Transformers the TRAILER

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
SamsonWest

Transformers the TRAILER

Postby SamsonWest » 20 Dec 2006, 08:22

http://video.vividas.com/CDN1/5029_paramount/en/web/

you know, they just look prettier in the moving pictures than in the stills
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 20 Dec 2006, 10:36

:o
CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
Captain_Anarchy
FOOLED YOU!!!

Postby Captain_Anarchy » 20 Dec 2006, 10:53

WHY MICHAEL WHY!

Obviously I'm seeing this movie opening day BUT, they still look like ass. Michael Bay better pull out something amazing or I'm going to be pissed.

Also the contest to make Optimus say something in the movie sucked. Both "You're the man now dog" and "do a barrel roll" got cut. The winning one is so bad. "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings".

At least I won't be expecting much when it sucks.
My hand to God. Baby geese. Goslings. They were juggled.
-Wash
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 20 Dec 2006, 10:57

Captain_Anarchy wrote:Michael Bay better pull out something amazing

Like a better director?
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 20 Dec 2006, 10:59

I still want to see this movie very badly.
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 20 Dec 2006, 11:43

only what? 6 more months?

*tear*
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 20 Dec 2006, 12:39

Well, it looks as though this may suck badly...But at least I've still got a huge boxset of all the classic transformers stuff to go through. (My brothers friend left it here since he doesn't have a DVD player anymore.)
Ridiculous Breakfast

Postby Ridiculous Breakfast » 20 Dec 2006, 17:07

Captain_Anarchy wrote:WHY MICHAEL WHY!

Obviously I'm seeing this movie opening day BUT, they still look like ass. Michael Bay better pull out something amazing or I'm going to be pissed.

Also the contest to make Optimus say something in the movie sucked. Both "You're the man now dog" and "do a barrel roll" got cut. The winning one is so bad. "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings".

At least I won't be expecting much when it sucks.

BUT DO A BARREL ROLL HAD THE MOST VOTES WHAT THE F***

And these pretzels are making me thirsty was a close third. I can't remember what the second one was but it certainly wasn't that. That contest was rigged.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 20 Dec 2006, 17:16

point of note,

"do a barrell roll"
"you're the man now dog"
and
"these pretzels are making me thirsty" wouldn't have helped the quality of the film.

cheesy as it is, the line they picked DOES sound like optimus prime, and that's a GOOD thing.

furthermore, the contest wasn't rigged at all. it clearly stated in the rules that they reserved the right to disqulify questionable entries if they were given an undue number of votes, and they did exactly that. also, people were voting for the best 5, not the best single line, so that the production team could look at the top 5 entries and pick the one they thought could be written in most naturally.

that aside, I'll guarantee you that at some point optimus is going to say (or at the very least allude to) the "autobots, transform and roll out" line, which wasn't selected as the winner, but probably because it had already been scripted into the film before the contest even started.

in other news: I have to say I'm less terrified by the direction ths film is taking now that I've seen shit in motion. scorpinok still looks like ass, but I like the way the robots transform, and the movie definitely looks to have the right scope. it's not G1, but it looks like it might at least be an entertaining and well produced take on the transfomers universe.

-m

I am not angry at you.
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 20 Dec 2006, 18:48

Actually, I think 'Do a barrel roll' could have easily been worked into the film. The others? Maybe not so much.

The point stands, however, that the only thing worse than letting Michael Bay direct your movie is letting a bunch of intertards write your dialog.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 20 Dec 2006, 19:50

The Hitman wrote:Actually, I think 'Do a barrel roll' could have easily been worked into the film. The others? Maybe not so much.

except that there aren't any autobots that can fly. he would have had to have been directing either a human pilot or a decepticon.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 20 Dec 2006, 20:16

i've been trying to watch this all day. i've had hours to prepare. i knew what i was getting into. and i still popped so hard that i tore a hole in my pants.
Dana

Postby Dana » 20 Dec 2006, 20:46

Thanks for that image, dinkface, now I have to go bleach my brain. >_<
"I swear it," said the other mother. "I swear it on my own mother's grave."

"Does she have a grave?" asked Coraline.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 20 Dec 2006, 21:17

See, I've never been a Transformers person. Never watched the cartoon(I was He-Man & Thundercats person)

That being said... this movie looks pretty cool to me. I have no problem with the redesigns... they look more alien to me which is good. I never really liked their original designs.
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 20 Dec 2006, 21:21

Matt wrote:except that there aren't any autobots that can fly. he would have had to have been directing either a human pilot or a decepticon.

God forbid they include a flying autobot -- it simply wouldn't be canon!

(You can imagine all of that exclaimed in a poofy French accent)
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 20 Dec 2006, 21:21

I really do like Bay for the most part, he does his job well, and thats making big blockbuster movies. sure hes stumbled a few times but every director has at some point. The Rock, Bad Boys 2 both killer films, sure maybe bad boys dind't have some really deep plot, but thats not the point, just have to sit back and look how fucking pretty that man can make a movie
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 20 Dec 2006, 21:25

SamsonWest wrote:I... like Bay...

This is why we can't have nice things.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 20 Dec 2006, 21:52

The Hitman wrote:
Matt wrote:except that there aren't any autobots that can fly. he would have had to have been directing either a human pilot or a decepticon.

God forbid they include a flying autobot -- it simply wouldn't be canon!

(You can imagine all of that exclaimed in a poofy French accent)

nono, I meant, by the time they had decided on the line they had already confirmed all the autobots in the film and the kind of vehicle they transformed into. it has nothing to do with being cannon, there are LOADS of autobots that become planes in the TV show. they just didn't have one in the film to work with.

-m

I am not angry at you.
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 20 Dec 2006, 22:01

Couldn't they have just added them in post?

You know, like they did with Sam Neil in Jurassic Park, because he refused to be in the movie before he'd actually seen it?
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 20 Dec 2006, 22:01

Little known fact.
Captain_Anarchy
FOOLED YOU!!!

Postby Captain_Anarchy » 20 Dec 2006, 22:14

I agree that it's probably for the best interests of the movie for them to not include those lines but I think you could make it work.

Okay so say spike or someone somehow saves optimus from being hit by rocket. There is a big explosion, everyones fine, then Optimus turns around and says " You're the man now dog!". Come on! That could totally work.

-Wash
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 20 Dec 2006, 22:48

Captain_Anarchy wrote:I agree that it's probably for the best interests of the movie for them to not include those lines but I think you could make it work.

Okay so say spike or someone somehow saves optimus from being hit by rocket. There is a big explosion, everyones fine, then Optimus turns around and says " You're the man now dog!". Come on! That could totally work.

and would be totally retarded.

-m

I am not angry at you.
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 20 Dec 2006, 22:54

I'm torn.

On one hand, not including the retarded dialogue angers the intertards. On the other hand, including the retarded dialogue angers people who actually care about the movie.

Whom would I rather see offended?
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 20 Dec 2006, 23:36

I thought "I'm the juggernaut bitch" in X3 was really lame
Captain_Anarchy
FOOLED YOU!!!

Postby Captain_Anarchy » 21 Dec 2006, 00:03

Matt wrote:
and would be totally retarded.

-m

Yeah probably.... It's inevitable, I'm going to be disappointed by this movie no matter what. All I want to see is bad ass CGI Megatron transform into a gun, then I'd be happy.

-Wash

Return to “General Discussion”