Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby Machalllewis » 26 Nov 2009, 10:50

Desert Bus is finished but LRR goes on! Come, join us!
Nothing to see here.
Shahbaz
First Video: The very first one in the archives. :D

Postby Shahbaz » 26 Nov 2009, 10:56

Theremin wrote:Come in! Come in! out of the cold and rain!

yes thats'a all we're getting here in Ireland, the flooding has been irritating to say the least. >.<
ME: NOW CHARGE!!
NKEM: For God's sake Baz! I'm out of ammo, Conor's dead and they have all the power weapons!!
ME: So?
Nkem: Good point. CHARGE!!!!!
Ragepyro

Postby Ragepyro » 26 Nov 2009, 11:03

Hey, I joined up and introduced myself a while back with the intention of sticking around, but that didn't really happen.

Here's to second time lucky!
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 26 Nov 2009, 11:08

Shahbaz wrote:
Theremin wrote:Come in! Come in! out of the cold and rain!

yes thats'a all we're getting here in Ireland, the flooding has been irritating to say the least. >.<

My current morning walk has become some kind of interpretive dry-land oriented ballet.

Also Hi Pyro!
BearHawkWriter
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby BearHawkWriter » 26 Nov 2009, 11:12

Hi there! For now I will keep my name as the BearHawkWriter.

As my name implies, I am The Writer of up-and-coming-but-still-trying-to-take-off-via-web-design-issues webcomic BearHawk Ink (www.bearhawkink.com).

I started this profile in response to Desert Bus 3 and, hopefully, I'll be able to keep posting.
lazylurker
First Video: LRR Review: Desert Bus

Postby lazylurker » 26 Nov 2009, 11:50

Hey everyone. Ive been following LRR off and on since the first desert bus and HARDCORE since #2. I figure that now after the amazingness that was part 3 I should finally get off my but and actually join the forums. Looking forward to being around and seeing much more LRR.
Think lazy, not crazy.
Verserath
First Video: You're Kidding

Postby Verserath » 26 Nov 2009, 11:57

lazylurker wrote:Hey everyone. Ive been following LRR off and on since the first desert bus and HARDCORE since #2. I figure that now after the amazingness that was part 3 I should finally get off my but and actually join the forums. Looking forward to being around and seeing much more LRR.

that

also hi :)
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 26 Nov 2009, 12:00

Mr. BearHawk! Lazylurker! Verserath you happy little chap! Hello!
Get stuck in to the threads, all of you!
WeedyPirate
First Video: How to talk like a pirate

Postby WeedyPirate » 26 Nov 2009, 14:40

Hey guys!

I recently stumbled across the awesomeness that is desert bus for hope, after watching avidly and slowly dying to lack of sleep i was super upset to see it end; though equally impressed by both how much money was raised and how much effort you guys put into the event.

I was genuinely surprised to come across such a seemingly friendly community, and just had to come and sign up here to continue to be a part of what you guys are doing.

Good to meet you all and i'm looking forward to getting to know the community better, also a massive *cheer* to the LRR crew for doing such a brilliant thing.

Cheers!
Theremin

Postby Theremin » 26 Nov 2009, 14:42

Been greeting all day, but I have one left.
WEL-COME!
Glad to have you, WP.
Longshot
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Longshot » 26 Nov 2009, 15:06

I am new here. Been a fan of LRR for some time(since the first Unskippable), and decided to join the forums here after having an awesome bussing time these past 5 days.

I am 21 years old, live in Denmark, and don't really do anything worth mentioning.
Paul: "I cannot deny or confirm whether I am Solid Snake."
Newfie
First Video: Desert Bus for Hope 1

Postby Newfie » 26 Nov 2009, 15:21

Hi all,

My first exposure to LRR was the original Desert Bus for Hope. I more or less thought: "These crazy people are going to play this terrible game nonstop for the children. Awesome." After it was all over I went back and started watching some of the past LRR videos to see what these guys were all about; to learn more about the guys who were so great that they could give more money to Child's Play than freaking Microsoft and several other much larger organizations.

I've been watching periodically ever since, always coming back for Desert Bus. I got a huge (and pleasant) surprise when I saw the first 'Unskippable' on The Escapist and realized that it was done by Graham and Paul. Now it's become routine for me to watch the week's Unskippable, ENN, and LRR video.

