Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Under_Score
First Video: Unskippable Pilot

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby Under_Score » 07 Dec 2011, 21:10

So, I'm Under_Score. Some people might recognize me from the Desert Bus chat, but I don't blame you if you don't. After DB4, I started watching the LRR archives, but didn't get very far, stopping somewhere around Superman Vs. the Focused Light Beam or whatever it was called. So, with DB5, I decided to try again. It helped that this year I started before Desert Bus and picked up where I left off, because that helped space things out a little. Anyways, I'm now up to LRRcast for MORE SLEEP! So, not too many before I'm all caught up. I'm especially looking forward to the GPLP for Dante's Inferno, because I was really sad when they stopped with Venetica, though I can't blame them.

Let's see, more about me? I spent way too much at Desert Bus, but I'm hoping I might have something to donate next year. It's not a craft-a-long, because I'm not nearly that talented, but once I get my hands on it next year, I'll try to contact Graham or someone to see if it's anything that might be of any interest.

But I think I'm getting off track. In fact, no one is probably even reading anymore at this point, which leaves me with two options. Since no one's reading anyways, I could just go on as long as I want, knowing it won't matter anyways. Or I could stop now and not waste my time on something no one will read. Eh, maybe just a few more things about myself.

I really like Pokemon as a franchise. I haven't watched the show in forever unfortunately and I'm not as diehard for the games as I'd like, but I still write fanfiction and do text-based roleplays based on it. Also, I've gotten back into the TCG with the new Pokemon TCG Online, though it still has some things to work out. Recently I decided to get into Magic because of all the LRR videos about it. Drafting has always looked like fun, and after watching all those videos, it only looked more so. If I ever get onto MtGO, I want to do a more detailed comparison between its systems and Pokemon TCG Online, because they're surprisingly comparable as far as I can tell.

Anything else I can talk about for no reason? Ten will always be my Doctor, followed by One, Nine and Eleven (the rest I'm unqualified to comment on), though they're all really good. Enterprise is my favorite Star Trek. I'm a pretty big Nintendo fanboy, but this Christmas I asked for an XBox 360 and not a 3DS. Geist: The Sin-Eaters is my favorite World of Darkness line, and I've mostly only played 3.5 D&D. I'm sure there's other nerdy stuff I could talk about, but I'm not sure what. Oh! I'm a Droid-user with a MacBook Pro and a classic iPod because 80 gig is so much more practical than 8.

So, yeah, those were my ramblings. I doubt anyone read those, but if you did, good job! As my final word, I'd just like to say that watching LRR videos for a few weeks now has made my head voice sound like Graham and Paul.
-Under Underscore Score (or just Underscore for short)
Deedles
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby Deedles » 07 Dec 2011, 21:41

I READ IT ALL!

And, Hai ther, btw. ~<D
Hurp-De-Durp!
mertainia
First Video: fun with microwaves

Postby mertainia » 07 Dec 2011, 22:49

Under_Score wrote:But I think I'm getting off track. In fact, no one is probably even reading anymore at this point, which leaves me with two options.

I took this as a challenge, just so you know :) do you have a favorite pokemon or trainer?
Under_Score

Postby Under_Score » 07 Dec 2011, 22:57

Heh, well, I was just thinking about how I have this tendency to skim over really long posts sometimes. As for pokemon, my favorite is definitely espeon, but there's plenty that I like across all generations. I'm not competitive, so none of them are actually based on usefulness. Not sure if you can have a favorite trainer, I've never really heard that question before. Unless you mean Trainers in the TCG, I'm gonna say Sammy Oak. If you do mean in the TCG, well... Bill is always solid.
dackwards d
First Video: The Job

Postby dackwards d » 07 Dec 2011, 23:01

Hey there newco- WHOA BIG POST. And be warned... there are some people on this forum with no lives that read EVERYTHING. I mean, not me, I'm too busy being awesome and popular, but some people. Yup.
ImageImage
Ahlir
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Ahlir » 07 Dec 2011, 23:04

dackwards d wrote:Hey there newco- WHOA BIG POST. And be warned... there are some people on this forum with no lives that read EVERYTHING. I mean, not me, I'm too busy being awesome and popular, but some people. Yup.

Awesome and popular are not words I would use to describe you... Oh ok maybe Awesome :) but deff not popular.
* Disclaimer: The person writing this has no idea what she is talking about.*

Image ImageImage
dackwards d
First Video: The Job

Postby dackwards d » 08 Dec 2011, 02:57

Shh you. I'm impressing the newbies.
Yup. Awesome and popular.
ImageImage
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 08 Dec 2011, 06:58

I remember you from ClickQuest, Under_Score. However I did not know that Enterprise was your favourite "Star Trek". For that, I no longer have any respect for you. Srz Bznz and all that.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Under_Score

Postby Under_Score » 08 Dec 2011, 09:18

Master Gunner wrote:I remember you from ClickQuest, Under_Score. However I did not know that Enterprise was your favourite "Star Trek". For that, I no longer have any respect for you. Srz Bznz and all that.

