Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Mr. Biscuitbarrel
First Video: Omni-lingual

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby Mr. Biscuitbarrel » 30 Mar 2010, 13:33

Howdy all. Saw this thread and figured since I posted elsewhere, I should post here. I've been watching LRR for a while now, but haven't bothered signing up for the forums b/c I don't think I have anything particularly interesting or amusing to say.

If it's at all helpful for helping to further market LRR, reach a wider audience, etc., I found out about LRR via Unskippable. I started w/Eternal Sonata, and eventually showed that & Dirge of Cerberus to two friends. One of them said, "Is that Graham & Paul from LRR?" And so it began. What kept me watching was Commodore Hustle. I watched the last episode (#11) and had to go back to figure out how the hell that developed.

Anyways, I love the site, watch all of your video series and listen to podcasts while playing WoW. Thanks for all of the great entertainment! Back to anonymity...
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 30 Mar 2010, 14:05

Mr. Biscuitbarrel wrote:I don't think I have anything particularly interesting or amusing to say.

Welcome dear sir. Welcome to the forum of failure.
Nothing to see here.
wartjr2373
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wartjr2373 » 30 Mar 2010, 15:35

Mr. Biscuitbarrel wrote:What kept me watching was Commodore Hustle. I watched the last episode (#11) and had to go back to figure out how the hell that developed.

Just making sure, but you are aware there are two episodes after that, right?

Also, welcome to these here forums. You may find you often don't have anything to contribute to a thread, but as you become more involved you'll probably find yourself posting with higher frequency.
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

Mr. Biscuitbarrel
First Video: Omni-lingual

Postby Mr. Biscuitbarrel » 30 Mar 2010, 17:21

wartjr2373 wrote:Just making sure, but you are aware there are two episodes after that, right?

Oh, yeah, I've been watching LRR for about a year. I loved "Matt Gets His Groove", and was ashamed that even though I never watched Xena, I still understood the Gabrielle reference. I used the term "last" to mean the last episode of Season 1. cHustle really was the catalyst. Paul's "Real authentic surprise!" from Ep7 - Fallout is still probably my favorite line LRR has written. Wait a minute ... "That's such a waste of a perfectly good muffin! No it isn't."... Ack! Don't make me pick!

Thanks for the welcomes; next task is to find a suitably zany avatar (although has anything described as zany actually been zany?).
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 30 Mar 2010, 17:46

Mr. Biscuitbarrel wrote:Thanks for the welcomes; next task is to find a suitably zany avatar (although has anything described as zany actually been zany?).

Zaniness is a difficult attribute to capture in an avatar, but I wish you luck in this endeavor.

MyNameIsIe
First Video: Phailhaüs - X?

Postby MyNameIsIe » 30 Mar 2010, 19:37

Mr. Biscuitbarrel wrote:"That's such a waste of a perfectly good muffin! No it isn't."

This has been one of those lifesaving moments of comedy that can make the worst day ever bearable if I just remind myself that it happened. It's right up there with The Doctor dancing to the Ghostbusters Theme.
I sew things, I write things, I do laundry for people who do interpretive dances to Afternoon Delight.
rye_and_wheat
First Video: Desert Bus 3, then the archives

Postby rye_and_wheat » 31 Mar 2010, 16:40

Hi there. I'm one of those people who was at PAX East but not on the forums. I'm also married to tanatoes, who introduced himself a few pages back. If you were at the meetup or the 1am screening, I was sitting with him and carrying a gray ThinkGeek Bag of Holding messenger bag and likely grinning from ear to ear. I had a really awesome time.

I tend to lurk on forums, as usually other people have said what I was going to say better than I would have said it. But anyone who would try saying they're me better than me would fail automatically by not actually being me. So I'm off to lurk and read and pretend I'm working for 20 more minutes.
My husband's going to be Buckaroo Banzai when he grows up. I'll be Emma Peel. Together, we'll fight ignorance and crime!
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 31 Mar 2010, 20:19

Not working is the number one reason people are on these forums. No joke.

I too am a regular lurker of forums, but this particular forum drove me to change that. I decided to start posting one day, and I'm glad I did; these forums are awesome, after all. And I've found that the longer you're here, the more comfortable you will become, and you'll find yourself having plenty to say.