I don't really know why I decided to create a forum account all of the sudden, I guess after watching this year's Desert Bus it felt like the thing to do. I'm sure you guys get a ton of new traffic this way that eventually fizzles off before too long. I must say, it was hugely entertaining and the success of the fundraising blew my mind. I certainly wanted to be able to say "Well done everyone".

Now, if this wasn't already long enough I guess I'll talk a little about myself. As the name suggests I'm from Newfoundland, Canada. I must say that I'm pretty excited that the Janeway Children's Hospital was added to Child's Play this year. If you know anything about Newfies, aside from the jokes, local matters to us. So that was really cool.

I think I'm almost out of random filler to make this post unnecessarily long. I'd like to say that while I've been using the term 'guys' I'm not trying to leave out Kathleen, Tally, and other female LRR-ers. Kathleen and Tally are collectively my second favorite internet females. The first being Felicia Day.

Finally, how did the children get so many toys and games? Blame Canada!
Checky_Girl
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Checky_Girl » 26 Nov 2009, 15:28

I'm new here so hi. I'm ashamed to say that I hadn't really gotten into LRR until I watched Desert Bus this year (though I did watch Unskippable on The Escapist). So I decided to finally drag myself over here and check it out. I'm glad I did. So hi.

Info on me? Well, I'm 15, I live in Portugal (But I'm English) and I'm a student. I like anything fantasy, as long as its good, and I've been into computer games ever since my brothers got me hooked when I was about seven. I like music, most stuff is good for me but some of my favourites are Muse, Queen, Pink Floyd, Newton Faulkner and John Martyn. I love to read, though I don't get to do that enough nowadays what with all my work. My friend got me hooked on Anime and I'm a general Sci-Fi lover (favourites include Firefly and Babylon 5). I Love art, photography and writing and I'm ever so slightly insane.

My name's Carmen, by the way. I forgot to mention that.

I'm also pleased to see a few names I recognise from the DB chat. Maybe I won't be so loenly here after all.
Last edited by Checky_Girl on 30 Nov 2009, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.
RebelliousUno
First Video: don't recall came after unskippable

Postby RebelliousUno » 26 Nov 2009, 16:32

So yeah I've been lurking around watching LRR videos for some time it feels like now and religiously it seems watched DesertBus this last week...and knowing that I'd experience withdrawal symptoms have signed up to the forum.

So what to say

25 Male PhD student in Sheffield, UK, was Uno in chat this week (though had issues connecting on anything other than my mobile for some reason)...

So yeah hello people
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 26 Nov 2009, 16:50

Ah yea...

Followed Unskippable since the beginning, and ENN, sampled some of the LRR vids, and watched DBFH for like...4 of the 5 days, as I forgot to watch the ENN vid that had the mention of it till saturday night.

Anyway, 25/M from Michigan, watching DBFH, felt bad that I couldn't donate more, but being an amateur blacksmith figured join up here and see if I couldn't help next yer with some items when I get my forge re-awoken in the spring (or in the winter if it stays mild...)

Oh...and if you haven't noticed, I use a lot of ellipsis...
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
lazylantern
First Video: The "unskippable" with Yatzhee

Postby lazylantern » 26 Nov 2009, 17:17

Hello everyone,

My membership to the forums dates now but I never really was much of a forum clinger.

I'm Lazylantern, from the distant and arid snowy land of Quebec, Canada.

to make it short, Quebec is to Canada what Canada is to the rest of the world: the joke people.

Most of the Über clichés that one hears about Canada comes from Quebec: Aboot, beavers, lumberjacks and First nation trades posts. (Addendum, I'm not saying that it ALL comes from here, just most of it... being 200 years older than the rest of the country)
Also, most of the pronunciation clichés come from there because we are decedents of Frog Eaters; the French.

I decided to hang here because I came to the light during Desertbus this year. Winning 2 auctions and being overshadowed by Octopimp. I wanted to communicate my love of LRR to the whole world.

