Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
BlueChloroplast
First Video: something on the escapist

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby BlueChloroplast » 09 Jun 2014, 13:05

Hi, I'm new. I've been watching the LRR videos on the Escapist for awhile (I remember new ones with Tim!). I felt silly calling my self a fan without even having a forum account, so I'm here and on Twitch. I like crafting, I wanted my avatar to be the felt Sir Pigglesworth I made from Tally's felt pig pattern but it would not compress enough.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 09 Jun 2014, 14:09

Welcome! If you want a larger file as an avatar, you can upload it to another site like Photobucket and just link to it, then there are no issues with size. :)
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Balthasar_Wiseman
First Video: ENN Episode 1 Nerd Flu

Postby Balthasar_Wiseman » 09 Jun 2014, 19:16

Jamfalcon,
Yes I did take that bus. I figured out who you were when the re-tweet the of the Reaper Podi t-shirt ended surfacing in my Twitter feed.
Thanks for the welcome, it is weird being such an old fart around here.
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 09 Jun 2014, 19:58

Oh, neat! And don't worry, some of our regulars have a good handful of years on you still.
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
BlueChloroplast
First Video: something on the escapist

Postby BlueChloroplast » 10 Jun 2014, 20:11

Thanks Jamfalcon :) I will try that later :)
Ceiran
First Video: 1337

Postby Ceiran » 11 Jun 2014, 04:07

Hi! I was a member here once, but that username is lost in the mists of time now known as 2007(ish). So now I am Ceiran, wanderer returned and spouter of much nonsense on twitch and forums everywhere.
corvus7corax
First Video: diet cherry christ

Postby corvus7corax » 20 Jun 2014, 19:06

Hello everyone,
I've been a LRR fan for several years now, and now that I moved to Victoria for grad school in January, it's finally time to join the forum (I hear you guys are pretty groovy). Living in the same city as the moonbase is quite surreal. I enjoy adventure movies, mystery novels, treasure hunts, science, and taking my cat for walks at night.
Anyone want to go for pho?
Cheers,
c7c
Atifexe
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Atifexe » 21 Jun 2014, 19:24

I thought I'd already posted here. O.o Whoops!

Hello all! I'm known by a few names, but this one is becoming my screen name of choice. In the Desert Bus chat, though, I'm known as Keldane. I've been a fan of LoadingReadyRun for years. I learned about them through working with Graham, actually, back around Desert Bus 1.

I'm a gamer. Mostly Magic and video games, but occasionally I dip into Mordheim/Necromunda or Warmachine/Hordes. My physical Magic card collection is currently sitting at approximately 25,000 cards, while my MTGO account just got started. I occasionally work on designing my own formats. I have near-zero draft experience. I'm a HUGE fan of the Commander and Archenemy formats.

I'm not sure what else to say, so I'll leave it at that for now.
Hepheastus
First Video: Unskippable- Lost Planet

Postby Hepheastus » 23 Jun 2014, 02:59

Greeting All and welcome to LRRdome, it is a silly place
Discere linguam Latinam fuit perditio tempore in schola

Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a Fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a Fruit Salad

What do you call two crows? Attempted murder
Moussefilledkitten
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Moussefilledkitten » 28 Jun 2014, 13:43

Figured I should do this.

I'm MousseFilledKitten both here and in the Twitch chat. I learned about LRR through Checkpoint on PA and since watched a lot of their other videos. My gaming of choice is video and board games. Mostly Euro Games and rpgs though I am getting into Android: Netrunner. I've also just started learning karate, which I'm really excited about.

That's all there is to say about me. I also have two incredibly social cats named Cat-a-lack and Alfador. One of which thinks he's a dog and the other of which likes to eat everything that isn't locked down - which is the origin of my name.
BaronVonRatsworth
First Video: How to talk like a pirate

Postby BaronVonRatsworth » 29 Jun 2014, 20:31

Greetings and salutation to all. I am Baron Von Ratsworth, of the New York Ratsworths of course. I have come from the twitch chat where I have found the LRR community such an agreeable of companions that I simply had to sally forth to partake in intelligent discussions about global affairs and the price of cheese with more members.
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 29 Jun 2014, 23:53

Heyyyyyooooo

Welcome and all that! Feel free to have a poke around the place.
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
Navarran
First Video: Schrodinger's fridge

Postby Navarran » 30 Jun 2014, 08:02

Hello! I've been watching for quite a while now, but I've never been on this forum before. I am also a regular in the twitch chat and very occasionally check out the dbsurvivor channel. Looking forward to getting to know you all better. From the UK, mostly a videogamer but I'd love to get into tabletop of some kind (any kind). Can't wait for the lavabears campaign.
Emtee
First Video: FNM

Postby Emtee » 03 Jul 2014, 05:00

Greetings!!!

I am not new to watching/enjoying Loading Ready Run Videos but I am new to the Forums.

I am Kyle and I live in Alaska. I started watching LRR videos from the Friday Night Magic. I am currently studying Civil Engineering and looking at graduating in Dec. 2014. It has been really hard trying to play Magic the Gathering and League of Legends while trying to get my Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering.

Just got done with the Steam Summer Sales of 2014 and this year my wallet is not hurting too bad like last year. I also enjoy playing Pokemon X and Y. For Magic the Gathering I am really into Commander/EDH. My Commanders are Talrand, Sky Summoner and Riku of Two Reflections. For League of Legends I Silver IV (I don't play ranked too much) and main Support (Leona is my Favorite.)

~Emtee
betsytheripper
First Video: Scientist's Rebuttal to ICP

Postby betsytheripper » 03 Jul 2014, 21:13

I suppose it could be a good idea to do this.

