2 day aftermath. A.K.A.Keikon

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
DarkMidget

2 day aftermath. A.K.A.Keikon

Postby DarkMidget » 24 Feb 2007, 23:53

So, since I only went (And only am going) Friday/Saturday, I shall post some stuffs. Sorry, no pics :< I have no camera lol.
Anyway, I went and had some pretty fun times, saw some cool cosplays, even saw my AMV on the big screen (Ku ku ku). I met with Kawaiicaps for the first time, was cool.
I think I also met Yamaro, if he was the guy playing Streetfighter on the laptop XD.
If anyone cares, I was the kid walking around as a samurai in a hakama with one arm hanging out at some points during the day XD. Hmmm, what else.. Oh yeah, saw Matt once in a while walking around, saw Graham for like 1 minute at the registration table and for about 10 seconds in the main theatre, and saw Paul for about 10 seconds just walking around.

So, my AMV got some cheers =D And it was my first one ever! The people seemed to luff the prinnies and boobs XD Oh! BTW! Kawaiicaps, sorry! I coulda sworn I put in the special thanks, but I checked today and it didn't save it as that for some stupid reason, but I put it in the youtube version!

I guess I might as well upload my AMV to youtube and put the URL here, now that it's been seen. Enjoy:

Er... for now I can't upload it because Youtube is being a weiner and freezing at a certain size uploaded... I'll try again still..

Anyway, that's it. Twas a fun weekend.
"Every work of art throughout history would be improved by the addition of ninjas" - Unknown

DarkMidget

Er...

Postby DarkMidget » 25 Feb 2007, 19:41

Anyone know another site that you can upload vids to? Youtube is being a weiner, and not letting me upload it, even though it fits the requirements and restrictions.
"Every work of art throughout history would be improved by the addition of ninjas" - Unknown

Mirran

Postby Mirran » 25 Feb 2007, 19:46

I missed your video T.T...
-Pandering to the faceless masses since 1989
YamaroV2

Postby YamaroV2 » 25 Feb 2007, 19:51

Google Vids is pretty good about stuff.

Also, KeiKon KICKED ASS.
No longer your barrel-rolling monkey.
Bondage Pikachu

Postby Bondage Pikachu » 25 Feb 2007, 19:52

I missed you guys ;___; Luckily though, I got to meet Kawaiicaps, she was pretty cool...And I saw Yam and the LRR crew. Did you see me at all? I was Zim, huzzah...I won a prize =D...Wish I could have seen your AMV!
A storm is coming, Frank says
A storm that will swallow the children
And I will deliver them from the kingdom of pain
I will deliver the children back the their doorsteps
And send the monsters back to the underground
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 26 Feb 2007, 09:49

Pikachu, you were so funny at the cosplay contest! I never judged anything like this before so being the judge was fun. Yay!
Next time please dont break the rules! You made all the judges very angry and there was even talk about disqualifying your group! that would have been a shame so we gave you a runners up prize anyhoo. yaha

I had tonnes of fun! I met a few of you but not all. I dont have any vids this year but I have a few pics. I'll upload them later maybe, (hubby has the cammy right now)

I was so exausted from the weekend though! I want to spend this whole day in bed but I have work to do! boo.

-^_^-
Mirran

Postby Mirran » 26 Feb 2007, 10:05

Kei-kon certainly was win ^.^. I even got to be interviewed by gib... though I could literally feel myself shaking, lol, normally it's like, nothing for me to put myself on the spot, buuuuuuuut, lol, yeah XD, I hope I make it into the video!
YamaroV2

Postby YamaroV2 » 26 Feb 2007, 11:42

KeiKon kicked ass. Solid Snake off, Cosplay Comp, LRR Panel..

By the way, I have -no- idea how to take the Mr KeiKon award. So far.. I'm taking it well. XD
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 26 Feb 2007, 13:30

Mirran: You saw my video, you were sitting right next to me when it was going.

