Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 26 Jun 2007, 17:55

Welcome Fraulein Dangersmith! D: Aye! Go Team Venture! and video games and Pratchett rule :P You win the interweb.
"Every work of art throughout history would be improved by the addition of ninjas" - Unknown

Morgan
LRR Crew

Re: Allo...

Postby Morgan » 27 Jun 2007, 15:12

Fraulein Dangersmith wrote:I'm heading out to Comicon next month too, so hopefully I'll bump into some of you guys there. :)

if we manage to get bill there then you will definitely see us. the average height of the crew is about 6'3 so you will have a hard time missing us even if bill's not there.
Fraulein Dangersmith

Postby Fraulein Dangersmith » 28 Jun 2007, 05:27

Darkmidget: Awww, I was hoping for the luggage set. I already has an interweb...

Oh yeah, and thanks for the welcome. :)

Morgan: So look for the roaming pack for freakishly talk Canadians? Check. You guys are gonna be roaming, right? Or will you set up camp somewhere, sometime during the con?
Ultimatebiscuit

Postby Ultimatebiscuit » 28 Jun 2007, 10:45

Hi, I'm Blake. My friends usually call me some made up form of my name with a inappropriate ending such as Blakwerd or Blakealous (pronounced Blake-uh-lus). There are other longer ones I can't pronounce myself, feel free to make one yourself.

I'm 19, California born, live in Massachusetts, go to a liberal arts college and play in a band. Other hobbies include archery, D&D, fishing, video games, anime, reading and eating.

I need to get a job to counter my ability to find lots and lots of stuff I wanna buy.

The first LLR video I ever saw was 1337 a year and half or so ago, a friend linked me and I was hooked ever since. And now I have joined the forum.
Under13

Postby Under13 » 28 Jun 2007, 10:55

A year and a half ago? And you're just joining now?

...'bout time, man...
<>{
Ultimatebiscuit

Postby Ultimatebiscuit » 28 Jun 2007, 19:18

Under13 wrote:A year and a half ago? And you're just joining now?

...'bout time, man...

I know! I'm such a procrastinator. :x

In my defense though, I um.. love you?

:oops:
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 29 Jun 2007, 13:50

Ultimatebiscuit wrote:Other hobbies include archery, D&D, fishing, video games, anime, reading and eating.

For the win. Good hobbies :P. Oh, and welcome.
I also enjoy eating
"Every work of art throughout history would be improved by the addition of ninjas" - Unknown

Ultimatebiscuit

Postby Ultimatebiscuit » 29 Jun 2007, 15:35

Thanks, I try to keep busy with things that don't feel busy.

Mmm.. eating.
OmegaZultan

Postby OmegaZultan » 29 Jun 2007, 19:44

I'll try to keep it simple, because if I don't then I will start rambling.

Online name ish OmegaZultan, I'm 17 and I live in the barren wasteland that is northern Ontario. I was introduced to LRR by my friend who lives in BC, first vid i ever saw was Man Cooking 2, which I found hilarious. That was about a month back or so..

I like to game, read, listen to music, watch movies and TV, I thoroughly enjoy any game really, and even though I consider myself a LoZ fan, I wouldnt say I'm a fanboy. I have a 360, a Wii, and about 5ish games for both(won't list em). I also have a PS2 with about 30 games :P

And like it or not, my favorite movie always has been and forever will be Night at the Roxbury.

Anywho thats about it, I graduated from high school two weeks ago and I'll be moving to Ottawa in a year to study computer programming. Thanks for reading.

-SGD
--OmegaZultan--
When the world ends, Bill begins.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 29 Jun 2007, 20:25

Welcome!
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 30 Jun 2007, 11:43

Welcome, Omega. You get a normal greeting from me, consider yerself spared. lol

Kaworu

The mandatory introduction

Postby Kaworu » 03 Jul 2007, 19:19

Greetings to you folks,

I'm Charles-André, a 20 years old male from the Québécois sub-species (Montreal ethnic division, to be more precise). I'm studying software engineering with world domination (or debugging, at least) as a passive goal.

My hobbies go from investing a massive amount of time and resources on tabletop RPGs and games to typing down some short creative bursts whenever I get the motivation to do so.

My literature, musical and otherwise artistic interests are diverse with a slight leaning toward fantasy and futuristic-themed stuff. A bit of classic Tolkien, some cyberpunk, and the occasional Lovecraft would be significant examples.

Unlike the first paragraph of this introduction might suggest, I'm not particularly patriotic or anything. In fact, I do laugh along the puns targeting our "distinct nation", thinking we should get along our common interests (like good LRR stuff) instead of bitching because of linguistic differences.

My main motive for registering on the LRR forum is to use this opportunity to write down my appreciation of these very well-made short movies with as much of constructive criticism I can manage to produce.

So, yeah, nothing much to add. I'm the good-going guy reading his new RPG books or playing the latest good DS game on his way home, ready to roll down the polyhedral dice and take on fictive alter egos at any moment.