This is actually my second post! Hurrah! I've been hanging out (lurking) in the DB chat year-round-ish since DB5, and it's actually my fault they sang Get Bussin' (Get Lucky Parody) this year. I learned the joy of LRR through DB, and have in the last month or so truly started understanding the gift that is Alex streaming, so occasionally you may see me pop in a comment over on Twitch.

I live around the SF Bay Area, a California native, I hope to be done with undergrad this coming Spring after several-too-many years at it, I make help students learn math for a living, have two wonderful cats, and I'm old enough to know better.

I think that about sums it up.
-betsy
nicholasmc1
First Video: The Job

Postby nicholasmc1 » 03 Jul 2014, 21:20

Hello everyone nice to Meat you, if you follow the signs to the left you will find the grinder and Elomin Sha, I promise the grinder doesn't bite. Please enjoy your stay and forward all complaints to Elomin Sha.
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 03 Jul 2014, 23:49

To your left you will find an excellent selection of marinades, please feel free to choose whichever you feel best suits your skin tone.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 04 Jul 2014, 06:42

Hi Betsy!
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
betsytheripper
First Video: Scientist's Rebuttal to ICP

Postby betsytheripper » 04 Jul 2014, 09:29

Hi Gunner!

Also, question, which marinade goes best with avoiding-the-sun pale?
-betsy
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 04 Jul 2014, 09:42

If anyone has any complaints I will put them in 'The Bag'. If you have any complaints about that they too will go in 'The Bag'.

Everything is in the bag. YOU CAN'T STOP ME. I'M ALL OVER IT!
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Ptangmatik

Postby Ptangmatik » 04 Jul 2014, 13:03

All over the bag

And for an avoiding-the-sun pale I would recommend the all-consuming fires of the Hijack thread, which seems to have developed a holy grail-type rash at the minute, but you can't have everything.
Garwulf
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet

Postby Garwulf » 05 Jul 2014, 06:57

Hi all!

I suppose I should actually introduce myself. My name is Robert Marks.

I've done a few things in my life - First, I'm a published author (I wrote Demonsbane, which inaugurated the Diablo fiction line back before e-books had a market, as well as The EverQuest Companion, co-authored A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Agora, and I was possibly one of the first, if not the first, computer games issues columnists on the Internet back in 200-2002 - that collection of essays is coming out in August). I'm also an editor, researcher, and publisher (I own a small publishing company named Legacy Books Press). I also happen to be the spokesperson and communications director for Darksword Armory in Montreal (although I actually live in Kingston - hooray for telecommuting!), as well as the managing editor of Darksword's new magazine.

Let's see - I'm married, my wife and I have been fans of the LRR crew for a while (for me, ever since the first Unskippable), I got into Magic back in Revised, and came back to it about a year ago, with my wife following me in (yes, I've actually seen the Power Nine hit the table in melee games), and I'm a trained swordfighter in German longsword, as well as a former Viking re-enactor and combat instructor. And, I have a Master of Arts in War Studies from the Royal Military College of Canada (I was a civilian student), and my thesis was on World War I British Cavalry (and don't get me started on War Horse - every time that movie stepped foot near a battlefield, it got everything wrong).

I guess that's me in a nutshell.

Best regards to all,

Robert Marks
Author, Editor, Publisher, and Researcher
Read Garwulf's Corner, on Medium: https://medium.com/tag/garwulfs-corner/archive

...and please check out my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/RobertBMarks
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 05 Jul 2014, 08:25

...wow.

You are one seriously cool dude, and you are most welcome.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Ricardo Anderson
First Video: Hero's Path - The Calling

Postby Ricardo Anderson » 10 Jul 2014, 06:33

OK.
So here goes!
I am Ricardo Anderson!
Big Fan of LRR, MTG, tabletob games, High Fantasy world, anime, music and art in general.
I'm 24, I studied Artistic Production in Uni.
I do some funny illustrations from time to time, I also play the saxophone, sing, act and play a bit of guitar, with loops.
Currently unemployed, trying to open a busyness in the creative industry with my girlfriend, that is a half-japanese freelance arts & crafts artist.
Live in Portugal, but was born in South-Africa.
I'm a pavement special (as far as blood heritage goes), so I'm a mutt really. I'm half south african Portuguese, half Scottish, Lithuanian Jewish and Dutch.
So yeah. Mix that up and you have a confused about his roots third genaration dude.
Have no religious views, really just don't care about it.
Speak fluent English and Portuguese. Can swear in Africans, Romanian and a bit in Japanese.
And that's it in a nutshell.
Tadaaa!
Yei for me. :-)
Stand Sure
Anderson Clan
hascow
First Video: Clubbing Your Friends

Postby hascow » 10 Jul 2014, 19:15

I guess I should introduce myself as well, if this thread is a thing.

Hello!
I go by Hascow online(or hasdgfas, if you may know me from elsewhere where I've used that).

My name is Tim, and I currently live in Wisconsin, USA. I'm a software developer, and a big fan of what I've seen of LRR, which is mostly their Magic content, streaming, and weekly sketches. I've also gained a lot of respect for them after hearing about their views on feminism and equality as a whole. I'm also a big fan of Magic, other tabletop games, video games, reading(mostly sci-fi/fantasy), and just generally being ridiculous.

I play some piano on my own when I have the time and inclination, currently trying to learn some songs from Les Mis, BSG, and Legend of Zelda.

And that's pretty much it. I don't think I'm a super interesting person, but that's me.

Return to “General Discussion”