Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
ArcadeStarlet
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby ArcadeStarlet » 20 Jun 2009, 16:03

Hi, I'm Chrissey and I'm a girl who plays video games, according to most advertising I'm a rare breed! Currently I'm playing through Bioshock. I'm also into Warhammer, mostly painting and modelmaking rather than playing though.

I've been following LLR for about 6 months now. My friends and I have been making short films for about 7 years but we've never achieved much, seeing what the LLR crew have been able to do has been a real inspiration. Now we are just finishing up work on our latest project - a 45 minute tongue in cheek horror - I'm special effects gal - which we hope will be hitting UK film festivals at some point.

So now I am joining the forum in the hopes of picking up tips and stuff!

Chrissey

Postby Smidge » 20 Jun 2009, 16:21

Welcome everyone ( since MG's welcome msg )

Jackrabbit
Arcticfox
Pigmy Wurm
ArcadeStarlet

Now sign up for the Mafia games, as we need more potential psychopaths on the loose!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 21 Jun 2009, 10:40

Welcome new people!
It's been a while since I check this thread, sorry about that.

ArcadeStarlet, you do special effects? Neat.
ArcadeStarlet
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby ArcadeStarlet » 21 Jun 2009, 14:09

Yu-huh! Self taught and still learning so my skills are limited.

Mostly I have worked on physical effects like simple prosthetics, makeup effects, forays into pyrotechnics etc and a lot of it has been made up as I go along to suit particular needs. I'm trying to teach myself Blender so I can do some 3D animation too.

Postby Keab42 » 21 Jun 2009, 16:04

I first discovered LRR through Penny Arcade and their comments on Desert Bus, Promptly forgot all about them until Desert Bus 2, and then did the same thing.

I re-rediscovered LRR via the unskippable/Zero Punctuation April Fools crossover.

I have since spent the time watching every video on the site, then I found the wiki and had to go back to watch a several of them again to catch references etc I had missed before.

And now I find that there's a forum and podcasts. Oh dear...

Anyway, that's a long rambling way to say "w00t first post!".

Thanks for all the entertainment guys.
Keab42: Keeb-forty-two Deal with it. @Keab42 | | +Keab42 | | Tumblr
Yamazuya

Postby Yamazuya » 22 Jun 2009, 15:17

It's 1a.m. on my side of the planet and I should be going to bed.
What I am doing however is registering an account on this here message board.
I wouldn't know why I did it, because quite frankly, I've stopped asking myself why I do the things I do.

As for my person. I'm a know-it-all from some ex-communist, ex-fascist, ex-significant country somewhere over there, who's been watching the LRR works for quite some time. Now I'm here and all is well.

In closing I'd like that add that, not only do I enjoy cake and cheese, I also am professionally trained in the creation of cheese, cake AND cheesecake.
Think about that one.
No really, do.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 22 Jun 2009, 15:33

Fascism and Communism? I am going to go with Eastern Germany for your country of origin Yamazuya.

Anyway welcome to the forums. I think you will find plenty of people here when it is one in the morning in their home.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Gobukiller

Postby Gobukiller » 22 Jun 2009, 16:15

I'm gonna say Breslau.
(Not Gosukiller. I do not watch Dragon Ball Z)
ReeVenge

Postby ReeVenge » 22 Jun 2009, 19:18

I should NOT be this nervous, but forums can be quite elitist places sometimes.
Ah well, here goes.

Name: Ree. (This is actually an abbreviation of my full name, which I am not revealing due to the fact that I hate it.)
Age: 17, although I usually act about 12 or 20-something depending on my mood.
Appearance: 5 foot 8-ish, not skinny but not fat if that makes sense, blue eyes, black hair with blue streaks. Kinda pale.

I spend too much time on the internet (at least by my mother's standards), and a good chunk of my net time is spent watching LRR videos and browsing the wiki. So, the logical next step was to join the forums. Although knowing me I'll only post sporadically as much as I try not to.

I like weird music, reading and writing plays, playing my bass guitar, and nerdy boys. Woot.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Jun 2009, 23:39

I wouldn't worry too much. We didn't really do anything except attract a certain class of people, but it turns out this is one of the least elitist forums I've ever been on.
ReeVenge

Postby ReeVenge » 23 Jun 2009, 03:33

That makes me feel a whole lot better, thank you. :)

I've just been on forums before where people have been really rude and just awful to other users in general, but after browsing through here a bit I don't think I have anything to worry about.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 23 Jun 2009, 03:45

Well, I've been trolling this site since November. Obviously it was Desert Bus that got me interested. I was rather addicted to that tiny screen of people I didn't know answering random questions that we asked in the chat window. Though, I first heard of you guys through GamePolitics posting your Mass Effect controversy video.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is: Hi.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Yamazuya

Postby Yamazuya » 23 Jun 2009, 13:37

Lord Chrusher wrote:Fascism and Communism? I am going to go with Eastern Germany for your country of origin Yamazuya.

