Angel?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Angel?

Postby emma » 28 Jan 2007, 21:17

Did anybody ever watch Angel? It is pretty much my all time favourite show. I own every season and I adore them. I haven't watched it in ages and I just decided to watch an episode.

SO GOOD.
Dana

Postby Dana » 28 Jan 2007, 21:19

I didn't like Angel as much as I liked Buffy, and neither of those shows held a candle to Firefly for awesomeness.

Josh Whedon can be a dick. I hated the way he would kill Buffy and Angel characters and then bring them back to life.

That said, I did enjoy those series.
"I swear it," said the other mother. "I swear it on my own mother's grave."

"Does she have a grave?" asked Coraline.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 28 Jan 2007, 21:25

Dana wrote:I didn't like Angel as much as I liked Buffy, and neither of those shows held a candle to Firefly for awesomeness.

Josh Whedon can be a dick. I hated the way he would kill Buffy and Angel characters and then bring them back to life.

That said, I did enjoy those series.

That is true, they didn't hold a candle to Firefly.
The only reason he killed Buffy and brought her back to life, though, was because the WB cancelled the series, so he killed her off (his initial plan) and then UPN was like "yo, dude, we want buffy!" and he had to come up with a way to bring her back.
He did it with Spike, too, but that was just pretty much awesome. Because he's Spike. I mean, COME ON.

I didn't like Buffy as much as Angel because I simply could not stand Buffy as a character. She was so god-damned annoying!

Dana

Postby Dana » 28 Jan 2007, 21:29

The first seasom of Buffy was pretty hilarious, as was the movie.
"I swear it," said the other mother. "I swear it on my own mother's grave."

"Does she have a grave?" asked Coraline.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 28 Jan 2007, 21:30

Dana wrote:The first seasom of Buffy was pretty hilarious, as was the movie.

Oh, the movie. Best thing ever. I loved their allusions to it during the show, like how they constantly mentioned Buffy burning down her old highschool's gym.

Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 28 Jan 2007, 21:31

I've wondered what would happen if each of Whedon's fans sent him $5.

The man's just too good for television.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 28 Jan 2007, 21:35

Melendwyr wrote:I've wondered what would happen if each of Whedon's fans sent him $5.

The man's just too good for television.

You know what would be better than his fans sending him $5?

A channel letting him make more Firefly. Or Angel (there was supposed to be a mini-series!), or something new and equally awesome.

Did anyone watch Wonderfalls? One of the producers from Angel worked on it, and it was hilariously awesome.
Or How I Met Your Mother - Alyson Hannigan is one of the main characters on it, and Alexis Denisof had a hilarious cameo, as well as Amy Acker AND Morena Baccarin.

Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 28 Jan 2007, 21:37

3mm4 wrote:A channel letting him make more Firefly. Or Angel (there was supposed to be a mini-series!), or something new and equally awesome.

Yes, but that's not going to happen. Whedon may be one of the people that finally gets episodic pay-to-own TV working - and once that happens, the old channels are dead.

What would you be willing to pay for a new episode of Buffy, or Angel, or Firefly?
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 28 Jan 2007, 21:39

Melendwyr wrote:
3mm4 wrote:A channel letting him make more Firefly. Or Angel (there was supposed to be a mini-series!), or something new and equally awesome.

Yes, but that's not going to happen. Whedon may be one of the people that finally gets episodic pay-to-own TV working - and once that happens, the old channels are dead.

What would you be willing to pay for a new episode of Buffy, or Angel, or Firefly?

Hmm. Probably about 5 bucks.

I see...

Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 28 Jan 2007, 21:56

Buffy and Angel ftw. Before my house got broken into I had all of the Buffy DVDs and a couple of Angel ones.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 28 Jan 2007, 21:59

I used to have a few seasons of Buffy but I gave them away because I never really watched them. In retrospect, it probably wasn't a good idea, but it made sense at the time. I was seriously tired of that show. A friend of mine was OBSESSED and would talk of nothing else, and I got tired of it really fast.

Also, Smile Time is the best episode of anything, ever.

Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 28 Jan 2007, 22:04

3mm4 wrote:Also, Smile Time is the best episode of anything, ever.

Agreed 100%.
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 28 Jan 2007, 22:11

I love Buffy ever so much. I own all the seasons. :)

Angel was good, but I havn't seen all the episodes yet.

However, ep. Hush and Once More With Feeling ftw!
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Sapphire Kokopelli

Postby Sapphire Kokopelli » 28 Jan 2007, 22:58

I own all the seasons of Buffy, and Season 5 of Angel
and we have 2 copys of Firefly and 5 copies of Serenity under my roof.

I can't wait till I get further into my make-up course so I can paint my friend up as Illyria and sculpt some face pieces for my Lorne look-a-like

YAY I love fans of Whedon!!!

