Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
aimes

Postby aimes » 22 Jun 2006, 12:12

no you are!
no further comments
Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Postby Rhynome » 22 Jun 2006, 12:29

Then why are you here? Why are half the people on this forum here?

I want to see the studies, evidence and most of all your measure of freakitude that you used to come to the conclusion that I am the only freak here. Because in my mind... nu-uh, you are!

P.S. Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurh!
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 22 Jun 2006, 12:40

lets say we are defining "freak" as someone who is two or more standard deviations away from the social norm. if someone who uses the term "wicked-awesome" is one standard deviation away from the norm then everyone here is, at least, fourteen thouand standard deviations away from normal. you deviants, you!

[edit]if the afformentioned is true then we are also statistically disposable.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Jun 2006, 12:47

Morgan wrote:we are also statistically disposable.

daaaaaamn...
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 22 Jun 2006, 12:50

I use wicked-cool. Is that one unit of deviation or just something like 7/8?

What are these Units of Deviation called? Lrrunits? Morgans?
aimes

Postby aimes » 22 Jun 2006, 21:05

freakuh.
well.... i deviate alot, I like to knit, but if you think aobut it, i fit into the social norm for women over the age of eighty... i like rocking chairs, so does that mean im normal? or... a freak tosome? i dont think you can define a freak that way. my definition is he who give me the "no feeling (a.k.a. th heebeejeebees)
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 22 Jun 2006, 22:35

I gave someone the heebeejeebees; without even coming face to face with them this time.

Oooooh yeah!
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 23 Jun 2006, 02:19

Greetings. My name is Wraith. Graham ocassionally posts on the Dumbrella forums and always seemed like a pretty decent guy, and Kathleen actually said nice things to me during one of the numerous riots I somehow managed to incited (a completey unheard of act). So, during one of my fits of boredom, I clicked on their profiles to see if they had live journals or something, and thus found LRR.

Marathond downloading and viewing sessions follows. Easily the funniest stuff I've seen from Canada, and the best video comedy I've seen on the net.

So, yea. That's me. I will be interested to see if my amazing powers to inexplicably piss off my countrymen make me incredibly popular due to some bizzare mirror-universe rule.
-Wraith
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 23 Jun 2006, 02:44

You're mostly talking to ABCs; Australians, Brits and Canadians (well, there are more Yanks than Brits here I think, but ah well). There was a German or so lurking round, but I dunno if he exists any more. So basically, yes, we live in a mirror universe, of spelling things with S instead of Z and other such drastic changes from your reality. You'll most likely go down fine here.

Just for your ease of reading:
Y'all be chattin' with foreigners, ya hear?
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 23 Jun 2006, 08:19

Wraith wrote:I will be interested to see if my amazing powers to inexplicably piss off my countrymen make me incredibly popular due to some bizzare mirror-universe rule.

As I recall, you do have a goatee...

Welcome!
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 23 Jun 2006, 09:52

Graham wrote:
Wraith wrote:I will be interested to see if my amazing powers to inexplicably piss off my countrymen make me incredibly popular due to some bizzare mirror-universe rule.

As I recall, you do have a goatee...

Welcome!

Was it a Star Trek episode that started that all off or was there something before it?

The earliest portrayel of alternate people having goatees that I can remember is that episode.
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 23 Jun 2006, 12:15

Rhynome wrote:You're mostly talking to ABCs; Australians, Brits and Canadians (well, there are more Yanks than Brits here I think, but ah well). There was a German or so lurking round, but I dunno if he exists any more. So basically, yes, we live in a mirror universe, of spelling things with S instead of Z and other such drastic changes from your reality. You'll most likely go down fine here.

Just for your ease of reading:
Y'all be chattin' with foreigners, ya hear?

Well whoooooo doggie! Sure as shootin that sounds just fine, yall!
-Wraith
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 23 Jun 2006, 12:26

There's a fair representation of Americans here to.
And some Scandinavians!
...and maybe other places?
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 23 Jun 2006, 13:40

Kenya?

We need a Russian, I'm sure we could get ourselves a Rusky.
-Geoff-

Postby -Geoff- » 23 Jun 2006, 20:30

Morgan wrote:lets say we are defining "freak" as someone who is two or more standard deviations away from the social norm. if someone who uses the term "wicked-awesome" is one standard deviation away from the norm then everyone here is, at least, fourteen thouand standard deviations away from normal. you deviants, you!

[edit]if the afformentioned is true then we are also statistically disposable.

Two standard deviations isn't enough I don't think. That would imply 5% of the population are freaks, which is a bit much if you ask me. :wink:
xahldera
First Video: Wyy

Postby xahldera » 25 Jun 2006, 17:23

Greetings from Scotland! I've run into this site from a link on IMDB. It was the Boll PSA, incidently. Massive laugh that was.

I'm an anime Otaku and video game fanatic who spends far too much time on the net. I really need to get a life, but I don't because it's too much hard work. I've only found this site a few days ago and I'm already hooked. One of the funniest must be the "Wyy" video. "Umm...70...hours?" is now a constant quote repeated from it as a result and I think it is sad I keep repeat viewing that video.

Outside of watching LRR, I'm into anime and Japanese culture as well as computer games and technology in general. Favourite anime include Azumanga Daioh and Bubblegum Crisis. Favourite video games are the Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Sold series. I practically live most of my existance on the net because I live in a town so boring and devoid of activity there isn't much point going outside. I'm a big fan of listening to "Feeder", a Welsh Indie Rock band but also like the Stereophonics and Coldplay.
xahldera...
Der Greys Der Hunde
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 25 Jun 2006, 21:46

Kiyohiko Azuma is one of my biggest influences! I love azumanga daioh.

Welcome to LRR!
The Evil Propeller

Postby The Evil Propeller » 26 Jun 2006, 13:05

New fan, big fan. I LOVE the videos. Totally up my alley. I used to do a lot of filming myself in my younger days, with friends, and in a similar vein. It's not possible anymore, as most of my friends outgrew it and moved on with their lives, so in addition to being wildly entertaining, the videos on this site give me a wonderful feeling of nostalgia. Keep up the awesome work. You've got a fan for life.

Name: Mike
Last edited by The Evil Propeller on 17 Jan 2007, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 26 Jun 2006, 13:36

Just looking at your list of things you like... checking it... yeah... still reading...

Yup, I agree with everything.

Welcome!
Glad you like the site!
Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 26 Jun 2006, 13:40

you sound like you'll fit in perfectly. i was supposed to die before i even got to be born. i showed those stupid doctors/grandparents.

Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 26 Jun 2006, 21:55

Morgan wrote:you sound like you'll fit in perfectly. i was supposed to die before i even got to be born. i showed those stupid doctors/grandparents.
Life without morgan is like life without cheese.
i dont know what's happening anymore
Rhynome

Postby Rhynome » 26 Jun 2006, 22:18

So you're saying that we're all born as milk, yet Morgan was meant to be done much earlier though stuck around a bit. Resulting in him being the human equivilant of cheese.

Cheese rocks... Morgan rocks, huzzah!

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2006, 23:23

im a new member and i'm from wyoming
kthxbai
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 27 Jun 2006, 00:42

Welcome, wyoming.

Postby Guest » 28 Jun 2006, 13:54

wow, that was amazing. yep

Return to “General Discussion”