I already hear you: "wow Lantern, how did you get to know LRR you suave hat-wearer?" thanks for the compliment, I came around thanks to Yathzee. I saw Graham's ZP style review of XBlades and followed the link to Unskippable. While USK didn't make me lose my pants, I felt a strong and compulsive urge to get to know the guys behind the screen.
I was greeted on the LRR homepage by Commodore Hustle EP7: Fallout. now the pants were gone. Phailhous and regular videos sealed the deal.

So yeah I'm a s6 guy. I wanted at the same time to address the fact that Commodore Hustle IS what kept me on the site. I wanted to know what happened to the crew. I read Graham's blog entry about results and I had to voice my opinion: Fact I came to the site for another reason. BUT I stayed thanks to the ongoing series.

so in a nutshell, thats me.

PS
I'm also on twitter: charles_mor
and I did 2 vlog entries on youtube to support Desertbus
In Brightest day, In blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
let those.... ah hell you know the rest
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 26 Nov 2009, 18:21

Hello inevitable post-Desert-Bus influx!

Welcome!
BritchesStitches
First Video: How to talk like a Pirate.

Postby BritchesStitches » 26 Nov 2009, 19:52

Hey everybody.
Long time watcher, first time poster. So yeah, I've been watching for a few years now, and I've even been reading the forums here and there, finally decided I should make my first post.

Anyways, I'm a huge fan of cH, as well as Unkippable (which has really gotten quite good, IMO). I watched as much of Desert Bus 2 and 3 as I could (I was IronMan66 on the chat if anyone recalls).

Seems like things are really moving forward for LRR, here's to the future.
This is not my signature.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 26 Nov 2009, 21:08

Welcome welcome welcome everyone! You'll find the forums warm and dry, most assuredly. Come on in, make yourselves at home, be sure to add a profile picture and fill out your profile stats and take a look around, take a peak inside some threads. Be adventurous! I remember when I joined after the first Desert Bus (good lord has it been two years already I am so old and haggard) I was trepid and unsure, but everyone here is quite wonderful.

We're happy to have you! :)
teambates
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby teambates » 26 Nov 2009, 23:18

Hey there! I'm a student journalist from Kelowna, BC. I had seen a few LRR videos and heard of Desert Bus for Hope before I actually got to watching the webcast this year, and I got hooked. Enjoying pushing through the LRR archives, you guys are excellent!

I'm in my fourth year of a BA in English, and I am recovering from a lapse into watching the whole series run of DS9 this summer.
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 27 Nov 2009, 00:52

A big welcome to everyone joining the forums!

I hope you enjoy your stay and get to know us a bit better. We're a fun bunch!
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
cerulgalactus
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby cerulgalactus » 27 Nov 2009, 03:20

Heya folks,

Long time runner, first time joiner and all that malarkey. I'm sure some of you may have become acquainted with me during DesertBus (where myself: cerulgalactus and Jess AKA strangejet spent the week) as being the creator of 'appoint' - and I really can't believe that it took that long for someone to figure that one out.

Shane AKA cerulgalactus
Likes: good comedy (mainly British and Canadian), film, music, the writing styles of Neil Gaiman, Haruki Murakami, Neal Stephenson and David Mitchell, wasting way way too much time on the internet and vidya games.

I look forward to chatting with many, if not all, of you.
RacoonResidue
First Video: Ways to avoid a Hangover.

Postby RacoonResidue » 27 Nov 2009, 03:22

Heya!

Been a fan for a while and after being blown away by another amazing Desert Bus I figured I should hop on here and show further support of this wonderful site and the people behind it.

Name's Bob. You can call me Bob.
Shovinstuff
First Video: The LoadingReadyRap

Postby Shovinstuff » 27 Nov 2009, 07:50

I've pretty much got the same story as the others who've just posted. I had been watching LRR for a while but after watching Desert Bus at just about all times I was awake I figured I will make an account.

Not really much else to say apart from introducing myself. Hi, I'm Tom, and I'm and LRRholic.
The Jolly Joker
First Video: Save Our Games

Postby The Jolly Joker » 27 Nov 2009, 08:45

Hi there!

So yeah, this story is really losing it's flavor by now but:

Unskippable > LRR > Desert Bus 3, that is how I came to be...here.(Almost catchy.)

Return to “General Discussion”