So, hope my presence brings more good than bad in the days to come. Cheers!
"Have you seen these national test results?! This boy thinks that the capital of Ontario is ONTARIO CITY! What kind of a capital would be the name of the province again?!"
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 03 Jul 2007, 21:38

Hey, Kaworu, we're not supposed to use pictures of the cast as out Avatars :D
DarkMidget

Re: The mandatory introduction

Postby DarkMidget » 03 Jul 2007, 22:42

Kaworu wrote:So, hope my presence brings more good than bad in the days to come. Cheers!

For your sake, we better hope so >>. Just kidding. Glad to have ya here.

and Ten... that's from Hotel Dusk, isn't it? XD

Kobayashi

Postby Kobayashi » 04 Jul 2007, 00:04

Hey. It's me. I'm the new guy.

I recently stumbled over your site due to the "3 PS3" video having been posted on another message board. My first impression was "What a GEEK!", only to return here ever since and browse through the video section in a desperate attempt to procrastinate my final thesis... :roll:
German engineering in da house!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 04 Jul 2007, 00:52

So, you realize now that while he is a geek it was all in good fun?

In any case, welcome to you, and Kaworu.
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 04 Jul 2007, 01:35

Welcome to you, Kobayashi! XD Yeah, the 3 PS3s video seemed pretty popular. Anywho, may your adventures in our wacky space in the interweb be good and eventful... also, I'm aware I say 'our' even though I am in no way connected to this site XD Aside from being on teh forums and greeting everyone who comes in here... at least trying to

Kobayashi

Postby Kobayashi » 04 Jul 2007, 02:02

Graham wrote:So, you realize now that while he is a geek it was all in good fun?

In any case, welcome to you, and Kaworu.

Now that you mention it - there seems to be a subliminal tone of humour in some of those flicks.....

btw: Kaworu?

German engineering in da house!
Kaworu

Postby Kaworu » 04 Jul 2007, 04:20

DarkMidget wrote:and Ten... that's from Hotel Dusk, isn't it? XD

Kyle Hyde in all his "I'm so going to shoot you, traitor" glory, yes.

Tensen01 wrote:Hey, Kaworu, we're not supposed to use pictures of the cast as out Avatars :D

It would be a pure coincidence if I really did so. Oh well, if I ought to modify anything, I'll be told by the competent authorities.

Kobayashi wrote:Now that you mention it - there seems to be a subliminal tone of humour in some of those flicks.....

btw: Kaworu?

Isn't that kind of humor what LRR is actually about? And... yeah, that'd be my forum name you wrote down, I'm confused as to what kind of answer you expect about it. o_o

Replies made, I shall stop filling the newcomers thread now.
"Have you seen these national test results?! This boy thinks that the capital of Ontario is ONTARIO CITY! What kind of a capital would be the name of the province again?!"
Kipher
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby Kipher » 05 Jul 2007, 22:05

My name is Andy, hello. Well i told myself that I would finally make a forum account after I have watched ever single video this site has to offer. So here I am, almost half year of being lazy and deciding to watch a video to ease the boredom late...huzzah!

I live in US, I was born in Japan, and I'm of Irish decent. I speak English and Spanish, and fanboy Japanese. I've worked at the local gamestop for a year and get everything early, and I like anime.

I think the way I found this site was because I saw one of the videos on Uncyclopedia(oh well i don't remember) I'm glad I did and great job with the site. Ok I'm done!
:) look a smiley face, it makes you want to smile doesn't it?
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 05 Jul 2007, 22:56

Uncyclopedia? Probably something disparaging about Three PS3s then.

Welcome!
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 05 Jul 2007, 23:30

Kaworu wrote:
Tensen01 wrote:Hey, Kaworu, we're not supposed to use pictures of the cast as out Avatars :D

It would be a pure coincidence if I really did so. Oh well, if I ought to modify anything, I'll be told by the competent authorities.

Haha, you kinda overlooked the joke. Kyle from Hotel Dusk looks remarkably similar to Graham (with the goatee he rocked in Season 1 and 2) so that's why Derek joked about having to change your av from a "cast pic".

And now that I think about it... if you ever decided to do a cosplay, Graham, all you'd have to do is grow back your goatee and put on some Jones clothes- you'd be set! (You should really try that sometime... *cough*At Comic Con*cough* ;D)

Yeah... enough of my rambling. Welcome newbs, I'm Misty. Resident lazy gif maker 8)
Kaworu

Postby Kaworu » 06 Jul 2007, 04:48

mistyladybug wrote:
Haha, you kinda overlooked the joke. Kyle from Hotel Dusk looks remarkably similar to Graham (with the goatee he rocked in Season 1 and 2) so that's why Derek joked about having to change your av from a "cast pic".

True, I was oblivious to this coincidence. Graham, switch back into goatee mode!

I also welcome the newbier than me.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 07 Jul 2007, 13:17

Hey Ganondorf! You took my next name!
i dont know what's happening anymore
DarkMidget

Postby DarkMidget » 08 Jul 2007, 11:57

Ne? Welcome to Kipher! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Return to “General Discussion”