First Missed Whatever Thing?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go

Do you think they'll miss the update?

Hells, yes, those guys are slackers!
14%
No, I have faith in them!
34%
What?
7%
I am a fish!
45%

Total votes: 29
Dana

First Missed Whatever Thing?

Postby Dana » 20 Nov 2006, 20:34

Well, I know that a bunch of people in LRR have Wiis now...so what do we want to bet that there is going to be no Whatever thing today? It's 8:32 pm where I am...which leaves three hours and 28 minutes left to today...
"I swear it," said the other mother. "I swear it on my own mother's grave."

"Does she have a grave?" asked Coraline.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 20 Nov 2006, 20:48

shhhhhhhhhh
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 20 Nov 2006, 20:59

I hope whoever chose the last option wrote it four hundred times, did a funny little dance, and fainted.

Also, even though it is 11:58 PM where I am, I have confidence that a new TWT will be waiting for me in the morning.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 20 Nov 2006, 21:29

They just wrote "I am a fish" four hundred times, did a funny little dance and fainted instead of doing the Whatever Thing.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 20 Nov 2006, 21:32

Lord Chrusher wrote:They just wrote "I am a fish" four hundred times, did a funny little dance and fainted instead of doing the Whatever Thing.

Possibly they completed TWT, but the stress made them sweat, and all the writing smeared.

(Also, I think I will start abbreviating it WT, since TWT looks too much like something Browning would use in a poem.)
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
'"
Lord Chrusher

Postby Lord Chrusher » 20 Nov 2006, 21:34

Melendwyr wrote:
Lord Chrusher wrote:They just wrote "I am a fish" four hundred times, did a funny little dance and fainted instead of doing the Whatever Thing.

Possibly they completed TWT, but the stress made them sweat, and all the writing smeared.

lol
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 20 Nov 2006, 21:37

Well, it could be worse. They could wake up tomorrow morning to find they're dead, composed entirely of light, and stuck keeping a zed-shifter sane six million years into deep space.
'"
Lord Chrusher

Postby Lord Chrusher » 20 Nov 2006, 21:45

Or wake up and find that they have been spending the last few years in an total immersion video that they have smegged up and then try to kill them selves. Only to learn that it has all been brought on by hallucinogenic squid ink.
Kate!

Postby Kate! » 20 Nov 2006, 21:48

I just talked to G, because someone I know was curious, so I may as well tell you all.

They're really quite busy at the moment, attempting to get other things done. At this point, it may be up tonight, but most likely tomorrow.

Remember: When they started The Whatever Thing, they made no promises to update every Monday on time.
Kate!

Postby Kate! » 20 Nov 2006, 21:49

Also, They've totally been Wii...ing.
Dana

Postby Dana » 20 Nov 2006, 21:49

Heh...the professors in the computer science department have seen "I am a fish" on finals so often that they will automatically fail anyone who writes it on a test. Desa Polajnar actually thinks that we think she is a fish (she's from Yugoslavia, and doesn't get the joke).

Man, I need to watch me some more Red Dwarf.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 20 Nov 2006, 22:38

Move to Vancouver. I have the first four seasons on DVD.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
Dana

Postby Dana » 20 Nov 2006, 23:29

I know. But rents are cheaper here, and I have a shit-ton of student loans. :?

The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 20 Nov 2006, 23:57

Victoria has more... awesome. You should come here and bring your British television shows with you.

Also, I still haven't played this Wii thing. I take it that it is as fun as people are saying?
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 21 Nov 2006, 00:00

Squiddy wrote:Remember: When they started The Whatever Thing, they made no promises to update every Monday on time.
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 21 Nov 2006, 07:29

red dwarf... god I love that show
barnaby36

Postby barnaby36 » 21 Nov 2006, 16:01

I'm freaking reloading the website every dozen minutes. I can't write in these conditions.

LRR, if you want me to finish my book on time, you had better update soon!

In other news, my brother and I agree that the WT is just about the coolest thing on this site. I love the style.

In yet further news, I'm jealous that I don't have a Wii and fully forgive you for wasting your time on it instead of feeding the hungry fans. After all, you do it with love and for free.

A devoted audience,
Ben
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 21 Nov 2006, 16:03

The free part is the real key. I can tell that it will be several hours yet. Possibly not even within reasonable time tonight.

Work and social schedules are conspiring against us, sorry.
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 21 Nov 2006, 16:08

I think that in general we're pretty grateful for the humor you provide, for free, requiring a significant fraction of your free time and energy. (Also, we want to give money in ways other than buying your DVDs and occasionally clicking on ads. Please look into how this can be arranged.)

Having our gleeful anticipation crushed is hard, but we'll find a way to survive somehow.
'"
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 21 Nov 2006, 16:19

The Hitman wrote:Victoria has more... awesome. You should come here and bring your British television shows with you.

Also, I still haven't played this Wii thing. I take it that it is as fun as people are saying?

It's pretty fun. Almost as fun as watching all my British DVDs!
'Allo 'Allo anyone?
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 21 Nov 2006, 17:04

Damn! No WT. Sorta glad it wasn't yesterday though since I couldn't see it, and I didn't want to read a page of Forum posts today :P
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Dana

Postby Dana » 21 Nov 2006, 18:32

Graham wrote:The free part is the real key. I can tell that it will be several hours yet. Possibly not even within reasonable time tonight.

By "social schedules" I am sure you mean "video games". And by "video games" you mean "the Wii rocks your hairy anus".

Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 21 Nov 2006, 20:24

i haven't actually played any significant amount of wii other than sunday. i just work full time and am a douchebag.

SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 21 Nov 2006, 22:14

you keep mention that show kath, I need to check it out.. and the Wii... is god, I have been enjoying Zelda, but you know what I have been playing more? Call of Duty 3, getting used to the controls takes time, but holy crap when you get it, so much better than on a normal contoller
Kate!

Postby Kate! » 21 Nov 2006, 23:19

Dana wrote:
Graham wrote:The free part is the real key. I can tell that it will be several hours yet. Possibly not even within reasonable time tonight.

By "social schedules" I am sure you mean "video games". And by "video games" you mean "the Wii rocks your hairy anus".

I think he means video games, and cousins of ours here from New York, [actually from South Africa] whom we haven't seen in 11 years.

Return to “General Discussion”