Bondage Pikachu: I saw you XD I was talking to you and Rinoa at some point. I was the kid in the samurai'ish outfit.

And yeah, it was all fun. Gonna upload AMV to google video later for you people and will give the URL here =D fun stuffs.

Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 26 Feb 2007, 17:59

Hehe, Rinoa being moi.

Anyways, I just posted it in the other topic, but yeah, the Con rocked my socks.

I wasn't even aware that you'd been one of the Judges Kawaii. Though I'm glad you had fun doing it. (Even though there was no winning for moi and my FF-Battle Scene.)

I saw minimal AMVs over the Con. People kept being like, "OMG, did you see my AMV?!" And I had to keep telling them that I didn't watch the Contest or most of the Showdown. :oops:
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 26 Feb 2007, 18:27

=D I didn't know you are on these forums XD Go figure. Once again a place we both are, but don't know. Now am trying to upload video to google video >_> Hopefully it will work... so far, connection reset... twice...

Okay, any good video sites other than google video or youtube or any other one that is owned by google?

Hammy

Postby Hammy » 26 Feb 2007, 18:58

So many of the AMVs were great. You should be able to find most of them on animemusicvideos.org I'm already working on getting them. I was L for the second and third day, I'm sure I saw and took pictures of many of you, though we may not have spoken.
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 26 Feb 2007, 19:07

lol I don't think ANYONE took a pic of me... but if anyone did, I'd like to see it =D. I am uploading my AMV to Animemusicvideos.org as we speak.

Bondage Pikachu

Postby Bondage Pikachu » 26 Feb 2007, 19:14

Kawaiicaps wrote:Pikachu, you were so funny at the cosplay contest! I never judged anything like this before so being the judge was fun. Yay!
Next time please dont break the rules! You made all the judges very angry and there was even talk about disqualifying your group! that would have been a shame so we gave you a runners up prize anyhoo. yaha

Dude, someone needs to put these rules up on the website or something, because nobody warned us about the waffle throwing beforhand (Sheena was like 'Oh, but you're not throwing them now, right?' but it was during the rehearsal so we thought she meant not to throw when there was no audience to catch it) However, Gir and I stuck behind to pick up the waffles afterward so no harm done.

I got th idea from Yam's performance last year, because Rinoa told me he threw paper fireballs into the crowd. Tell me, is the rule to only not throw edible things, or anything at all? My argument is that there are some pret-ty stupid people out there, the example being moi, so a set of rules or something that one can read on the web would help a lot and give more right of the staff to fully pin blame on performers. But really dude, nothing wins you a prize quite like a material gift for the audience. It just...Works. But if that's a no-no, I understand- It's just strange that it's such a taboo for us to throw food when audience members are allowed to bring food into the theater whenever they please.

-exhales- Whoo, long-winded! Sucks to be me, though, I'll have to top that for next year...

[I'm thinking forcing others to collaborate with me on a Sonic the Hedgehog kit of awesome coolsauce, but that remains to be seen.]

Mirran- I couldn't agree more. Gib. Is. TERRIFYING. Beforehand I was all 'Yay! I always wanted to be interviewed bu Gib!' but then I was there and it was like 'shitshitshitshitshitshitshitCRAPshitshitshit' etc. I hate how long his arms are. Don't you think one of them could just...Shoot up your nose and take over your mind? Yeah. It could.

DarkMidget

Ah! Up and done~!

Postby DarkMidget » 26 Feb 2007, 19:31

Okay everyone! My AMV is finally up on the website and should be ready for download now =D

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=139686

Enjoy ^_^. It was my first AMV, so I was really glad to hear when there was cheering =D whether or not it was for the prinnies and boobs XD

Mirran

Postby Mirran » 26 Feb 2007, 20:05

YamaroV2 wrote:KeiKon kicked ass. Solid Snake off, Cosplay Comp, LRR Panel..

