Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby The Jester » 15 May 2009, 04:09

Awesome. Well, I hope you stick around :) It's allways cool to have some new people around.
Seth

Postby Seth » 15 May 2009, 09:55

Indeed.
Darknight

Postby Darknight » 19 May 2009, 03:38

Hi am David.

I am currently studying Games Development in Newcastle College.

Few things that i mostly enjoy doing Parkour (Freerunning), building and fixing computers, playing video games, acting and writing movies along with direction them.

Favorite music: i pretty much just listen to anything.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 19 May 2009, 12:06

Welcome to all the newbs!
Syntaphar

Postby Syntaphar » 20 May 2009, 16:02

Yo. Name's James. Figured that although I already have a few posts up, it would be nice to introduce myself.

I come from the American Midwest where I usually find myself either working hard at schoolwork or obsessing over tabetop roleplaying games. (Especially the spaghetti western/steampunk/horror RPG Deadlands: The Weird West) Also occasionally a video game nerd.

Nice to meet you all.
Cinekydo

Postby Cinekydo » 20 May 2009, 16:42

Hey I'm Cinekydo (Sin eh kid oh) and I've been a fan of LRR for about a year now and I figured I'd give the forums a try.

:D
bradleyrains
First Video: Phailhaus 11

Postby bradleyrains » 20 May 2009, 21:26

i'm bradley.

i did the music for the new video.

i'm a professional musician and recording artist. i've been a fan of LRR since i first heard of them from Jarett Cale over a year ago.

^_^
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 20 May 2009, 21:39

Welcome Syntaphar, Cinekydo, and bradleyrains! Hope you enjoy your experience!

Three tips:
* If you have a question, feel free to PM anyone and ask (though there are some exceptions as to who to ask, as you'll see while reading other threads).

* I would recommend that you not post a new thread until you get the feeling of how things run here (we've had some spam problems recently, and I'd hate to see anyone get accidentally caught up in that).

* Beware the Lavos. Do not feed the Lavos.

Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam...
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
AgentGray

Postby AgentGray » 24 May 2009, 11:01

So, i've been around for a while...only made a couple of posts...but i dont THINK i posted here...unless I was drunk... anyways...been a fan of LRR since last desert bus, and have pretty much seen everything legitimately available at this point...
RowanAmeth

Postby RowanAmeth » 26 May 2009, 13:42

So I just joined the forums, I've been watching LRR for a few years now. I don't remember which video I started with, but I quickly tore through the archives, and have been hooked ever since.

So, uh... hi. I'm Rowan, I'm 23, live in Pennsylvania, and am a full-time, professional hobo (aka unemployed). That's about it.
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 27 May 2009, 07:39

You are from Kutztown RowanAmeth? Then you should know where I'm from! I went to high school in Oley.

Did you grow up round these parts or did you move here?
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
RowanAmeth

Postby RowanAmeth » 27 May 2009, 07:54

korri wrote:You are from Kutztown RowanAmeth? Then you should know where I'm from! I went to high school in Oley.

Did you grow up round these parts or did you move here?

Kutztown, born and raised! I vaguely know the Oley area, but I don't head down that way very often. As for Reading, I know a few people around there. If you ever go to the Microplay game store up on 5th Street (near Fairgrounds), I'm friends with the big guy with the beard and the glasses. You'd know him if you've seen him.
lemonscenteddishsoap

Postby lemonscenteddishsoap » 27 May 2009, 07:56

Hey there.
I'm Lemonscenteddishsoap, but most people know me as Robbie.
I'm a huge fan of the site, and generally got into it because I'm also a fan of mystery science theater. I also liked the ISC and Man Cooking vids.
I'm 18, 5'9", brown hair, grey eyes. English, without a thick accent.
Male and bi, a good shoulder and a great listener.
I draw and paint, and I'm obsessed with comic books and video games.
I love anime, manga and 90's cartoons, like Freakazoid and Chris Colorado.
I'm a furry and a nerd, quite proud of both actually.
Pet hate: attention seeking emos and people who reply to things with *First post!*
I'm a smoker and I like the occasional drink with friends.
Well, that's all I feel comfortable in saying, so hope to make some friends on here and hope to talk soon ^_^
See ya :D
Your keyboard appears to be disconnected. Press any key to continue.
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 29 May 2009, 09:48

well this seems like an ideal place for my first post.
Hey, I'm Mike, hailing from Illinois, USA. I play the piano, tuba, harmonica, trumpet, and I'm trying to learn trombone. I've played water polo as a goalie and despite being nearly 7 feet tall do not play basketball thank you very much good day. I'm currently in college studying writing and media.
Also the next person to tell me they're on a boat or anything being "over 9000" is going to get a size 16 nike where the sun doesn't shine.
the amativeness

Postby the amativeness » 29 May 2009, 11:39

Welcome to you both!

lemonscenteddishsoap: I share your pet peeve of "First Post"ers.
MotorWaffle: How tall are you EXACTLY? Could you be taller than Bill?
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
MotorWaffle
First Video: Phailhaus #3

Postby MotorWaffle » 29 May 2009, 12:17

the amativeness wrote:Welcome to you both!

lemonscenteddishsoap: I share your pet peeve of "First Post"ers.
MotorWaffle: How tall are you EXACTLY? Could you be taller than Bill?