(This is where I plug my Firefly based fan film www.intotheblack.ca)
~~~Miranda Rae~~~
(Also know as Sera York on www.intotheblack.ca )

Model for www.vancityangels.com
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 29 Jan 2007, 00:10

Mmmm stage FX how I love thee.

Whatever you do, do not put spirit gum near the eye! I will sacrafice my own for it, but dang, it hurts!

Love stage FX.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 29 Jan 2007, 00:58

Angel was, and still is, one of my favorite shows. I liked it SO much more than Buffy, mostly for the fact that she wasn't there. (I agree with 3mm4, Buffy was annoying as hell x3)

I liked Wesley the most. They really developed his character well, and it was really interesting to see the drastic changes in his behavior throughout the seasons. I loved when the relationship between he and Fred became more intimate (personally, I think they should've been together in the first place) and was brought to tears when it ended so tragically.

Sapphire Kokopelli wrote:I can't wait till I get further into my make-up course so I can paint my friend up as Illyria and sculpt some face pieces for my Lorne look-a-like

:shock: I want to see that!!!
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 29 Jan 2007, 06:42

Sapphire Kokopelli wrote:I own all the seasons of Buffy, and Season 5 of Angel
and we have 2 copys of Firefly and 5 copies of Serenity under my roof.

I can't wait till I get further into my make-up course so I can paint my friend up as Illyria and sculpt some face pieces for my Lorne look-a-like

YAY I love fans of Whedon!!!

(This is where I plug my Firefly based fan film www.intotheblack.ca)

OMG! That was you?
**grovels unconditionally**

I'm a big whedon fan and a major Browncoat... although not massive like a lot of you. I don't have that kind of dedication... which makes me sad :(
I have neither the friends who share the interest or the money to purchase the merchandise / parephenalia of anything i can relate cult status to.

Although i do have 2 seperate editions of Serenity.
And I have played the Serenity RPG... once.

AAAAAANNNDDDD I am responsible for massive threads on other forums concerning the Serenity/Firefly phenomenom. (See: OXM360 UK | XboxElite | ...Uh? The Pierski forums have vanished! :? )
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 29 Jan 2007, 06:44

3mm4 wrote:Or How I Met Your Mother - Alyson Hannigan is one of the main characters on it, and Alexis Denisof had a hilarious cameo, as well as Amy Acker AND Morena Baccarin.

When? I don't remember any of them appearing.
I DEMAND ANSWERS!!!
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 29 Jan 2007, 08:46

Dr Frankenjam wrote:
3mm4 wrote:Or How I Met Your Mother - Alyson Hannigan is one of the main characters on it, and Alexis Denisof had a hilarious cameo, as well as Amy Acker AND Morena Baccarin.

When? I don't remember any of them appearing.
I DEMAND ANSWERS!!!

On How I Met Your Mother?
Well, Alyson Hannigan plays Lilly. Alexis Denisof played Sandy, Robyn's cohost - she went out with him for a few episodes to make Ted jealous.
Morena Baccarin played a girl that Marshall went out with who had "the crazy eyes." Amy Acker was one of Barney's old flames who they called upon to teach them how to do a rain dance, since it was her area of study. It took me FOREVER to realize it was her, though. Same with Alexis Denisof, because I'm so used to him with a British accent. And he was so hilariously smarmy!

[quote=Sapphire Kokopelli]I can't wait till I get further into my make-up course so I can paint my friend up as Illyria and sculpt some face pieces for my Lorne look-a-like. [/quote]

Pictures. ASAP. That would be the most awesome thing ever.
Who knew little Amy Acker could look so EVIL?

Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 29 Jan 2007, 10:09

3mm4 wrote:On How I Met Your Mother?
Well, Alyson Hannigan plays Lilly.

Yeah knew that.
3mm4 wrote:Alexis Denisof played Sandy, Robyn's cohost - she went out with him for a few episodes to make Ted jealous.

Oh Yeah I remember him being in it now. When Ted finds that hawt caterer girl who is 'the one' but leaves for germany or somewhere.
3mm4 wrote:Morena Baccarin played a girl that Marshall went out with who had "the crazy eyes."

Don't remember that at all :?
3mm4 wrote:Amy Acker was one of Barney's old flames who they called upon to teach them how to do a rain dance, since it was her area of study. It took me FOREVER to realize it was her, though.

Or that.

3mm4 wrote:
Sapphire Kokopelli wrote:I can't wait till I get further into my make-up course so I can paint my friend up as Illyria and sculpt some face pieces for my Lorne look-a-like.

Pictures. ASAP. That would be the most awesome thing ever.
Who knew little Amy Acker could look so EVIL?

Amy Acker's great as Rachel Gibson's ex-friend/betrayer in Season 5 of ALIAS. She's all ninja and supa spy.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 29 Jan 2007, 10:15

Dr Frankenjam wrote:
3mm4 wrote:On How I Met Your Mother?
Well, Alyson Hannigan plays Lilly.

Yeah knew that.
3mm4 wrote:Alexis Denisof played Sandy, Robyn's cohost - she went out with him for a few episodes to make Ted jealous.

Oh Yeah I remember him being in it now. When Ted finds that hawt caterer girl who is 'the one' but leaves for germany or somewhere.
3mm4 wrote:Morena Baccarin played a girl that Marshall went out with who had "the crazy eyes."

Don't remember that at all :?
3mm4 wrote:Amy Acker was one of Barney's old flames who they called upon to teach them how to do a rain dance, since it was her area of study. It took me FOREVER to realize it was her, though.

Or that.

Nice quoting, Frankenjam! :P
If you don't remember the one with the "crazy eyes," download it! NOTHING HAPPENED IN THIS EPISODE AND SO THERE WAS NO REASON FOR ME TO SUMMARIZE IT
Last edited by emma on 29 Jan 2007, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 29 Jan 2007, 10:30

There was a second series? Oh right.
Maybe that hasn't arrived over here yet then.

In which case, you've just Spoilered and i must try hard to forget what you've said.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 29 Jan 2007, 10:48

I AM SO SORRY I WILL GO AND EDIT MY POST AND PRETEND IT NEVER HAPPENED

Also, I didn't really give TOO much away.

Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 29 Jan 2007, 11:24

3mm4 wrote:Nice quoting, Frankenjam! :P
If you don't remember the one with the "crazy eyes," download it! NOTHING HAPPENED IN THIS EPISODE AND SO THERE WAS NO REASON FOR ME TO SUMMARIZE IT

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”