You must be thinking of someone else, because I don't remember ever doing ClickQuest. In fact, I just looked it up and tried to log in just in case I forgot and it said my username does not exist and asked if I wanted to create it.
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 08 Dec 2011, 11:22

Under Underscore Score! I do remember you from the Desert Bus chat. Good to see you're pretty much caught up with LRR. Thankfully they have enough videos that even once caught up, the withdrawal isn't as bad as could be.

I hope you enjoy it here. We can be pretty weird but it's generally a nice place to be. Welcome!
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
Tacos_yay
First Video: Crapshots

Postby Tacos_yay » 09 Dec 2011, 09:03

Hey Graham! Remember me from Twitter?
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 09 Dec 2011, 09:05

I hope you're no relation to Morgan's deadly Tacos from Morgan's Problem. If you are it's going to get a whole lot messier in here.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 09 Dec 2011, 09:18

Oh no is that the one that resulted in S.E.D? I'm not cleaning that up!
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 09 Dec 2011, 13:48

Very much so. It took the crew months to put Morgan back together. He was never right again. I'm sure they were missing a few pieces.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
Tacos_yay

Postby Tacos_yay » 09 Dec 2011, 14:48

Elomin Sha

Postby Elomin Sha » 09 Dec 2011, 15:59

IT'S A TARP!
Tacos_yay

Postby Tacos_yay » 09 Dec 2011, 18:48

Its not that exact on but i couldn't find the right link. there's like a thousand of them.

Edit: I fount the original i sent to graham if anyone cares:
THIS IS NOT A TRAP (MAYBE)
http://koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL21l ... QxLmpwZw==
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 11 Dec 2011, 04:10

Hello, I have been lurking here for awhile you may have seen me as Guest, I sometimes got together with a small group and went be 2 guests or 5 guests depending on the day. You may also have seen me getting my butt handed to me on quite a few auctions during DB5.

I am proud to say that I am an American and have lived with Canada across my southern border for most of my life. I have had a number of boarder jumpers come over and take our jobs in such skilled trades as college professor, hockey coach and State Governor.

I currently work for the United States Tax payers and will do so for the near term.

I started watching LRR videos on occasion when people would link to them over the past 6ish years but didn't realize they were anything other than youtube guys with a camera. I recognized Paul and Graham when Check Point first appeared and started watching those then hit the escapist, watched the entire LRR catalog and started watching Unskippable. I started posting this past week but I try to avoid jumping into conversations so I have been starting at the beginning of threads and rolling along which on some of the more popular ones means hours and hours of reading, I enjoy being thorough both in reading and commenting. If you have a point to make with me you had better be able to back it up.

I geek out with Comics like Knights of the dinner table, P.A., PVP, the noob, and enjoyed user friendly until it fell apart. My TV shows run with the buffy verse (the movie doesnt exist) and firefly, the big bang theory, the office, parks and rec, Community , House, BSG old and new excluding 1980, B5, Trek and Star Gate. On the Movie and book side I am a huge star wars fan, much more so pre prequels, they really started churning out crap around 2001/2002 I really enjoyed Galaxies before they started dumbing it down, im talking the first 9-12 months before space and CU back before everyone had a Jedi. I really enjoyed trying to find minerals with awesome stats and crafting. I love Turn based strategy, and RPG's, I love almost everything I have played on a tabletop but have had few options over the past 10 years.

My current favorite LRR member is Matt, not because of his LRR appearances but because of the pervasive attitude about him. I sympathize and relate to a person on whom everyone depends and relies but at the same time belittles and blames.

Any questions?
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 11 Dec 2011, 04:58

Yes. Who is your favourite pony? :D

Ahlir

Postby Ahlir » 11 Dec 2011, 05:01

Tee Hee Fresh meat... Welcome... Welcome :D

Image ImageImage
Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 11 Dec 2011, 05:11

Yes, welcome. Enjoy your stay.

We now own your soul.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 11 Dec 2011, 05:13

Back off! I saw him first!

Phailhammer
First Video: Fun With Microwaves (I think)

Postby Phailhammer » 11 Dec 2011, 05:18

*cracks knuckles* Come on then.
Preacher wrote:Do you have one of those for every occasion, Phailhammer?
Geoff_B wrote:And lo, the plot to end the world was undone by a bandwidth exceeded notice.
FictionPress stories:
The Vitaris Insurrection, The Outbreak (The latter not written by me, but I am in it.)
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 11 Dec 2011, 05:20

:D

Ahlir

Postby Ahlir » 11 Dec 2011, 05:28

Now boys is that really a way to act in front of a new forum member? @Lord Hosk Don't worry. You don't have to give your soul to anyone you don't want to. Besides freely given souls are much more fun... :D

Image ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”