Pan's Labyrinth

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
The Hitman

Pan's Labyrinth

Postby The Hitman » 07 Feb 2007, 22:19

Apparently this is playing in theaters now, and it has gotten some rave reviews.

Any of the LRR cast interested in going to see this at some point, perhaps tomorrow? I haven't seen any of you kids in ages.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
Dana

Postby Dana » 07 Feb 2007, 22:26

"Apparently it's gotten some rave reviews" he says. Try nominated for Oscars.

I am totally going to see it, but not in Victoria, as I expect it will be gone by the time I am there at the end of February.
"I swear it," said the other mother. "I swear it on my own mother's grave."

"Does she have a grave?" asked Coraline.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 07 Feb 2007, 22:28

So far, myself and Colonel Mustard are going, and I'm in some talks with Mike 'Mikey the Shiv' Shumlich and Dr. Payday.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
Dana

Postby Dana » 07 Feb 2007, 22:29

Sounds entertaining.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 07 Feb 2007, 22:30

I'm not cast, but I really want to see that movie. I'm not free tomorrow anyways, so pretend that your invitation was extended to me so I can feel loved.
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 07 Feb 2007, 22:31

Dana wrote:"Apparently it's gotten some rave reviews" he says. Try nominated for Oscars.

I am totally going to see it, but not in Victoria, as I expect it will be gone by the time I am there at the end of February.

I can only react to that with thoughtfulness and some measure of skepticism.

But, yeah, I don't think it will be long for theaters. They need to get rid of worthwhile movies to make room for "Man Getting Hit in Groin with Football II: Groin Harder."
Dana

Postby Dana » 07 Feb 2007, 22:32

You should feel loved because we tried to get you to come see Muse with us.

The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 07 Feb 2007, 22:32

Dana wrote:Sounds entertaining.

I refuse to call people by their real names anymore... not when nicknames offer such a plethora of entertainment possibilities.
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 07 Feb 2007, 22:34

Dana wrote:You should feel loved because we tried to get you to come see Muse with us.

I do feel loved! <3 I am forever humbled.

Dana

Postby Dana » 07 Feb 2007, 22:42

I feel loved because my kitty is telling me how wonderful he thinks I am.

TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 07 Feb 2007, 22:42

Muse is awful.

But before I get flamed and banned and hated for saying that, let it be known I've held out saying that in every post that Muse is mentioned.

But I hear Pans Lab. is great!

*backs away slowly*
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Dana

Postby Dana » 07 Feb 2007, 22:43

I declare that you are forgiven, on account of your awesome claymation skills.

If it happens again in the future, however, I may not be able to be so kind. Remember that.

The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 07 Feb 2007, 22:47

Dana wrote:I feel loved because my kitty is telling me how wonderful he thinks I am.

I have been thinking about getting a cat.

They're fuzzy!
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 07 Feb 2007, 22:47

Actually Chris i think the majority of us have already gone and seen it. Sorry. Mind you i think i would go again so if you want to go then for sure. Thinking about doing Smoking Aces sometime soon as well so if you are up for that one then let me know. MSN me or something, as it has indeed been a while.
Dana

Postby Dana » 07 Feb 2007, 22:48

The Hitman wrote:
Dana wrote:I feel loved because my kitty is telling me how wonderful he thinks I am.

I have been thinking about getting a cat.

They're fuzzy!

Also, they kill spiders for you, and they are cute as hell when they are viciosly attacking things like milk bottle lids. Cats for the win, dude.

Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 07 Feb 2007, 22:49

I've seen it and I must say, while I didn't realize it was in spanish and got thrown a bit because of that, it was an excellent movie. A grown-Ups Narnia

I loved it.
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 07 Feb 2007, 22:50

Pans Labyrinth is fuck-tar awesome. Like, the tar that dinosaurs had sex in, then got crystalized for generations and will one day be used in the same manner as the chalices in Crystal Chronicles.

Oh, and there's nazi spaniards who shoot dead bodies (twice, to be safe). Generally I am not in favor of nazis. Or spaniards for that matter, but anyone who so carefully ensures that the dead won't rise. Well, that's professionalism.
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 07 Feb 2007, 22:50

James wrote:Actually Chris i think the majority of us have already gone and seen it. Sorry. Mind you i think i would go again so if you want to go then for sure. Thinking about doing Smoking Aces sometime soon as well so if you are up for that one then let me know. MSN me or something, as it has indeed been a while.

Dayyyyum...

Well, I am going to see it tomorrow by hook or by crook (but mostly by hook), so you guys are totally welcome if you want to join in on the fun. I'm not sure about Smoking Aces -- I've never heard of it -- but we should hang out at some point in any case.

I'm on reading break until Monday, so you guys should give me a ring if you're up to anything rad. You've got my number, right?
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 07 Feb 2007, 22:52

Dana wrote:Also, they kill spiders for you, and they are cute as hell when they are viciosly attacking things like milk bottle lids. Cats for the win, dude.

I am kind of a big softy, so normally I gently pick up spiders and deposit them outside.

However, I do have a big problem with milk bottle lids, so maybe a cat would help with that.
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 07 Feb 2007, 22:56

The Hitman wrote:
Dana wrote:Also, they kill spiders for you, and they are cute as hell when they are viciosly attacking things like milk bottle lids. Cats for the win, dude.

I am kind of a big softy, so normally I gently pick up spiders and deposit them outside.

However, I do have a big problem with milk bottle lids, so maybe a cat would help with that.

I try and have mercy on spiders, and I try and pick them up with a piece of paper and a cup, but I end up decapitating half of them.

I feel bad but I don't want anything with eight legs touching me.

And Dana, thanks for the forgiving my hating of bad music :) I will try and do a recent claymation... it would be a lot of fun! I just have to find the time >.<

Dana

Postby Dana » 07 Feb 2007, 22:57

Tensen01 wrote:I've seen it and I must say, while I didn't realize it was in spanish and got thrown a bit because of that, it was an excellent movie. A grown-Ups Narnia

I loved it.

It's one of three Mexican movies with a whackload of Oscar nominations.

Dana

Postby Dana » 07 Feb 2007, 22:58

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:And Dana, thanks for the forgiving my hating of bad music :) I will try and do a recent claymation... it would be a lot of fun! I just have to find the time >.<

WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT NEXT TIME? You keep talking this way about my second favorite band, and I will get grumpy. For real yo.

TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 07 Feb 2007, 23:01

:twisted:

I'm no music guru, I was just playing around. :-P

I believe music is a very personal thing, and one band that is complete shite to someone, could be the most amazing thing to the next.

The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 07 Feb 2007, 23:04

Dana wrote:WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT NEXT TIME? You keep talking this way about my second favorite band, and I will get grumpy. For real yo.

I am seriously considering the possibility that we might have to throw down.
Dana

Postby Dana » 07 Feb 2007, 23:04

TheRocketSiobhan wrote::twisted:

I'm no music guru, I was just playing around. :-P

I believe music is a very personal thing, and one band that is complete shite to someone, could be the most amazing thing to the next.

It's true. For example, I really hate My Chemical Romance.

But, to get back on topic, I am going to see Pan's Labyrinth in PG, and anyone who wants to come here to watch it with me is welcome to. I might even let you guys meet my cat.

Return to “General Discussion”