Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Wiedergeburt
First Video: How to Talk like a Pirate

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby Wiedergeburt » 26 Nov 2010, 23:54

Greetings!

My name is Nick. I've been watching LRR for about 2 years now, and after watching DB4 almost religiously all last week I finally decided to join the forums. I'm a big fan, and I'm happy to finally become a part of the LRR Community.

I'm a recently licensed Merchant Marine Officer, and have sailed across the Pacific to such ports as Kobe, Japan, Hong Kong, and Da Nang, Vietnam. I am an avid fan of video games, anime, and all other sources of geekiness. I also like watching sports, especially hockey (I don't care if I get flamed for it, but I am a die-hard Sharks fan. Go Sharks!!!).

Anyway, hello and nice to meet you all!
Black Wings, Black Words. Winter is Coming.
Alahmnat
First Video: The Future of Sex

Postby Alahmnat » 28 Nov 2010, 01:39

Hi!

Like Wiedergeburt, DB4 also inspired me to finally get off my bum and join the forum after stalking them for the last couple of months. I've been watching LRR ever since I discovered them on the Escapist, and have done my best to expose other friends and family to their delightful weirdness and nerditude.

I'm 25, a web developer who dabbles in shoddy super-indie video game development (but not the sort that gets shown off at SnobCon, I promise) and a long-time Myst nerd – I even have my own fansite! I also enjoy D&D, Firefly, sci-fi, and other geeky things.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 28 Nov 2010, 01:51

Myst! Wooo! All of you new people are awesome, and quite welcome here! Enjoy, feel free to wander around, and remember that the number one rule here is Wheaton's Law... Closely followed by the rules of grammar. Have fun!
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Danja
First Video: Fun With Microwaves or Quantum Doc.

Postby Danja » 28 Nov 2010, 12:04

Hi, I'm Batman.

Possibly, I can't back that up.
Would you like to buy a short story anthology? Good, cos I made one.
The Redundancy of Flightless Birds
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 28 Nov 2010, 12:20

Actually Danja I'm afraid Misty is already batman...
good to have you though.
^( " )^
winner!
Big Phil
First Video: Unskippable: Onimusha 3

Postby Big Phil » 28 Nov 2010, 14:28

Hi!

My name is Sergiy, but people call me Phil.
I'm 21 years old and I'm from Ukraine (which is located right to the west of Russia, if you are interested) and I'm currently studying to obtain my master's degree in linguistics. As soon as I graduate I'll be a full-fledged translator or interpreter, whatever you like. I've been following LRR for about a year now, my first video being the Unskippable: Onimusha 3.
My musical preferences cover a wide range: from Mozart, Bethoven, Edguy, Blind Guardian, Muse, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Genesis and Pink Floyd to Eminem, Bloodhound Gang and The Offspring. My indisputable favorite author is Terry Pratchett, but I do enjoy a lot of books of different styles and genres.
My favorite video-game genres are RPG (Elder Scrolls, Neverwinter Nights, Fallout, Arcanum etc.) and turn-based strategy (Heroes of Might and Magic, Civilization).
Personal motto: There is no limit.

P.S.: BTW, it's Monday here already which kinda sucks beyond imagination.
There is no limit.
MegzHartie
First Video: Desert Bus for Hope 4 Live DriverCam

Postby MegzHartie » 28 Nov 2010, 21:58

Hi there! My name is Meaghan (though it's ok to just call me Megz since no one ever seems to remember to spell my first name correctly AND that's what my friends call me). I've recently become a fan of LRR ever since I started watching Desert Bus for Hope 4 last Friday (which was awesome and well worth my donations) and just discovered these forums.

I guess a brief run down on me is in order. I'm a 23-year old New Yorker (born and raised in NYC) and have been a geek and lover of geeky things since for as long as I can remember. I'm also an aspiring game designer trying to get my feet into the gaming industry pool here in NYC for awhile now (here's hoping I get to dive in soon). I love reading webcomics like Johnny Wander, playing videos games (recently played through Plants VS Zombies on the Xbox 360, played some Fallout: New Vegas and waiting for the new Back to the Future game from Telltale games to be released), watching anime, and watching things that are either funny, enlightening or both. I'm also a fan of design in the forms of (but not limited to) video games, website, and multimedia.

Anyway, I'm always looking to make friends with nice folks who like to have fun, play games, and watch funny videos on the internet. :3
Danja
First Video: Fun With Microwaves or Quantum Doc.

Postby Danja » 29 Nov 2010, 06:14

Dubious_wolf wrote:Actually Danja I'm afraid Misty is already batman...
good to have you though.