I very well could be. Last I was measured I believe I was 6'11
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 29 May 2009, 13:04

I think that ties you and Bill. For everyone's sake, let's not get more accurate.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Pearman

Postby Pearman » 29 May 2009, 17:09

Okay... so, I'm not exactly sure how this works.. but here goes...

My name is Daryl Peereboom (Last name being Dutch for pear tree... hence where I got my user name from)

I first came to this site a few months back through a link on Tim's overweight rabbit website... I think... I'm not really sure if that's completely true... I also watched a bit of unskippable before coming here... but never bothered to click the little link at the bottom of the video. Suffice to say, I came here somehow mostly thanks indirectly to Tim, and got pretty hooked on your stuff.

I live in Victoria (The one in BC (The one in Canada)).

I went/go to UVic as a Mechanical Engineering student... I've officially finished all my courses... but apparently to graduate I need to do another co-op... and since the economy is apparently in the pooper... and I don't want to go to Alberta to work for Oil Companies (be they big, evil or otherwise)... and because I'm lazy... I'm pretty much spending the summer bumming off my parents...

I use ellipses a lot ... well... sometimes...

Umm... I'm not sure what else to say... ooh... my favourite video is that Geometry Wars one... Paul in the mo-cap suit gets me every time... plus I like the dry, ironic type of satire.

So yeah, that's me... in a nutshell... turtle shell?... half shell?

Cheerios Folks.
affabletoaster

Postby affabletoaster » 01 Jun 2009, 19:01

Righto. I'm Elisabeth, I'm 22, and I'm from Halifax, NS. I've just graduated from King's where I was studying Classics and English, and therefore I have no skills except the ability to translate Latin and Greek and correctly use the subjunctive. As of yet, none of these things have led me to heaps of gold.

I first heard about LRR during the last Desert Bus (2008), and have been an eager watcher ever since.

Other random stuff about me? I collect Boba Fett figurines, am webmistress for awesome webcomic Rock, Paper, Cynic, and I want very much to go to Norway.

I offer daily proof of my awesomeness at my Twitter.
Signatures are dumb. I'm glad I don't have one.

Twitter | Rock, Paper, Cynic
undecided44

Postby undecided44 » 03 Jun 2009, 13:12

Greetings all. I'm one of the countless many who were drawn into LRR through Graham and Paul's work in Unskippable.

I'm 30, married, 2 kids (9 mos. and 3 yrs.), and a United Stater, currently living in northern Virginia (just outside Washington DC).

Lastly, a word of encouragement to those with degrees of little use: I graduated in 2000 from Syracuse University with a BS in psychology, and have been working steadily now for almost 9 years for a healthcare research and consulting company. Yes it can happen to you, you can find work, but you may have to look at things that are tangential to your area of expertise.
building on Uno's Minecraft server as ff4ede (pronounced as an exaggerated version of forty).
Alina

Postby Alina » 03 Jun 2009, 13:55

Welcome, friends! And I have to say, affabletoaster, that webcomic you webmistress is pretty awesome, indeed. And pretty.
No one had had the slightest desire to learn the language of the boghogs for the simple reason that these creatures communicated by biting each other very hard on the thigh. -Douglas Adams
Riven

Postby Riven » 04 Jun 2009, 17:49

Wow. I think this is the first time that my ACTUAL first post was in the introductions topic. Huh. I feel like I've reached some sort of peak, and my life will snowball in its meaninglessness for the next sixty or so years until I die.

Anywhoo.

I'm Riven! I stole that name from someone ages ago, but I'm proud to say that I ceased to care about two weeks before this post. I'm a major Billy Joel fan and that, honestly, is all you really need to know about me, but here's some more because gosh I love the way this font looks. Uh. I'm a writer at heart, but I spend way too long on the computer. Which, actually, is how I found Unskippable which led me to LRR which has led to unproductive hours of enjoyment. I figured I ought to join the forum and so, here I am ... there you go.
the amativeness

Postby the amativeness » 04 Jun 2009, 17:57

Welcome Riven! Enjoy your stay!

Grab some Coke & Subway at the door, and join the LRRmons!
Riven

Postby Riven » 04 Jun 2009, 18:02

Coke and Subway at the door? Why, I love this forum already.
Ragnarok

Postby Ragnarok » 05 Jun 2009, 01:40

Hi everybody ! I'm Ragnarok, the loveable pig summoned from the netherworld to bring death and destruction upon anyone who dares touch my chocolate.

I live in a beautiful country where you can get charged for insulting a minister on a Daily Motion comment. No it's not China, it's France.

I love J-RPGs, Plateform games, Devil May Cry and... Well, pretty much anything hardcore. (In video games ! You perv)

I collect pigs of all kinds.

In about two month, I'll be moving to Québec, because... Well... It can't be as bad as France right ?

I have been watching LLR videos for quite a while and I find them funny.

Keep up the good work. There will always be this french pig rooting for you.

Return to “General Discussion”