Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Quixotep
First Video: Schrodinger's Fridge

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby Quixotep » 14 Jan 2015, 15:17

Howdy, I am Quixotep (think Don Quixote plus some ancient egyptian otep of some kind) and I've been a fan of lrr from some years, think I started on season 2 way back in the day. I had another account on here years ago but never got too involved, was never really message boardy. However, some of that has changed and with a recent introduction to magic (as in a few years as opposed since childhood/high school), and a subsequent desire to communicate with my fellow nerdish brethren has led me here. I may or a may not be post happy on here, but I hope my presence is a boon to all, like a howling mine or crossroads.
Anaerin
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Anaerin » 20 Jan 2015, 22:12

Introductions? Neat! Let's see.

Name: Robert "Anaerin" Johnston

That's "An-air-in". And it's a wonderful Googlebomb - every single reference to "Anaerin" on Google, that's me.

Gender Identity: Male.
Location: Born in Romford, Essex, United Kingdom. Since '06 living in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Occupation: Web Developer/Programmer. Currently unemployed & unemployable, because the Canadian Immigration system sucks.
Interests: Computers, Comedy, Politics (Satire and parody thereof), Technology, Nature.
Fandom: In no particular order - Doctor Who, Terry Pratchett, Robert Jordan, David and Leah Eddings, Red Dwarf, Jon Stewart, John Oliver, Tim Minchin, LRR...
Pets: 2 Dogs, 8 Cats, 4 Rats, 1 Snake, 1 Betta, 1 Allergic-to-all-but-the-fish wife.

So, that's the basics on me...
Crooned_Eponyms
First Video: Fear Itself

Postby Crooned_Eponyms » 22 Jan 2015, 05:58

Hello Runners!

I've been a massive fan of LRR for a couple years now, but I always kept putting off checking out the forums until now. I also tend to lurk in the Twitch chat when I have the time spare, another thing which I keep meaning to get more involved in but never actually do.

So, about me:

Name: Connor O'Dempsey
Occupation: Unemployed university student - Studying game design at QUT. Loving it, and proving surprisingly good at it, but also finding it (university) is not really an environment I'm all that comfortable working in.
Interests: Video games and design, board games and tabletop games (at least when I can get the people together), Magic the Gathering, reading (thanks to Cameron for getting me hooked on the Culture series), bush walking, wasting inordinate amounts of time doing nothing on the internet
Favourite Games: In no particular order; Persona 4 Golden, Dark Souls, SotC, Civilisation V, TowerFall Ascension
MtG decks: Always Mono-red in standard (including my very first deck), Jund in EDH, Five-Colour Good-Stuff in limited.
Other: I have a few issues with depression and social anxiety, but recently I've gotten them more or less under control. I'll probably go back to lurking and/ or just disappear forever by the end of the week. Have an exceptionally uneventful Ask page here - http://ask.fm/Crooned_Eponyms
vgmaster831
First Video: Imagine If You Will

Postby vgmaster831 » 23 Jan 2015, 15:09

Hello Runners, my name is Pete or VG, according to your preference.

I've been following the LRR Crew for a while now after first seeing them on the Escapist. After I watched their sketches regularly, I slowly started watching more and more of their content. Now that I'm watching most of what they do, I figured it was time to come around here. I can already tell that the LRR Community is awesome from the cool people in the LRL and Desert Bus chats. Plus, I'm in need of another good forum, because I suspect one that I frequent is going the way of the dinosaur soonish. Can't wait to make some memories.

-Pete, VG
VineFynn
First Video: Cleaning Day

Postby VineFynn » 24 Jan 2015, 21:16

Hi, I'm Ellis. I live in Australia, somewhere.

I came across you guys around Christmas time. I've always had a soft spot for sketch comedy, and even though I don't play Magic and I'm not particularly interested in it, you guys managed to make it funny without resorting to in-jokes (too much) by integrating jargon from the game into traditional punny humour that I could understand and laugh at.

I'm 17, interested in macroeconomic policy, 4X games and not being single. Forums aren't really my forte, since they're usually a quagmire of politics and poorly constructed arguments, but since this is a comedy group I'll give it a go. I hope I fit in.
Class: Know-it-all
Status Effects: Depressed, Lazy, Honest, Pretentious, Obnoxious, Idealist
Strength: 5 Constitution: 12 Dexterity: 6 Intelligence: 15 Wisdom: 3 Charisma: -1
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 24 Jan 2015, 23:31

There is little politics here and relatively few poorly contructed arguments.

I am going to assume that you have also lost many hours to Crusader Kings 2.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
VineFynn
First Video: Cleaning Day

Postby VineFynn » 25 Jan 2015, 01:29

Lord Chrusher wrote:There is little politics here and relatively few poorly contructed arguments.

I am going to assume that you have also lost many hours to Crusader Kings 2.

Age shall not weary them.
Class: Know-it-all
Status Effects: Depressed, Lazy, Honest, Pretentious, Obnoxious, Idealist
Strength: 5 Constitution: 12 Dexterity: 6 Intelligence: 15 Wisdom: 3 Charisma: -1
DavidHaitch
First Video: The Unskippable/ZP crossover

Postby DavidHaitch » 28 Jan 2015, 09:36

Technically, this is a reintroduction, since I created this account after Desert Bus 2011 and made like 7 posts before abandoning it. Still, I think this counts.

