Cat + Canada = Seems appropriate

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
jtaylor
ASCII Ninja
First Video: Talk Like a Pirate

Cat + Canada = Seems appropriate

Postby jtaylor » 04 May 2007, 13:11

Cat too scary for Canadian mail carriers
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/ ... index.html
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 04 May 2007, 13:35

Gotta love the canada post.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 04 May 2007, 13:37

I like how there is story highlights for a story that is 175 words long.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 04 May 2007, 13:52

My mailman is crazy. Back when we still had my dog, if my mom and the dog were sitting on the porch he wouldn't even come up our walk. This is what my dog looked like:

My dog looked like that, only less threatening.
Kawaiicaps

Postby Kawaiicaps » 04 May 2007, 18:42

I want to see a pic of the cat. Something that evil needs to be spread over the internet
-^_^-
Allen!
Uwe Boll Fanboy

Postby Allen! » 04 May 2007, 19:55

Canada Post barely has enough courage to deliver mail because of paper cuts. I think nobody is really surprised they're afraid of cats.
PSNid: Obee1
XboxLive: LastErrand
Undefeated Lord of Donuts
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 04 May 2007, 23:41

There has got to be something missing from there. There's gotta be. How can an 8-year old declawed lazy cat be scairy? Someone (and I don't know which side it is) is clearly leaving something out.
-Wraith
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 05 May 2007, 00:37

Kathleen's cat Annika is a huge, overweight ball of black fur. He mostly sleeps and purrs. However, if you piss him off, he will eat your face, and he doesn't use his claws. Just his white hot fury. I imagine this is the sort of situation the mailman is facing here.

I actually like antagonizing him, but I wear a leather gauntlet while doing so. We call it the "Annika Bothering Glove".
No joke.

Yes, I know Annika is a girl's name, and the cat is a boy. It's a long story.
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.
First Video: 1337

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 05 May 2007, 02:38

That's just adorable.
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 05 May 2007, 07:04

Wraith: I doubt anything is missing from the story - it's just that the people who work for Canada Post are insane.

Also, my cat is also a boy with a girl's name! And my old cat had a dog's name.

Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 06 May 2007, 16:51

Jacques Francois foiled?
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 06 May 2007, 17:30

3mm4 wrote:My mailman is crazy. Back when we still had my dog, if my mom and the dog were sitting on the porch he wouldn't even come up our walk. This is what my dog looked like:

My dog looked like that, only less threatening.

What's it's name? Or what was it's name?

The mailman probably smelled weird to the cat, had something on him/herself that made the cat want to attack the carrier.
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 06 May 2007, 17:35

Well, I just had that breed, that isn't my specific dog - but her name was Laika. She was like that dog only a little more rotund, and with bigger, less threatening eyes.

Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 06 May 2007, 18:19

I cannot help but grin at small cutesy dogs. I like to pet them and think silly puppy-dog thoughts while making ridiculous puppy-dog noises for the duration of my contact with such dogs, but at the end of the day, I will never willingly own a small dog.

I prefer large dogs, because it just doesn't seem right for a dog to be too small. I mean, I like most small dogs. They're dogs. It's in their nature to be likable. But there's something more natural feeling about a dog that retains some girth and noble majesty, rather than something you could inadvertantly wound with a basketball.

Part of it also comes from the fact that while many small dogs are cute, a lot of the breeds just got taken too far into Froofy Land. When there is more fur than flesh on a dog, a little part of me dies inside. When a dog's eyes are approximately the same size as its heart, I wonder what mad scientist would perpetrate that kind of crime upon such a noble creature as a dog.

Plus, I like to romp around and wrestle with dogs, so I'd want something that I could actually play with in the yard without fear of collapsing its ribcage. Something that can hold its own in a fight if it must, and which can scare off potential neer-do-wells and vagabonds. No one will think twice about a yipping toy poodle, but a wolfhound, or even dogs as small as labradors and such, will make people hesitate before they do something stupid.

~Alja-Markir~
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 06 May 2007, 18:43

3mm4 wrote:Well, I just had that breed, that isn't my specific dog - but her name was Laika. She was like that dog only a little more rotund, and with bigger, less threatening eyes.

Ah okay. Just wondering. That's a good name..I've always loved that kind of dog, a friend of mine has two. Or had two, one died in a really sad way..
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 06 May 2007, 19:05

Well, those dogs aren't *that* small. That is a specifically small one. They are lap dogs, but they are on the larger side of them. I mean, I agree that chihuahuas and yorkies are really fucking small.
Also: you don't like dogs that are more fur than dog, eh? That's one of the reasons you don't like small dogs?

And last thing: you should be scared of any dog that is growling at you, really. In fact, small dogs can often be more threatening than big dogs.

And Jester, I'm glad you like it. We named her after the first dog in space. :) e thought the dog's name was Laika, but apparently it was the breed. So we're stupid. But still.

JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 06 May 2007, 19:12

Oh don't get me wrong, I LOVE dogs that are more fur than dog. They remind me of cats, which I love.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 06 May 2007, 19:24

3mm4 wrote:And last thing: you should be scared of any dog that is growling at you, really. In fact, small dogs can often be more threatening than big dogs.

I'm about six feet tall with some good legs on me. I imagine that any froo-froo dog that actually attacks me isn't going to fair well. I mean, a single well placed kick to the underbelly could kill one. Same kick to a mastiff, a bruised rib perhaps, and then it's got my neck.

~Alja-Markir~
CyberTractor
Member of Alpha Flight

Postby CyberTractor » 06 May 2007, 19:40

My cats are dumb. Seriously. Malcolm (a big white lazy one) was chasing a squirrel. It jumped through the chainlink fence. So he tried to do it as well. He got stuck. Quite funny.
I can't think of a signature.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 06 May 2007, 19:59

My cat thinks he's a dog! He has these elastic band balls that we throw around for him, and he will pick them up in his teeth and bring them to us to throw.

Of course, he also thinks he's people - he can climb ladders, open cupboards, open the fridge, and he's figured out how to open doors, even though he doesn't have the opposable thumbs that make it possible for him to actually open them.

JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 06 May 2007, 20:06

My cat's the same way! We can make her fetch :D it's awesome.

Although..all my cats can do is open doors. The other stuff..not so much.
My old cat was fucking AMAZING at opening doors. It was crazeh
AdmiralBarikir

Postby AdmiralBarikir » 07 May 2007, 15:11

oy, first they cant work a full day, and now they're afraid of cats? what a bunch of hosers, eh?
Allen! wrote:I ????'d at the Admiral's signature.

Return to “General Discussion”