WoW.

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go

WoW?

Poll ended at 02 Feb 2007, 18:53

Yes!
35%
No!
60%
What's WoW?
5%

Total votes: 43
NecroVale
Card-Carrying Cool Person
First Video: Door to Door

Postby NecroVale » 28 Jan 2007, 22:22

I almost forgot, Jester. My name is Kiften.
Number09
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Number09 » 28 Jan 2007, 23:01

Kawaiicaps wrote:I have a sad story.....

This guy and his gf are friends of ours, often when we invite them out they will both come and he always leaves after an hour to go back to wow.
He leaves his GF at the party to go play wow at home.

Her birthday is coming up and he said it's cool to have a party for her but he will stay downstairs and play wow the whole time.... Her birthday by the way is on valentines day, so she wants to be with her man.

They have been together for about 5 years and I think wow is going to tear them apart. There seems nothing she can do so she just lets him play while we all go and have a good time

So so sad....

Don't let wow kill you!

-^_^-

The moral of the story is.... Play WoW with your significant other. :D
I got WoW for Christmas from my boyfriend.

(Also, he lives on the other side of the city from me so I only really get to see him once or twice a week because of school and work so WoW is a great way of "hanging out" during the week.)
NecroVale

Postby NecroVale » 28 Jan 2007, 23:04

Number09 wrote:
Kawaiicaps wrote:I have a sad story.....

This guy and his gf are friends of ours, often when we invite them out they will both come and he always leaves after an hour to go back to wow.
He leaves his GF at the party to go play wow at home.

Her birthday is coming up and he said it's cool to have a party for her but he will stay downstairs and play wow the whole time.... Her birthday by the way is on valentines day, so she wants to be with her man.

They have been together for about 5 years and I think wow is going to tear them apart. There seems nothing she can do so she just lets him play while we all go and have a good time

So so sad....

Don't let wow kill you!

-^_^-

The moral of the story is.... Play WoW with your significant other. :D
I got WoW for Christmas from my boyfriend.

(Also, he lives on the other side of the city from me so I only really get to see him once or twice a week because of school and work so WoW is a great way of "hanging out" during the week.)

Sounds like one of my friends. Except he and his girlfriend would have two computers next to each other when they played.
Number09
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Number09 » 28 Jan 2007, 23:09

When he brings his laptop over, we would have his laptop next to my desktop. XD
NecroVale

Postby NecroVale » 28 Jan 2007, 23:12

Number09 wrote:When he brings his laptop over, we would have his laptop next to my desktop. XD

"And they WoWed happily ever after..."

It couldn't be helped...
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 29 Jan 2007, 08:35

If a boyfriend tried to do that to me, I would punch them.

Though if they offered to play Super Monkey Ball, I would be all over that.
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 29 Jan 2007, 16:30

Thanks Necro :) I think I actually have like a level 10 mage on Zuluhed; I don't feel like getting my shammy to 60 today (its 59 now :D) so I'll play with you if you feel like it.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
NecroVale

Postby NecroVale » 29 Jan 2007, 18:06

what's your char's name?
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 29 Jan 2007, 18:46

Nouda
But I can't play tonight, I'm gonna eat dinner then do an instance on my shaman xD
glocktgu

Postby glocktgu » 31 Jan 2007, 21:58

browncoat wrote:You sure can manage playing that game and don't lose your life.
But I know too many people who can't.

I know it's strange, but apparently WoW is a kind of drug, probably on the same level of addictivness (?) as cigarettes (some people manage to smoke seldom, but most soon begin smoking often) but you can't keep up your social life while playing (in contrast to smoking).

Yes because wow puts stuff in your body that makes u crave more of it right? its all about self contorl :shock: done and done

and yes i vote wow a great game and im getting my moneys worth but i alway play it when i have nothing else to do.

i have had this game for a while
68 human warrior, name: Balton - Kalecgos
60 undead priest, name: Underhanded - Dunemaul

-Drew
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 31 Jan 2007, 22:04

glocktgu wrote:Yes because wow puts stuff in your body that makes u crave more of it right? its all about self contorl

actually, it's been shown in clinical studies that games like warcrfat result in various abnormal neurotransmitter releases in the brain that can lead to dependency, making such games qualify for a classification as chemically addictive. they don't put addictive chemicals in your body, no, but they do lead your body to release addictive chemcials of it's own creation.

food for thought.