By the way, I have -no- idea how to take the Mr KeiKon award. So far.. I'm taking it well. XD
-A challenger for next year appears- Though, it's going to be DAMN hard to beat that rap...
YamaroV2

Postby YamaroV2 » 26 Feb 2007, 20:13

The rap, uhh.. Has been beaten.

I've already got my entire skit -planned- for next year. XD
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 26 Feb 2007, 21:16

lol I had a funny idea for a cosplay. was thinking of cosplaying Gaara and having someone cosplay as a sand hand :P and have them hug people to make the hand close on em XD

Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 27 Feb 2007, 09:46

Bondage Pikachu wrote:
Kawaiicaps wrote:Pikachu, you were so funny at the cosplay contest! I never judged anything like this before so being the judge was fun. Yay!

Dude, someone needs to put these rules up on the website or something, because nobody warned us about the waffle throwing beforhand (Sheena was like 'Oh, but you're not throwing them now, right?' but it was during the rehearsal so we thought she meant not to throw when there was no audience to catch it) However, Gir and I stuck behind to pick up the waffles afterward so no harm done.

I got th idea from Yam's performance last year, because Rinoa told me he threw paper fireballs into the crowd. Tell me, is the rule to only not throw edible things, or anything at all? My argument is that there are some pret-ty stupid people out there, the example being moi, so a set of rules or something that one can read on the web would help a lot and give more right of the staff to fully pin blame on performers. But really dude, nothing wins you a prize quite like a material gift for the audience. It just...Works. But if that's a no-no, I understand- It's just strange that it's such a taboo for us to throw food when audience members are allowed to bring food into the theater whenever they please.

-exhales- Whoo, long-winded! Sucks to be me, though, I'll have to top that for next year...

[I'm thinking forcing others to collaborate with me on a Sonic the Hedgehog kit of awesome coolsauce, but that remains to be seen.]

Mirran- I couldn't agree more. Gib. Is. TERRIFYING. Beforehand I was all 'Yay! I always wanted to be interviewed bu Gib!' but then I was there and it was like 'shitshitshitshitshitshitshitCRAPshitshitshit' etc. I hate how long his arms are. Don't you think one of them could just...Shoot up your nose and take over your mind? Yeah. It could.

Sheena meant not throwing them at all. And the rule is no throwing anything at the audiance at all, food or not. The group that won (the sakura group) won partially beucase of the skit and the costume, man so aresome. I gave them bonus points beucase of the props they had.

Kara, i remember you now! I told you that you had a thread hanging down before the cosplay contest... not sure if you remember.

-^_^-
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 27 Feb 2007, 10:59

lol. Either way, it was all pretty good cosplaying =D

Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 27 Feb 2007, 11:33

The guys from cosplay.com took a croup photo but I dont see it on their website anywhere.

-^_^-
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 27 Feb 2007, 12:32

The plot thickens D:

Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 27 Feb 2007, 15:06

I'm sure they haven't put it up yet on cosplay.com. It was just last weekend...

And yeah, I remember you Kawaii. ^_^ (I fixed the thread that night btw.)
Bondage Pikachu

Postby Bondage Pikachu » 27 Feb 2007, 17:19

Kawaiicaps wrote:The guys from cosplay.com took a croup photo but I dont see it on their website anywhere.

-^_^-

Yeah...I wondered about that.

Hmm! Me and Becky had better start planning, too...

Mirran

Postby Mirran » 27 Feb 2007, 20:38

Bondage Pikachu wrote:Mirran- I couldn't agree more. Gib. Is. TERRIFYING. Beforehand I was all 'Yay! I always wanted to be interviewed bu Gib!' but then I was there and it was like 'shitshitshitshitshitshitshitCRAPshitshitshit' etc. I hate how long his arms are. Don't you think one of them could just...Shoot up your nose and take over your mind? Yeah. It could.
lol, I have Gib phobia, I just hope my terrible shyness and boringness gets me cut from the video, though it seems both likely/unlikley xD

Return to “General Discussion”