Crapshot 538

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
VileTerror
First Video: Daily Drop
Location: n. 1 a place where something is located. 2 the action of location. - DERIVATIVES locational adj.

Crapshot 538

Postby VileTerror » 08 May 2018, 14:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f25JnIom98

I kind of agree with Niclas Karlsson. That Crapshot made me feel bad; as if being told by the LRR cast that my desire to see Feed Dump return makes me some subhuman pile of crap. I am going to choose to doubt that it was the intention of the skit, but that doesn't really change the negative visceral response the video gave me.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Re: Crapshot 538

Postby AdmiralMemo » 15 May 2018, 22:19

I want Feed Dump back for the nostalgia... but I like the Panalysts.

Well, I like it except for the intro/outro. Those give me some sort of weird visceral reaction that I don't like and I don't know why. It's bad, and I can't explain it. :-(
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

VileTerror
First Video: Daily Drop
Location: n. 1 a place where something is located. 2 the action of location. - DERIVATIVES locational adj.

Feed Our Need for Dump

Postby VileTerror » 16 May 2018, 19:12

I think the Panalysts is good, and it's definitely a great outlet for Kathleen. Even though she doesn't speak as much as the Panalysts themselves, her whimsy and arbitration bring just enough to the series to elevate it to comedy. I kind of feel if she had been hosting the Panalysts all this time instead of Feed Dump, we'd probably still have Feed Dump and a happier Kathleen too. Just a wild guess, mind, and a biased one I shall admit. I honestly found her to be the least enjoyable Feed Dump host. She was just too high energy for what felt like a great role to play up the dry, blunt humour which Graham, Cameron, and Ian delivered so well while they were hosting.
mutant_pie
First Video: Check Point

Postby mutant_pie » 20 May 2018, 09:05

AdmiralMemo wrote:I want Feed Dump back for the nostalgia... but I like the Panalysts.

Well, I like it except for the intro/outro. Those give me some sort of weird visceral reaction that I don't like and I don't know why. It's bad, and I can't explain it. :-(

*SPOILER*
Well besides the graphic design, the modification to have subtle fine stuttering vibrations is meant to simulate motion picture film stuttering in it's projector or transfer-to-broadcast video device (read as "the feel of old school"). However if you look at the end credits with the main logo and the "Bionic Trousers" CR above it, the two graphics are moving in the their stutter in different directions simultaneously than one another. This gives away the fact that it isn't film, but a poor uncoordinated computer effect. The LRR crew can synch them, leave the error in place as a joke, ignore it, or go meta and make video-errors-on-shows-as-conspiracies a point of discussion on the show.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 20 May 2018, 12:52

It's not just the visuals. The audio is part of it as well.

I just went and did some tests.

Intro muted so I just see the video: Fine.
Outro muted so I just see the video: Mildly unsettling.
Intro with me turned around so I only hear audio: Mildly unsettling.
Outro with me turned around so I only hear audio: So fine, I started dancing a bit.

After that, I tried the Intro and Outro again:

Intro: Still get a reaction.
Outro: Still get a reaction.

I think I've figured it out for the Outro at least. The jittering of one of section of the graphics is in sync with the music, while the other isn't. That might be what's messing my brain up a bit. :(
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Return to “General Discussion”