Anyway welcome to the forums. I think you will find plenty of people here when it is one in the morning in their home.

Right on the money and thanks.
Gobukiller

Postby Gobukiller » 23 Jun 2009, 22:34

Damn :(

(That was my first answer, but just agreeing would be boring)
(Not Gosukiller. I do not watch Dragon Ball Z)
TheDarkshivers

Postby TheDarkshivers » 24 Jun 2009, 20:19

Hello,

Name: Matthew Levin

I have been watching video's on this site since i seen Super Indendence Sorrow about a year ago i think... i have been trying to get my mates to watch you guys but they dont understand most of the jokes quoting them "smart comedy"

I play alot of games and enjoy finding new ways to boost my pc to it's fullest at the cheapest amount.i am In college i am Studying IT Programming and hoping to go to Game Design in university

My user name was created about 6 years ago from a old game i use to play and i have stuck with it since

My spelling is at best shabby and im sure you will see alot of mistakes and punctuation i usally get embrarrased and fix it as soon as i can

Thanks for Reading
Everyone dies but does everyone live
Saladan0

Postby Saladan0 » 25 Jun 2009, 03:04

When everyone posts in a forum for the first time, they try to make their first posts sound witty and original. But since this is the case with everyone, trying to be original is actually unoriginal, and acting originally unoriginal will actually be the new way to be original.

So here is my unoriginal intro post.

Hi.
My name is Adam.
Lets be friends.
Maeglin
First Video: Celestial Sea Episode 1

Postby Maeglin » 26 Jun 2009, 15:18

Hello,

I'm Benjamin. A 16 hear old junior in high school who found LRR while I was watching Unforgotten Realms on the Escapist. I went to the bottom due to boredom and saw this video called "Radiata Stories." I decided to click on it and watched it. I found it hilarious and noted the advertisement for LRR at the end. I headed on to this site, watched every video, and fell in love with LRR.

I think this happened about two or three weeks ago.

I'm from Pennsylvania in the States in case you were curious.

Hm... What else... Planning on majoring in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering... Did NaNoWriMo for my first year last year and won... um... I love video games of course... I'm a guy... Grew up in a family with two older sisters... Whole family likes video games to at least a slight degree.. including parents (mom has a DSi/DS Lite. Dad has played a few games from time to time [Scribbenauts, Brain Age, Professor Layton])... I'm very white... I like food... a lot... I should be fat, but yet I am still underweight (yay genetics)... So yeah.

Hello
Hola
Bonjour
Ni hao
Guten nacht
Salut

Dawgs
Pants are optional.
rig

Postby rig » 26 Jun 2009, 19:15

I'm Kat. 27. Gregarious in person, laconic online.

Masters in Education. Bachelors in Linguistics and Psychology. Unemployed. Hilarious.

Went to a funeral today at a Catholic church. It was weird.

I play D&D. I game.
DranzerKire

Postby DranzerKire » 28 Jun 2009, 19:08

Well my name is Erik and I am 18. I have been watching LRR videos for awhile, well a couple of years. I found this site from the How to talk like a Pirate. I love the work you guys do!
AKAnotu

Postby AKAnotu » 29 Jun 2009, 18:57

I'm Graham. I found this site through unskippable, watched a few videos, laughed my ass off, and then proceeded to watch every single video in the archives. I love video games and reading (any kind of book, as long as it's good), and can't really think of anything else to say.
Say Anything

Postby Say Anything » 30 Jun 2009, 19:02

Hey there!

I'm Say Anything/Ryan, a big forum-goer and gamer. I found out about LRR first during the Desert Bus '08 marathon after finding the stream randomly. I also stole the name "ForTheChildren" on UStream, hahaha.

After a few days of Desert Bus, I began watching the videos and I liked them a lot. I couldn't get enough Man Cooking. I then exploded in real life and forgot about LoadingReadyRun for a couple of months. Thankfully, I rediscovered it on The Escapist when Graham and Paul began "Unskippable". I pranced around, talking about how I knew them, I was best friends with the band's bassist, how I knew each and everyone one of their cities of birth, the time Jer threw me his drum stick, etc., because I'm the kind of loser who would do that. I began watching the Commodore Hustle videos, and I fell straight back in love. I immediately put the site onto my "Speed Dial" feature in Opera, although with all of the videos I've seen there's no way I'd forget about you guys now. Just recently, I decided I'd sign up to the forums. Why not, right?

About me. Hmm. My biggest interests are music, comedy, writing, and gaming, in that order. I listen to everything from soft rock indie band "The Format" to hardcore/screamo band "Dance Gavin Dance", and pretty much everything in between. I'll listen to anything if I'm with friends, but I actually have a very picky taste in music, and if I don't love the band, I hate it. There's not an "in-between" for me.

