Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby Ptangmatik » 28 Apr 2014, 07:08

Sounds like a new recruit for the Hijack thread
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Pluvi0
First Video: I don't rightly recall, some mtgo draft

Jolly good gosh darn pleased to meet you!

Postby Pluvi0 » 29 Apr 2014, 05:22

Hey hey all you lovely people!
And the horrible ones too. You know who you are...

I'm Paul, aka Pluvi0. That's with a 0 because I'm cool. Not quite cool enough to be P1uVi0, but then who is?
33 years of age hailing from the sunny south of England.
Into MTG since revised, but only played regularly since Mirrodin block. Mmm Ravager Affinity. I was rather fond of Tooth & Nail at that time. Good times.
Somewhat of a pc gamer, Borderlands 2, Portal 2, Planetside 2, Starcraft 2... anything with a 2 in it really. And Minecraft. Pluvi0 on the community server for those interested, lurking in a swamp getting my fishing on.

Here is me and my best buddy old pal Winston the Pain Elemental. He's (mostly) harmless. Unless you try and take one of his cupcakes, then you're gonna be losing a finger.
And here is the most disgusting sealed pool I've ever opened. Needless to say, I won. By a lot. Not even sorry.

Toodles! And you all have yourself a jolly nice day!

ps. No dibs allowed.
Boys have SwAg, men have style.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 30 Apr 2014, 11:25

You sir are going to fit right the hell in. Wilkommen, good sirrah!
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Vanquishuer
First Video: The Job

Postby Vanquishuer » 06 May 2014, 23:00

My name is Gregory Eastwood.
My username for almost everything is Vanquishuer, including Desert Bus chat.
I first got into LRR when they first posted Unskippable for The Escapist, and have been a fan ever since.
I'm very much into Commander and previously World Of Warcraft until pandaria wasnt shaping up 6 months after it released.
The comedy LRR produces has helped me a few times when nothing was going my way, and allowed me to break through the wall. Like when my ex BF left me.
Dark Souls 2 ate up most of my waking hours when it finally released for PC.
I have been apart of some other online communities, and I would take LRR any day.
roryokane
First Video: Installation Anxiety (the first one!)

Postby roryokane » 07 May 2014, 15:49

Rory here - hence the unimaginative username. I stumbled across LRR's Installation Anxiety... and then went back and watched everything else they'd made. I then continued to watch their stuff. The slightly pythonesque humour really struck a cord. Desert Bus is one of the worst things to happen to my degree. That and Skyrim. :P
About me - about to become a doctor (WOO) after six hard years of drinking with some last-minute exam-cramming. Big into my RTS games, reading about military history (especially the Roman Empire and the horse&musket era of warfare (REDCOATS! HUZZAH!), Warhammer 40k and anime (not as much as i used to be). Musical taste is pretty varied - love classical music but very into my metal as well. Love singing. Occasionally dabble in rowing as a sport, but much more into watching it and rugby, where my inner Welshman appears and starts bellowing out rugby songs in deep baritone. :)
General Michi
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby General Michi » 08 May 2014, 07:52

welcome all! we just need you to sign this totally-not-stealing-your-soul-legit contract
We put the brick on the accelerator.

Image Image

Twitter Steam Tumblblar
Wykanico
First Video: I....don't....remember....

Postby Wykanico » 12 May 2014, 21:12

Hai Everybodeh!

My name is Matthew, I'm from the Seattle area and I went to (the amazing and ridiculously awesome) LRRCON this weekend. After the greatness that occurred there, I felt I needed to finally try and become more active in the LRR community. I've been watching LRR videos for a number of years now and if I had to guess I'd say I probably started watching around 2010 or so but it all runs together and I actually have no idea. Anyway, my point is that I went to LRRCON and was finally forced to realize how amazing this community is and how much not a part of it I have been for so long. There's no particular reason for that other than I'm somewhat socially awkward and just didn't really realize what I was missing.

Anyways, now that my thoroughly boring intro is over with...

LRRCON was amazing and I'm just hoping to meet more amazing people :D

Also my Twitter is @matthewemz just for gits and shingles.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 12 May 2014, 21:25

Hello, and welcome! :) There'll be people talking about your soul soon, if history is any indication. You'll get used to it.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 12 May 2014, 21:30

heyyyyyyyyyyyyo

Welcome and all that! Feel free to have a rummage around
Wykanico

Postby Wykanico » 12 May 2014, 21:39

My soul is free for inspection in all its glory! Just make sure you sanitize afterwards if you know what I mean... 8)
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 12 May 2014, 22:22

Nice choice for an avatar btw
Wykanico

Postby Wykanico » 12 May 2014, 22:40

Thank you!