Damn. I guess this demotes me to being Azrael. :\

Anyway, I'm a poor writer from England. Poor as in short on money, rather than talentless. Well, I hope I'm not talentless. Having to clarify a word choice like that would suggest that I might be. Eek.
Would you like to buy a short story anthology? Good, cos I made one.
The Redundancy of Flightless Birds
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 29 Nov 2010, 13:27

Tallyho!

I'm a life long geek that have followed LLR for abot a year now, after being introduced to their videos by my brother. I finally decided to join now as it seems like a good community, and it'd be fun to be able to be part of it.

Happy days! =D
Hurp-De-Durp!
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 29 Nov 2010, 13:46

Wow, it's great to see so many neat new people showing up. I guess that is the the Desert Bus effect. . .

Anyway, welcome! Please do stick around and keep posting, not that I really think you'll need the encouragement.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
DmitriW
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby DmitriW » 29 Nov 2010, 14:25

Since I've been away so long...might as well re-introduce myself! Hi Forums! Didja miss me? xP
Consider this signature a museum piece, since I love it and am unlikely to change it ever.
RefugeePrayer
First Video: Desert Bus Killed the Internet Star

Postby RefugeePrayer » 29 Nov 2010, 15:16

Hello, I am RefugeePrayer but you can call me Prayer. My real name is Michael and I have been watching Loading Ready Run since Penny Arcade posted a link for Desert Bus 2. I finally did decide to join the forums. I do not make friends easily and I hope I can make some friends here.

A little about me: I am still in high school but will be going to college soon. I am either going to study in physics or computer science. If I go into computer science, I am hoping to go into the game industry. I enjoy anime, books (though I do not read often), internet, food, water, life, free choice, and other stuff. I am an atheist and I will fight to the death if someone challenges me with religion but I will not start the fight.

If you want to know anything else, other than social security number, full name, address, phone number, etc, let me know.
2stepz
First Video: .

Postby 2stepz » 29 Nov 2010, 16:43

DmitriW wrote:Since I've been away so long...might as well re-introduce myself! Hi Forums! Didja miss me? xP

*Cuddle-glomps*
Melon
First Video: Commodore Hustle 01

Postby Melon » 29 Nov 2010, 22:05

Howdy howdy. I'm Walter, artist, fan, and engineer. Been watching LRR for years but was inspired to become an actual part of the community here by DB4, which was equal parts heartwarming and epic.
I'm a wannabe creative type currently studying business in the US, and I'm always interested to hear what others think. I recently launched a podcast, hope to soon start a video blog, and am always looking for something to write about, though I'm not particularly gifted in any of the aforementioned fields. I look forward to discussing topics sensical and not with you all!

(Upon research I have discovered sensical is not really a word, which saddens me. I will protest by refusing to correct it in this post.)
Defacer607
First Video: The Desert Bus stream

Postby Defacer607 » 01 Dec 2010, 13:30

Eep. Well, here we go.

I'm Frank, and I found this through Desert Bus.

I am horribly upset with myself for not having known about LRR before.

I am sorta afraid of joining online communities for some completely unknown reason. That being said, I felt I had to.

I had to join this forum because I feel like I'm going through chat withdrawal.

Obviously, if I like this humor, I am quite the nerd. Further proving this, I am a CS major.

So... yeah! HEY!
Pikachaos
First Video: Ballad of the Fanboy

Postby Pikachaos » 01 Dec 2010, 16:21

Hello everyone! I'm Kelsey.
I heard about Desert Bus through a friend and started watching it... then never stopped. I spent my entire week watching it and started watching the videos as well. In the last week I've manage to watch almost all of the LRR videos and the Whatever Thing and the Crapshots and most of the bonus videos. I had already been watching Unskippable though for awhile now.
Well now I'm having epic withdrawal from Desert bus so I'm still on the original chat. xD
I'm a teenage girl. <_< >_>
I love video games, anime/manga, cosplay and drawing. I'm an actor.
I'm a huge video game geek. I'm very loyal to Nintendo and have every one of their consoles after the Nintendo 64. I also own all of the Gameboys, well except for the brand new ones because they all play the same games.
I'm about to graduate high school and my life goal is to somehow [probably with a ninja costume] infiltrate the LRR crew and become one of them at some point in my life and move to Canada. And as an almost high school graduate I'm fully prepared for my definite upcoming failure at getting this dream. Whelp, I think that enough personal information. I'm very glad to have finally made an account here. Greetings and salutations I guess.
DeviantArt - Cyberguardian
Twitter - Pikachaos
Tumblr - http://worldnegativeone.tumblr.com/

"Y-you'll have to kill your underwear." -Ghost Graham
Dix
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Dix » 01 Dec 2010, 21:57

Lurked like crazy for 4-5 years and never actually got around to posting on my account until after DB4.
Desert Bus 1,2,3,4,5,6,and 9 Chat mod
Desert Bus 007 and 8 Onsite Chat Mod
Santhenar
First Video: Unskippable maybe?