And if not, there's a bunch of forum games you can participate in.

Anyway, welcome to the forums.

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 31 Mar 2010, 20:43

I too was once a massive lurker. Over the past year or two, that's, uh, changed a bit. You start by forcing yourself to post, even if it has already being said, and then you force yourself to post again. After a while, you find your groove and get comfortable with posting more and more often.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
James Ether
First Video: The Secret Of The Sauce

Postby James Ether » 01 Apr 2010, 16:06

I guess this should be the place where I say hello to you all.

I'm James, I'm 21 and live in Britain. I'm from a sleepy town called Solihull but have spent most of the last 4 years in Manchester. I'm a student at the University of Manchester and I study Chemistry.

My journey into LRR was via Zero Punctuation many moons ago when Graham did the X-Blades guest review. I started watching Unskippable on/off from there and subsequently the Escapist New Network. From there I clicked the link to the LRR site and watched The Secret of the Sauce and have been following avidly since. One of my favourite time killing activities now is to just click on the Random Video bar on the site to find something I've not watched yet.

I used to be a massive gamer and I own a Mega Drive, Playstation and Playstation 2. My favourite games are the Final Fantasy series and Half Life (got the PS2 port). However, I am mostly a music geek. Indie/alternative rock is my first love though I like various aspects of metal, electronica and more experimental things. Top 5 bands ever= Oceansize, Sonic Youth, Radiohead, My Bloody Valentine and Hope Of The States.

Ok that's long enough now. Keep up the good work with the video's. :)

ps. Oh yes, during Desert Bus 3 I donated $10 to get Paul, Jer, Tally and others to sing the Red Dwarf theme song at about 5am pacific time. Best $10 I've ever spent.
UnspeakablePat
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby UnspeakablePat » 01 Apr 2010, 18:23

Welcome to it Mr.Ether!

Don;t be a stranger now!
James Ether
First Video: The Secret Of The Sauce

Postby James Ether » 02 Apr 2010, 09:29

UnspeakablePat wrote:Welcome to it Mr.Ether!

Don;t be a stranger now!

Thanks! I'll try not to be!
madrak_the_red
First Video: Meatshroom

Postby madrak_the_red » 04 Apr 2010, 02:53

Howdy y'all.

Figured I should post here as some sort of rambling introduction..
I'm James, and I live in England. More specifically in the London Suburbs.
I guess I came to this site through unskippable, and thoroughly enjoyed working my way backwards through the video archives. Needless to say work has suffered...
I'm 17, and studying a variety of sciences at A level (read, all of them). I'm heavily into gaming, both video, tabletop and, yes, LARPing, as well as reading, watching movies, fooling around on tinternet and theatrical lighting, sound and stage management. So that's me, I guess.

Live long and prosper.
Keelah Se'lai
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 04 Apr 2010, 06:51

Welcome to the forums!

The700
First Video: Jones Soda - Hanukkah Festive Pack

Postby The700 » 04 Apr 2010, 16:23

Uhm, hello?

I suppose it's high time I had my intro... hm. I've been enjoying watching LRR for, oh, two years now? I think that's right. In any case, I've had multiple corrective surgeries due to busted guts and split sides; so often, in fact, that the hospital sends an ambulance around every time a new video is posted, "just in case".

Ah ha ha he... oh. But in all seriousness though:

Hello, I'm Devin. I currently reside in Halifax and have been for the past two and a half years (Nova Scotia, Canada). A few years ago, I also lived in Halifax for six months (West Yorkshire, England).
I, for one, was more than a little put off when I discovered LRR on The Escapist. But I mean, good for you guys right? Don't get me wrong: I thoroughly enjoy ENN and Unskippable. It just... threw me for a loop, I guess.
Hm. What else? I'm 28 and single? Does... does that need to be...? No, oh... I guess... I guess not...

Uhm. Like most others here, I have a confession: I, Devin Casey, am... a nerd. Yes, I won an award when I graduated for my high marks in... in... computer programming! *sob* I have, next to my bed... the AD&D Red Box. I have Spiderman bookends, as well as bookends bought at the ROM. I have multiple bookshelves filled with science fiction and fantasy novels. I have Flash Gordon and Ming The Merciless action figures. The list goes on and on...