I felt I needed one and that's what I came up with in the last like half hour :)

I always have a problem with avatars, I can't draw worth anything so I can't create my own but I always want something original. Usually have to compromise, but I feel like I like this one.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 13 May 2014, 05:32

I certainly approve of that avatar.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 13 May 2014, 08:48

What they said. Welcome, o person my person, and somebody keep Michi away from this one.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Quillpaw

Postby Quillpaw » 13 May 2014, 18:49

Hello everyone! Er, my introduction is basically the same as the previous. I've been watching LRR videos for a while now, found them just as they moved over to the Escapist, and have become a pretty huge fan...just a quiet one, I guess. After the amazing time I had at LRRCon though, I decided I wanted to be more involved in the LRR community and made myself an account! I hope you don't mind a sudden influx of mutants and monsters, they tend to show up wherever I go.
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 13 May 2014, 18:56

Welcome to the forum! :)

I wrote a book!
Wykanico

Postby Wykanico » 13 May 2014, 19:36

Woooooo! I'm not the only one to jump on the bandwagon post LRRCon! Welcome Quillpaw! :D
Nex Vesica
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Postby Nex Vesica » 07 Jun 2014, 18:10

Hey runners, long time reader/viewer first time poster. I've actually been a Runner for some time now, just a very anonymous lurky one. As a general rule, I tend not to get involved in internet communities anymore because, well, they're internet communities. The LRR community is made up of genuinely awesome people though, and since I've been making myself known on the Twitch chat, I figured I'd make a formal greeting on here too and just reaffirm how awesome both LRR and the community as a whole have been. In all seriousness, you guys rock. Whenever anyone tries to say that the Internet is just full of trolls or people that don't care or whatever else, I'm always quick to counter with LRR and this community. I'm seriously proud to be able to call myself a Runner and I always have a blast whenever I get the chance to be in chat with the rest of you guys. Now that I'm in a slightly better spot financially (If recent vet bills don't milk me dry) I'm looking forward to finally contributing something in the triple digits for Desert Bus this year.
I wrote a story! It can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01521SQ70/ref ... le_ext_tmb

I also wrote another one! It can be found at http://amzn.to/1pYDokF
NamelessSteve

Postby NamelessSteve » 08 Jun 2014, 08:17

Hi y'all, some people may remember me from the way back whens, the distant year 2012. I went by dackwards d then. I haven't used that name in a while and i lost the email ages ago anyway, so I figured if I'm gonna rejoin it may as well be with a fresh face and shiny new skinsuit.
I'm a 26 year old guy who plays MtG, though not as much as I'd like, and am slowly working my way through a Beejian backlog of video games. I currently work as a barista, which is a real non-bo with my social anxiety, but I enjoy the work for the most part and am good at it so yeah.
God knows how active I'll be here, probably posting in floods and droughts, but I'll usually be lurking around the magic subforum while I do other stuff at the very least.
How you know it's a good party:
the Rakdos have shown up.
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 08 Jun 2014, 08:28

I know I remember you, welcome back! :)

I wrote a book!
Balthasar_Wiseman
First Video: ENN Episode 1 Nerd Flu

Postby Balthasar_Wiseman » 08 Jun 2014, 18:40

Greetings to all here on the forums. I am Scott of North Vancouver.
I’ve been watching LRR videos probably from ENN on and I have to admit LoadingReadyLive streams are the only play through that I watch and make up much of my after work entertainment these days and I try to catch as much of Desert Bus as possible. I only started reading the Forums in the lead up to LRRcon which I did attend.
As for myself I am 32 going on 33. I work Tech Support in an office. It makes for long days with hours of transit. A damnable thing that causes me to miss far too many LRR streams.
I play some games, mostly PC and these days mostly EVE online or Kerbal Space Program. I enjoy Military history, Technology and Sci-Fi. Less so with Fantasy but I have started watching Game of Thrones which I am enjoying (yes ,yes 4 years late to the party)
Now that I’m done with the introduction I will apologize in advance as my previous experiences on forums have left me with a bit of a Jinx. My input has tended to kill threads, not that I make any extreme statements or offer any final word. I just end up being the last one to post before the threat withers and dies.
I hope this Jinx does not continue here.
Nex Vesica
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Postby Nex Vesica » 08 Jun 2014, 18:56

I'll ensure that your jinx doesn't continue here! And welcome new/returning and thus kinda new people.
I wrote a story! It can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01521SQ70/ref ... le_ext_tmb

I also wrote another one! It can be found at http://amzn.to/1pYDokF
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 08 Jun 2014, 22:54

That would have to be quite a massive jinx to kill the intro thread!

Welcome new peoples, please feel free to have a poke around. Jam will not be provided, you will have to supply your own.
Jamfalcon

Postby Jamfalcon » 08 Jun 2014, 23:40

Welcome to the forums! I don't suppose you took a bus to LRRcon, did you? There was a guy on the one I took from Vancouver to SeaTac and back who attended and was probably around your age, but I never introduced myself because I'm weird like that. Either way, you'll find it very difficult to kill threads here. Even the spam posts get good replies.

Ptangmatik wrote:Jam will not be provided, you will have to supply your own.

Glad we got that cleared up, especially after... last time...

I wrote a book!
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 08 Jun 2014, 23:48

Man, last time it took ages to get you cleared up. There was jam EVERYWHERE.

Return to “General Discussion”