ITT Triumphant Moments in Gaming

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 15 Feb 2007, 21:22

3mm4 wrote:Was it everything they said it would be?

And more.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 15 Feb 2007, 21:26

By more I mean that I'm posting from jail.
"Just another Sunday paddleboat ride on a man-made lake with another lady stranger; if I remain lost and die on a cross, at least i wasn't born in a manger."
Ridiculous Breakfast

Postby Ridiculous Breakfast » 15 Feb 2007, 21:47

Alex Steacy wrote:
Graham wrote:Emerald. Weapon.

Emerald AND Ruby weapon in one night.

I beat Emerald, and recieved a free Gold Chocobo for my efforts. Using that I went to the secret cave that had the Master Summon materia, linked it with W-Summon and hammered Ruby Weapon with it.

EAT IT.

Also, anytime I've ever nailed a boss suffering from Mega Man Syndrome*.

*An irriatating phenomenon particularly notorious in the Maga Man series whereby a boss will retain his very last sliver of life for an excruciatingly long time and stomp your ass while he's at it.

So what you really need to do is link master summon to quadra, and link knights of the round to magic counter. If anyone so much as hits you, you'll do knights of the round 4 times. So basically it means if you get hit, go out for a while, grab a bite to eat, go to work, come home and you'll just be ending the fight.

I loved that game. And I beat emerald and ruby as well. Same day. TOO LONG. AND I LOST THE FILE.....

Oh well live and learn.
Discomonkey

Postby Discomonkey » 15 Feb 2007, 22:12

Finishing Planescape, that thing took me years, not because it was that hard, it's just that every time I got near the end, or at least up to where you meet Ravel Puzzlewell, something would happen, my disc was stolen when people came over, it broke, my hdd exploded. Eventually, after 3 years of searching I was able to find a fourth copy for sale and spent 3 straight days playing it to finish it.

Also, I'm not unwilling to say that the ending of that game brought a tear to my eye, but that's because it was an amazing piece of work, far deeper than some silly bint being impaled.
Under13

Postby Under13 » 16 Feb 2007, 07:06

The Hitman wrote:By more I mean that I'm posting from jail.

Say hi to Chocolate Jimmy for me.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 16 Feb 2007, 07:43

The Hitman wrote:By more I mean that I'm posting from jail.

Don't bend over, dude.

It is not the same as touching a girl!
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 16 Feb 2007, 07:44

Sure, now you tell me.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 16 Feb 2007, 07:47

Hey, I'm trying to help you out here!

Under13

Postby Under13 » 16 Feb 2007, 07:58

Chris "The Hitman" - who crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side...
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 16 Feb 2007, 09:54

Alex Steacy wrote:Oh, I must share one more. This was a golden moment.

My friend and I were playing Advance Wars DS (a cute little tactical wargame). The map was a very long little strip of island with opposing bases at either end. So he's hammering my forces and his army is advancing toward my doorstep. Things look bleak for me, but I had one dubious ace up my sleeve: A transport helicopter with a single infantry unit inside. Each turn, I sent it at maximum speed toward his base, and he consistenly ignored it as an insignificant threat. His army was nearly upon me when I finally unleashed my deadly master plan. I hit my Tag Power (Allows you to take two turns & triggers both super moves on your team), landed the chopper, unloaded the infantry, switched partners, and invaded his capital city using a character power that allows you to capture enemy properties in a single turn... And won the battle! (You lose if your forces are destroyed or your capital is captured)

I shouted so loud, everyone in the apartment freaked out. I owned the SHIT out of that guy.

I have played way way too much of that game. A bad thing that happened when playing it that made me just... stop: We had one copy of advance wars ds and Francis wanted to get another so we can play wirelessly instead of passing the machine around. So we did and started to play it.... Then I had to get up and do something else quickly so I naturally closed my DS.
*CRASH* there was a connection error and the game we had been playing for over an hour was gone. Turns out you can not close the game when wireless and you can not save it. when a game naturally lasts forever you need to save sometimes!!!!!! it was a waste, we never play one of the games and we can't trade it in because we bought them in japan.