Postby Santhenar » 02 Dec 2010, 00:52

Hi everyone!

I'm Santh. I've been following LRR via the Escapist for a long while and often come here to read the blogs, watch cH, PhailHaus, Crapshots etc. After experiencing Desert Bus III & IV I decided to join the forums.

Interests: Most everything, drawing, painting, gaming, writing.

It's snowing here right now and it's awesome. All the construction of man is wiped away under a soft blanket of white.
PodX140
First Video: The Job

Postby PodX140 » 03 Dec 2010, 18:10

"MAGIKARP!"

(Quote from possibly the best contribution to Desert bus I had over the 100 hours I watched it :D)

So I'm PodX140, Polish Canadian (only we are badass enough to have once had an enlisted BEAR in the military, check out Wojtek the soldier bear), and relatively new to LRR, only heard of them through the escapist, but I've yet to miss an unskippable or weekly video. I never really "got" LRR, that is until Desert Bus.

At which point I realized how awesome LRR actually is. Not only do they do game related humour, but everything else too? I'm sold. They also have great taste and original jokes? I ALREADY SAID I'M SOLD, I DON'T HAVE ANY MORE TO GIVE!!! Oh, and the great taste has to come from their choice selection of haiku readings, therefore, my own :D

Started going through the LRR videos from the start, it looks like sure, they look different, but the humour is just as fresh and new as ever. Shame to see more then a few are missing it seems, that and a few phailhaus videos are phailing too.

But anyway, just saying hello I guess... That, and that the fact that I started the magikarp thing :P
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 04 Dec 2010, 15:34

I've been lurking on here for a while, and only just started posting, so I suppose that introducing myself is probably a good idea.

I'm from England, and I got into LRR from the Escapist, after discovering there was more to it than Unforgotten Realms. I unfortunately also discovered the forums, which made me want to punch my monitor in repeatedly.

After discovering I loved all the LRR stuff, I decided to go to the website, and at this point I discovered several hundred videos, which might explain why I'm behind in my coursework.

Still, discovering CommodoreHustle is worth it :)

So yeah, I'm Logic, and I'm an English fan of LRR. Basically.
Last edited by LogicSword on 06 Dec 2010, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 05 Dec 2010, 09:05

Welcome, welcome! Clearly, you are both gentlemen of exquisite taste.
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Maerarde
First Video: An ENN episode, forgot which

Postby Maerarde » 06 Dec 2010, 06:44

I haz a welcome for all the fairly new people :)
My Little Pony <3

Q: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A: Well a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

www.1227.com = best
GaProgMan
First Video: 1337 - 64K

Postby GaProgMan » 06 Dec 2010, 10:12

I would like to show a warm welcome.

Here it is:

Oh, wait. I'm all out of warm welcomes... dang!
Avatar image is part of Vanilla Jester's Draw-A-Thing series on LRR forumers
DJScythe15
First Video: Rejected Wii Play Games

Postby DJScythe15 » 06 Dec 2010, 14:44

Well, it's not really an introduction as much as a re-introduction, but here it goes.

Hiya, I'm DJScythe. I was mildly active in the forums a few years ago and then took an extended hiatus to deal with the horror of university. (With any luck, I'll have my BA in Comp Sci in a few weeks!) Love the LRR vids and crew, and got back into it a little more after Desert Bus.
I tend to be overly apologetic. Sorry about that.

Game Info:
Steam: djscythe15
Pokemon White: DJScy / FC:0690-4616-8450
Tempest Fox
First Video: The Darkness (Unskippable - TheEscapist)

Postby Tempest Fox » 06 Dec 2010, 20:59

Howdy, howdy. Name's Dave, aka Tempest Fox (same Tempest Fox during this year's run of Desert Bus). I hadn't actually heard of LRR until Unskippable via The Escapist, so I'm a bit late to the LRR party. But hey, better late than never, right? Gamer, aspiring writer, working man, among other things.

Love the content LRR produces, and especially love Desert Bus. Caught last year's run as well as this year's, and most certainly look forward to future Desert Bus runs and other content from LRR.

Return to “General Discussion”