums.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 23 May 2018, 22:23

Good to see ya, Wraith.

Regarding the final issue, I don't think that the topic was the reason for the timeout. (I honestly don't remember what it was, to be honest.) I don't even think I agreed with the timeout at the time. However, I think you were going a little over the top, and I remember being on your side of the argument. I would've said something to you and would've agreed that something be done. The main issue was the timing. This conflagration was occurring during Desert Bus. So it was a bit of "all hands on deck" to deal with the marathon, and resources were thin here. The timeout was less of "we don't want this discussion" and more of "You're not agreeing to delay this until after Desert Bus is over."

But, in any case, I like seeing you here and on FaceBook, because I feel less alone. :-)
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 26 May 2018, 13:27

So wait..."the timing" being Desert Bus was enough to get me a ban for presenting the other side of an issue...

On a forum where the timing of memorial day, when people were grieving the death of loved ones - in one case a death that had only happened a MONTH ago - and someone came in and used it as a soap box to talk shit about those dead soldiers because of their involvement in Iraq. The man came in here, and shat on RECENTLY KILLED SOLDIERS in front of their grieving loved ones.

No ban.

But I upset a bunch of people being over-dramatic by telling them that they're stronger than they think they are and they really don't have to be so afraid...

And I get a ban because desert bus.

That. Is. Fucked.
-Wraith
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 28 May 2018, 00:11

As I said, I don't believe I agreed with the timeout, either. And I also have no clue what you're referring to regarding the Memorial Day incident. Perhaps it occurred before I arrived.

And it's been 8 years since I arrived. The forum's changed in those 8 years alone, and probably moreso since you got here 12 years ago. Has it changed for the better? Worse? Just different? I don't know. But LRR has changed, the forum has changed, everything in the world has changed in the past few years. "Adapt or die" is the phrase, though "die" is not really applicable here.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Dutch guy
First Video: History of Halo

Postby Dutch guy » 29 May 2018, 23:08

It sometimes feels like the ability to discuss things has died on the Internet. It used to be perfectly possible to have a disagreement on a forum, but nowadays it seems like even if the original parties don't go to either extreme of the argument some outside numbnut will bug in and blow things out of all proportion. Things just escalate from there.
THE DUTCH!! THE DUTCH AGAIN!!!!!
Elomin Sha wrote:Dutch guy is the King of the Dutch.
Danielle Pepin

Postby Danielle Pepin » 30 May 2018, 10:04

Has the board been eaten up by spam festering for months yet? It won't be dead until it's obviously got more bots than people on it and even then it can be revived at any point. Discord doesn't hold conversation threads in a useful way to me so will never be the replacement of forums. Twitter is where most of the random jerks drop their shit opinions with being complicated to report violations and more opposite minded people seeing posts than would ever happen here. Twitch does take up a HUGE amount of time so we think of forums less but there's definitely still a need. It's serving the purpose that is the gap those other services fail to fill. A sense of what you've said being archived in a place where you can easily bookmark it and return to it later even 5 years after being away and it's still in that same spot. (Not that I've searched through "dead" threads that don't get bumped into the first 3 pages of the forum unless something wasn't talked about for years. lol...Just think if we tried to keep every single thread on here alive....We'd have a lot of meaningless bumps to sift through.)
Image Image
Click here, receive tweet: http://twitter.com/DaniellePepinAI
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 12 Jun 2018, 04:35

AdmiralMemo wrote:As I said, I don't believe I agreed with the timeout, either. And I also have no clue what you're referring to regarding the Memorial Day incident. Perhaps it occurred before I arrived.

You were here. Wiggins just did thread cleanup and removed everything from both sides of the issue that didn't revolve around actual morning. I think if you search for the memorial day thread you can still find his post mentioning that he did so.
-Wraith

Return to “General Discussion”