One other thing... I miss Phailhaüs (the spelling of this is added to my dictionary). Especially the ones with Graham and Kathleen. I won't lie, they're my favourites.
It's time to roll the dice.
|| YouTube || Twitter || DeviantArt || Tumblr ||
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 04 Apr 2010, 20:02

Great, I sure you will fit right in.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Vohn_exel
First Video: commodoreHUSTLE 04 - Fixer

Postby Vohn_exel » 04 Apr 2010, 21:18

Howdy everyone, I'm Vohn Exel...obviously. I'm from Texas, and I'm new to LRR. What I thought was a video I'd seen years ago ended up being a video I watched last year. However, I've loved Unskippable since it came out and that really got me into LRR.

As for me, I post alot on different forums. I was formally a heavy poster at a Star Wars roleplaying message board, so at least I have my nerd cred :P. Sadly my greatest contribution is reminding people that the Square Root of Nine is Three, but hopefully one day I'll be famous for...something. Anyway, thought I'd join the forums since I've been browsing the back catalog of LRR videos. This place is awsome, hopefully you'll be bothered with me for some time.
The Square Root of Nine is Three!
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 05 Apr 2010, 08:54

Welcome to the forums. I recommend spelling your last name XL, because that looks cooler.

Devlin84
First Video: Unskippable: The Saboteur.

Postby Devlin84 » 05 Apr 2010, 19:20

Well here goes,
My name is not fancy but it works for me. Andy McCullough, though if my dad had got his way I would have been Ezekiel which would have been pretty cool. I was born in Portsmouth, which is a little costal city in England.

I'm a uni drop out, no shame in that considering I'm currently making my living as an actor :D currently with a company that runs murder mystery dinners, corporate RP and team buildings oh and in July I'm playing King Henry the 8th, who I have been told I look like, which I take as a complement.

I'd like to a writer, I have a collection of short stories a few of which I'm really proud of and will email to folks if they ask :).

Interests;
    Well reading pretty much anything I can get hold of, among my favourite another’s (It would take way too long to list um all).Tim Dorsey, Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, David Gemmell, James Ellroy, CL Werner and Dan Abnett. Also I read a lot of comic books, the Hellblazer series, Preacher and Walking Dead among others.
    Watching films of which again I love to many films to list, I genre wise it’s got to be Horror, Noir/Detective, Costume Drama, Action and Fantasy.
    Writing, which I already mentioned, Role Playing (because I’m a geek :) , pretty much any setting), LRP’ing (because I’m a huge geek), listening to music again pretty much anything and playing City of hero’s/villains (mostly because I know a lot of awesome people on there).

Hmm well that’s pretty much it, oh I’m also ginger and have mild dyslexia (my spelling and such can be a bit fail). Single not really to bothered by that, still talk to at least one of my ex girlfriends which is cool, basically I endeavor to be a nice guy and really enjoy talking to and meeting new folks :) .

Yup thats it, sorry if it rambled on a bit it is 4am here :P. Look forward to talking to you folks.
Theremin
First Video: A girl must have some secrets.

Postby Theremin » 07 Apr 2010, 06:22

Wilkommen aus forummen battenburg.
Devlin84

Postby Devlin84 » 07 Apr 2010, 17:17

Warum danke guter Herr, mm cake.
Then Again
First Video: Iron Stomach Challenge

Postby Then Again » 07 Apr 2010, 17:18

LRR is cool.
I've been watching the videos for years but only recently made a forum account. I bet you don't hear that much...
Devlin84

Postby Devlin84 » 07 Apr 2010, 17:35

It is indeed awesome, though I would find it hard to say what my favorate thing,series wise.
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 07 Apr 2010, 17:40

Whether you are a casual or a devoted fan, there is a place for you on these forums.

Vohn_exel
First Video: commodoreHUSTLE 04 - Fixer

Postby Vohn_exel » 08 Apr 2010, 18:44

wartjr2373 wrote:Welcome to the forums. I recommend spelling your last name XL, because that looks cooler.

Haha, so long as people don't continously refer to me as that microsoft application :P
The Square Root of Nine is Three!

Return to “General Discussion”