Here's a positive one: Last night we were fighting the last boss in gears of war on insane and we were having a hard time beating it and so we stopped and came up with a game plan. We knew that 12 shots would kill it and I had 12 shots with my torque bow and he had 12 shots with the sniper riffle. If I shot him with the bow his krill shield would leave and Francis could then shoot him a head shot with the sniper riffle but we could not miss a single shot.

We started the fight right after making the game plan, totally pulled it off. I was shouting that I was on my last shot and I remember Francis saying "Just shoot it" and that was all she wrote!!

-^_^-
blackdragontaz
The Goddamn Batman

Postby blackdragontaz » 16 Feb 2007, 10:04

Best moment I can think of at the moment was from Legend of Dragoon for PS1. A friend of was playing through the game and couldn't beat a difficult boss (if any of you know the game it was the boss that had the Dragon Staff, with the de-leveling ability). He tried to beat this thing numerous times without any luck. I come over to visit one day and have a go at it, and beat it, first try, in about 5 minutes.

I got plenty more, but can't think of them. I'll be back.
YamaroV2

Postby YamaroV2 » 16 Feb 2007, 10:06

Aha, new one, just now..

Beating the Gauntlet in Rush 2049. Ooooh jesus is that hard.
No longer your barrel-rolling monkey.
The R

Postby The R » 16 Feb 2007, 20:29

First memorable one would probably be the First time I beat EINHANDER. Wow... the last level was insanity.

Another would be when I played all through the last mission of armored core (Yes, the one with the bloody elevator bricks with guns mounted on them) and killed NINEBALL (Aka: hustler one) all three times :shock:

But probably the best one was with TOTAL ANNIHILATION which is actually a similar story to alex's with advance wars:
A 4 on 4 game that turned to 3 on 3(one guy got wiped out) with me at the top, one guy in the center and one at the bottom. THe guy in the center was fighting me at the top aswell as the other guy, and he was being a real dick about it.

Like when I would attack he would say "OMG stop it, im already fighting the guy at the bottom" (He had allready taken over the 4th players stuff when he was defeated; like he can complain). This kept going on and he kept on saying stuff about how he was so much better than all of us. He started to kick both of our asses and build a massive army, while further talking smack.

Then one of my submarines sees his commander underwater, and I scramble all my torpedo-capable aircraft all at once and drop like 30 torpedos at him. BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!! Gigantic nuke explosion, and he loses instantly. He then gets SO pissed off and kept saying how it was cheap (Yeah right. the no.1 rule of the game is protect your commander. He dies, you die regardless. end of story.). He then went on about how he "Technically Won" and other butthurt responses. The other remaining guy responded with "What? like you technically won vietnam?"

Burn.
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 16 Feb 2007, 20:38

Generally speaking, there is nothing more boring than hearing people talk about themselves playing videogames, but that is actually a pretty decent line.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 16 Feb 2007, 21:34

JesterJ. wrote:I was playing smash with my brother. We were playing best to 5 out of 9 (Yeah it's weird), him as Pikachu and me as Shiek (our two best characters). He won the first 4, then I made the most amazing comeback and won the next 5 in a row. So hard. SO AWESOME!
I was so incredibly pumped after that.
LOLROFLLOLNOOBFAGLOL.

A GOOD SHIEK PWNS PIKACHU IN THE ASS.

LOLROFLLOLNOOBFAGLOL
i dont know what's happening anymore
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 17 Feb 2007, 08:38

The Hitman wrote:Generally speaking, there is nothing more boring than hearing people talk about themselves playing videogames.

Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 17 Feb 2007, 11:10

3mm4 wrote:
The Hitman wrote:Generally speaking, there is nothing more boring than hearing people talk about themselves playing videogames.

So... don't read the thread

... :?
The Hitman

Postby The Hitman » 17 Feb 2007, 11:15

The Hitman wrote:Generally speaking, there is nothing more boring than hearing people talk about themselves playing videogames, but that is actually a pretty decent line.

I was congratulating Ray on saying something not boring.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 17 Feb 2007, 11:38

Dr Frankenjam wrote:
3mm4 wrote:

So... don't read the thread

... :?

And I was just being mean. :)

Return to “General Discussion”