Should I get a x-box 360, or a wii?

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Under13

Postby Under13 » 13 Feb 2007, 10:37

More like CELda...
zombine
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby zombine » 13 Feb 2007, 13:25

"Revolution without reasonably priced competition makes me go Wii."

Hehe, nintendo humor
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 13 Feb 2007, 19:11

I'm more of the hardcore rpg kinda guy.
Thats why I asked.
Well, the occasional non linear games like fable 2, and something like halo is also fun.
i dont know what's happening anymore
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 13 Feb 2007, 19:13

You do know how many degrees one Revolution is? 360. XD
I can't think of a signature.
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 13 Feb 2007, 19:40

Woah, you blew my mind

*poom*
Captain_Anarchy
FOOLED YOU!!!

Postby Captain_Anarchy » 13 Feb 2007, 23:28

I still plan on getting a Wii. They are a lot of fun. Does anyone know if they are actually available or is it still impossible to get one?
My hand to God. Baby geese. Goslings. They were juggled.
-Wash
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 14 Feb 2007, 08:55

I'll probably get one for Corruption. And if not, then definately for Galaxy.
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 14 Feb 2007, 17:45

Captain_Anarchy wrote:I still plan on getting a Wii. They are a lot of fun. Does anyone know if they are actually available or is it still impossible to get one?

I went out to get one today, because I don't really keep my finger on the pulse of the gaming world, and it turns out you can't even order them online, much less get them from stores. No one is taking reserves and apparently they fly off the shelves the moment they come in.

Mostly, I'm irked at how people at game stores treat you when you go in and ask for one. I had one guy actually laugh when I asked if they had any (EB, obviously).
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 14 Feb 2007, 19:10

The Hitman wrote:
Captain_Anarchy wrote:I still plan on getting a Wii. They are a lot of fun. Does anyone know if they are actually available or is it still impossible to get one?

I went out to get one today, because I don't really keep my finger on the pulse of the gaming world, and it turns out you can't even order them online, much less get them from stores. No one is taking reserves and apparently they fly off the shelves the moment they come in.

Mostly, I'm irked at how people at game stores treat you when you go in and ask for one. I had one guy actually laugh when I asked if they had any (EB, obviously).

I'm not neccessarily going to defend their behavior, but I would like to note: what kind of patience would you have for a particular question if you had to deliver the same answer to literally every second customer for 3 months straight. i work only 12 hours a week, and I probably answer that same question 300 times weekly, without exaggeration. we have people that camp our stores 6 hours a day, 6 days a week to get one. it WEARS on us. there's nothing we can do to help and we are sick of telling pepole about it, and justifiably so.

-m

I am not angry at you.
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 14 Feb 2007, 19:15

There's really no excuse. It's not like I was a dick about it: I just went in and asked politely if they had any. I'm no more responsible for the behavior of the rest of your customers than you are for the availability.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 14 Feb 2007, 19:22

Yeah, if you're bored, you don't have to be cruel. Just be blunt. Just say "No."
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 15 Feb 2007, 00:42

Matt wrote:
The Hitman wrote:

I'm not neccessarily going to defend their behavior, but I would like to note: what kind of patience would you have for a particular question if you had to deliver the same answer to literally every second customer for 3 months straight. i work only 12 hours a week, and I probably answer that same question 300 times weekly, without exaggeration. we have people that camp our stores 6 hours a day, 6 days a week to get one. it WEARS on us. there's nothing we can do to help and we are sick of telling pepole about it, and justifiably so.

-m

That reasoning would make sence if
1. you wern't getting paid to answer the question
2. It was the same person (or few people) that just does not understand

Lots of jobs are repetitive. Everyone has to deal with it and its never right to be rude.

-^_^-
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 15 Feb 2007, 00:49

I'm with Matt on this one...

When the 360 came out, people would come in and ask to buy one... and I would just laugh. Because honestly, if your THAT interested in buying something, a little preperation can go a long way.

I was also top preseller for the 360 in my city.. so i was fucking tired of getting questioned about it.

Sometimes enough is enough, and I wasn't getting paid enough NOT to be a dick.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 15 Feb 2007, 01:08

Agreed. How dare people come into your store with the audacity to buy things!

Next they're going to ask you to be nice for free! I think they're calling it 'human decency.'
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 15 Feb 2007, 01:13

I ask people to be nice for free all the time... it doesn't seem to work though.

How much is enough to be paid to be nice. seriously? Minimum wage in this provence is what? $7.50 an hour? I say if you're getting paid 10 bucks you should be doing a good job because theres someone out there willing to do it for minimum wage.
-^_^-
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 15 Feb 2007, 01:14

Bahahaha.

No .. not asking nicely if we have the 360, pretty much bitching me out because I obviously personally asked the company not to supply us.

My human decency starts at least 10 $/h

Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 15 Feb 2007, 01:21

oh well if they're being rude about how they ask first then I say shit on their heads!

Just dont confuse a real inquery and shit on the wrong head.

-^_^-
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 15 Feb 2007, 01:27

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:Bahahaha.

No .. not asking nicely if we have the 360, pretty much bitching me out because I obviously personally asked the company not to supply us.

Oh, admit it. You totally did.
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 15 Feb 2007, 01:29

Actually, I was in a grocery store looking for coffee the other day, and when I asked the clerk why they didn't have a particular brand, he said that all their other stores carry it, but they don't.

I accused him of pulling it off the shelves when he heard I was coming.

He looked really nervous for a bit until he realized I was kidding.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 15 Feb 2007, 01:39

again, I wasn't trying to defend their actions, just trying to explain them.

-m

I am not angry at you.
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 15 Feb 2007, 01:44

It's cool matt... we're just having a good thread. I don't mean to offend.

-^_^-
TheRocket

Postby TheRocket » 15 Feb 2007, 02:09

I'm actually a pretty good employee. I'm really nice and friendly. If someone is a dick to me, I take they're having a bad day. I'll continue to be nice, and if they continue to be a dick, they will eat my firey saliva of doooooooooooooom!

Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 15 Feb 2007, 02:36

I used to work at a subway resturant and there was this girl was always seemed to be in a bad moon all the time. Customers would complain about her beucase it got to the point where customer were afraid to order from her.

once someone ordered a big mac, as a joke of cource. middle of lunch (this means she was crankiest). while everyone else was laughing beucase, common, it was kinda a funny joke, she slammed the bread on the counter and said
"Seroiusly, that's not funny. I used to work at a Mc Donalds and it was tough!!!!"
people started walking out of the lineup because she really was that rude.

Just a story I wanted to tell..... not saying you're that kinda wierdo. Unless you're her...... in wich case... im.... nevermind..... eh heh heh

-^_^-
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 15 Feb 2007, 09:49

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:if they continue to be a dick, they will eat my firey saliva of doooooooooooooom!

I would assume that the ability to spit fire is an advantage in retail.
Under13

Postby Under13 » 15 Feb 2007, 10:37

TheRocketSiobhan wrote:I'll continue to be nice, and if they continue to be a dick, they will eat my firey saliva of doooooooooooooom!

...you make out with them...?

Return to “General Discussion”