My favorite stand-up comedians are Kyle Cease, Mitch Hedberg (rest in peace, sweet prince), and Daniel Tosh, although anyone who doesn't spend every thirty seconds taking a crack at a penis joke is usually funny to me. That being said, I can't spend five minutes watching comedians like Dave Attell or Lisa Lampanelli. Comedy shows I watch include Scrubs, Family Guy, King of the Hill, The Tonight Show with Conan O' Brien, That 70's Show...I could go all day.

Writing. As I've said, I love music, and my favorite part of any band is the vocalist. I love people with great vocal talent, and likewise I love bands with great song writers. My dream is to write lyrics, although my mind thinks otherwise. I've never completed a song, because I always tell myself the lyrics are shit. For the most part, it's true: my mind doesn't want to put onto paper what my heart feels. So, with that out of the picture, I find other ways to write. On occasion, I'll write short fictional stories or poems, though I never share those with anyone - more of a nervous thing, because I'm quite shy with anything that doesn't scream "testosterone". I also write game reviews for The Escapist, though just in their "User Reviews" section. I'd like to think of myself as very good, and the people there who actually care about reviews (as opposed to just saying they like the game) usually agree.

Games. I could list all of the consoles I have, but I'll shorten the list and instead tell you what game boxes I like to play: PC. I don't have the money for a 360 or PS3, so instead I try to play games on my cheap little laptop. I love FPSs, my favorite being Team Fortress 2, which I invest so much time into, even though I don't get better. My backloggery can be found here, and though the list is short, these are the games that I actually may still pick up and play some day. My actual gaming collection consists of 2000 some games, most from the bargain bin at Blockbuster. How's that for alliteration?

I'm fifteen years old, and I live in Missouri, and if I said I could tell you any more about my life, I'd be lying. I appreciate the site, and the videos are hilarious. That's all I have to say!
Drewbacca

Postby Drewbacca » 30 Jun 2009, 20:36

Well, as the clever among you may have determined by way of simple deduction, Drewbacca is not my real name, but rather a clever pseudonym designed to conceal my true identity as.. Drew! Okay, so not a clever pseudonym. Rather un-clever, when you consider that the first syllable actually contains my secret identity. Really, it's sort of like Clark Kent calling himself ClarkKentMan instead of superman. Smarter decisions have probably been made, 'sall I'm saying*.

I am a philosopher king and a wandering actor. My personality travels at double the speed of awesome. I have, on no less than three separate occasions, given my life so that others may live. When I walk into a room, everyone starts living vicariously through me. I once shot a grunt in Halo, just to watch him die. The shortest distance between two points is whatever path I take, whether or not it's a straight line. Most, but not all of the statements in this paragraph have been blatant untruths, because the truth is so incredible that to tell it would cause the heads of all those reading to explode.

I am not the most interesting man alive. I hate Dos Equis**.

I'm in my early twenties, a fan of exotic and imported beers, and a philosophy and English student at the university of Toronto in Ontario. I'm a big fan of the LRR videos, and.. I'm Batman***.

Cheers!

Annotations:
*Actually, dumber decisions have been made too. I just admitted my civilian identity right after claiming to have a secret one. D'oy.
** I mean, I'll drink it if there's no other options..
*** I'm Batman.
Ghil

Postby Ghil » 01 Jul 2009, 17:54

Ho hai!

I was following religiously the Unskippable videos on some other site and by the time I got to Haze, I still didn't had a clue about LRR. I was laughing a lot, and thought to myself it would be nice to find something quite like but not quite like Unskippable, and after minutes (dare I say, more than two!) of searching google, I finally came upon this wonderful website (and saw, after what could have been but probably not many seconds) that it was the same guys.

I think I found a new home.

I am a 23 years young Geek hailing from the other side of the Country (Quebec, for those that know their Canadian Geography...hum.) currently working in a great collector's shop paradise.

Thank you for these great videos, btw :D
Kzap

Postby Kzap » 03 Jul 2009, 13:25

Hey, So I'm new here (just joined).
Bee watching the videos for a couple of days (not long but I've got through a lot-ish).
Found out about this through Un-skippable, I'm a avid gamer, but don't have time for that at the moment because I have work and I'm also a film maker, I'm writing a super secret script at the moment which is cool.
I had my own podcast at kzap.co.uk but it's having some down time at the moment.
That's it.
Oh I've also got Asperger syndrome and am dyslexic (that is the spelling one, right?), I have firefox with spell checker installed but bare with me if I get the wrong word sometimes.
I also use Ubuntu Linux and am a fan of Revision3.
Oh and I live in Oxforshire England.

Edit: Okay, anybody know (someone must) how I modify my profile and set my avartar and signiture.
Last edited by Kzap on 03 Jul 2009, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Linux enthusiast, film director, avid Twitterer and full time geek.

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away." - (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Shea

Postby Shea » 03 Jul 2009, 13:28

Kzap wrote:Oh I've also got asperger syndrome

So do I! Damn, it's good to have a "brother" of sorts around.
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.

Return to “General Discussion”