-m

I am not angry at you.
glocktgu

Postby glocktgu » 31 Jan 2007, 22:06

i guess plaing something none stop for hours on end could make your body starts needing to play but i just dont like it being sided up with something going in and harming your body :oops: i might have miss understood what was said /takesback :P

-Drew
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 31 Jan 2007, 22:17

I dinged 60 the other day on my shaman :D two days ago.

My first 60! Huzzah!
(My friend also has a level 60 undead priest on Dunemaul.......crazy.)
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 31 Jan 2007, 22:18

uhh, 60 isn't a benchmark anymore :p

-m

I am not angry at you.
glocktgu

Postby glocktgu » 31 Jan 2007, 23:12

haha yea...it still feels like it though
Patch

Postby Patch » 01 Feb 2007, 04:09

Matt wrote:
glocktgu wrote:Yes because wow puts stuff in your body that makes u crave more of it right? its all about self contorl

actually, it's been shown in clinical studies that games like warcrfat result in various abnormal neurotransmitter releases in the brain that can lead to dependency, making such games qualify for a classification as chemically addictive. they don't put addictive chemicals in your body, no, but they do lead your body to release addictive chemcials of it's own creation.

food for thought.

-m

Same as what they call "Adrenaline junkies". Some people have been officially classified as addicted to adrenaline, because of the hightened sensations it gives you. They don't inject themselves with anything, they just do what they do. Dangerous addictions don't have to have anything going into your body externally...
One Bot to rule them all,
And in the darkness lag them...
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 01 Feb 2007, 05:47

Matt wrote:

food for thought.

-m

Um... no.

There is a distinction between addiction (physiological dependency resulting from the body attempting to compensate for external chemical manipulation) and reinforcement, which occurs with any event we perceive as pleasureable, that you're failing to perceive.

Video games are not addicting, no more than sex, food, or other forms of entertainment are.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 01 Feb 2007, 10:54

We really have to draw the line on our definition of addiction at a point where the word still carries some kind of meaning. I understand the concept of hyperbole and all, but I think it's a little excessive to start claiming people are addicted to something just because they like doing it, and therefore keep doing it.

Otherwise, I'm just going to have to check myself into rehab for my serious addiction to being awesome.

It's a vicious cycle.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
Femme

Postby Femme » 01 Feb 2007, 10:56

JesterJ. wrote:YES!

The thing is, if you do it right, you can play WoW AND have a life! That's what I do.

oh ,you rebel!!!!! :lol:
"I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back"
Femme

Postby Femme » 01 Feb 2007, 10:57

Matt wrote:uhh, 60 isn't a benchmark anymore :p

-m

Got lvlservice ? :P
"I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back"
Brinson

Postby Brinson » 01 Feb 2007, 12:48

-m

Hahahahhaha. COMING FROM A GUY WHO TOOK A SCREENSHOT WHEN HE DINGS 60, AND POSTS IT ON THESE VERY FORUMS.
DontPanic

Postby DontPanic » 01 Feb 2007, 12:50

I, obviously, voted Yes.

If you don't know I'm a huge fan of Warcraft, then you must always glance over any post I make.

Although WoW is terribly addicting, if handled correctly, it can be a fun, inexpensive adventure.

I play right beside my boyfriend, and we both push each other to do quests, level, and get super magic items.

I have met tons of awesome people from around the globe, and am happy I get to chat with them on a regular basis.

We still go out to dinners, go to the gym, and play with the puppy, and continue to be hardcore players. Ive got over 100 days played, and Im neither fat, nor do I have diabetes from sugar intake.

It IS possible to be a normal person and play wow, but no one will believe it. :D
I am going to go watch a Image
Bill
LRR Crew

Postby Bill » 01 Feb 2007, 15:25

Jester and NecroVale I added you to my friends on Zuluhed my name is Kikuchiyo. I got a lvl 6 mage I'm lvling once i get my War to 70.

And....
Hahahahhaha. COMING FROM A GUY WHO TOOK A SCREENSHOT WHEN HE DINGS 60, AND POSTS IT ON THESE VERY FORUMS.

Super LoL
“Everything you believe is true in your personal view of reality, and I’m writing this from my personal view of reality, therefore, if you say something that differs from my view of reality, then, you’re wrong.”
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 01 Feb 2007, 15:37

Brinson wrote:

-m

that was back when it WAS a benchmark.

-m

I am not angry at you.
DontPanic

Postby DontPanic » 01 Feb 2007, 15:53

Matt, love the new avatar.
I am going to go watch a Image

Return to “General Discussion”