I just got back from PAX South. I was technically supposed to be working a booth on the expo floor, but I made a point to do as much LRR stuff as I could get away with. Managed to go to the LRR panel, which was great. Asked a stupid question, which was answered. Great fun.

While we were waiting in line, a friendly person taught my boyfriend and me how to play Pack Wars while opening a fat pack of MTG 2015, and played with us until the panel opened. That was very nice of him, I thought, and I realized that the rest of this community is probably nice as well. So here I am back. You didn't miss me.
Speaker-To-Computers
Solomon-Kain
First Video: MTGO Academy Draft

Postby Solomon-Kain » 05 Feb 2015, 09:45

Hello Internet Subculture,

My name is Kenneth aka Solomon-Kain aka 0dysseus aka [Raiders]Hannibal (named after the A-Team, not Silence). I go by Solomon-Kain or username legal variant thereof in most modern non-battle.net games, I am still known as 0dysseus on Battle.net, I felt it was an appropriate name for an RTS game (created during Warcraft 3). [Raiders]Hannibal nee Col.John"Hannibal"Smith formerly just Hannibal, was my Counter-Strike handle for many years. I am 34 years old, live in Orange County California and enjoy long walks on the beach if there is a beer in my hand. :)

My forum activity could be described as roughly analogous to that of a lurker, in that I rarely post unless I feel I have something constructive to contribute to the conversation. Counterstrike, Warcraft 3, Starcraft, and Battlefield 2142 are probably my most played games. I currently play mostly Dark Souls and SolForge, have mostly dropped Hearthstone and Heroes of The Storm. I played a fair bit of LoL but not for some time now.

I will drink anything but prefer Scotch, Rum, and Bourbon with a bit of Ice. Any type of Beer other than IPA with a preference for Brown Ales but will happily order a Budweiser or PBR at any dive bar. I enjoy many types of cocktails so long as they aren't bitter or made with anything related to Licorice. Wine is low on my list of things to drink, but I will enjoy a nice red and often bring them to parties, but it's never something I will buy or order for myself.

I play Magic, mostly Commander or Cube with my friends, will do the occasional Draft or Pre-release at my LGS. I get a lot of shit for running mass land destruction, but goddammit I feel unrepentant ramp should have counters...

And that, I feel is a very good start on getting to know me.
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 05 Feb 2015, 13:57

Welcome! :)

Since you go by so many names, I would suggest that you add your different names to the "Game Friend Codes" list we have up, so we know who you are. :)

http://bit.ly/DBchatgames
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

GamerZack87
First Video: Friday Nights: Untap

Postby GamerZack87 » 10 Feb 2015, 04:47

Hi all! I'm GamerZack87, and I come from a land Down Under. I'm in my mid-late 20s, and I watched my first LRR video a few years back. Over the past year my interest in LRR's work has increased, prompting me to view many of their past works. I figured now was the right time to join the forums, so here I am! I'm a friendly guy with a bit of a quirky sense of humour, a love of Asian-inspired food and a vast imagination.

My interests usually involve gaming, both of the video and tabletop varieties. Video game-wise I generally play Nintendo and PlayStation, and I currently own a Wii U, Wii, 3DS, DS lite and PS Vita consoles, though I'm looking to replace my old, busted PS3, buy a PS4 and upgrade to the New 3DS throughout the year. My Nintendo Network ID is GamerZack87 and my PSN ID is blizZAP, so if you'd like to play some Mario Kart or another game online, feel free to let me know.

Tabletop-wise, I prefer Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons, though I also dabble in a little Summoner Wars. I tend to have a wide range of deck styles in Magic and will play most colour combinations, though I prefer mono-white, mono-blue, Izzet, Selesnya, Naya, Bant, Temur and Jeskai colours; having said that, I tend to avoid playing mono-black, Rakdos, Golgari, Grixis and Abzan colours. I just recently played my first draft piloting a Temur deck and placed 14th out of 17. I'd like to try Commander, but the only friend I have who plays Magic lives in another state, so it seems out of my reach. I most often prefer to DM when it comes to D&D, though I enjoy being a player when the opportunity arises. I am also the author of an ongoing series which is set in my various campaign worlds.

Phew, that's quite the wall of text for my introduction. To those of you who are still reading this post, I look forward to chatting with you in the forums!

--Zack--
A wise man once said...something. I forget.
-
DM and creator of 25 D&D settings spanning 7-and-a-half rules systems
Septupple-agent for the Azorius, Izzet, Selesnya, Dimir, Orzhov, Simic and Boros
Author of Crystals of Silveria and Mask of Akanius
HalfBadger
First Video: Friday Nights - Rotation

Postby HalfBadger » 24 Feb 2015, 21:06

Name: Peter

I have a Science Degree from the University of Manitoba. My major was Mathematics and Statistics, with a minor in Anthropology.

I'm married with 4 kids. Also I have dual Swiss-Canadian citizenship, but was born in Austria.
"If in other sciences we should arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics." - Roger Bacon
Kikazi
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Kikazi » 01 Mar 2015, 18:28

Well, I guess I'll join the fun:

Name: Rob
Hobbies: Videogames, Reading (Sci-fi/Fantasy), CrossFit (no, I didn't drink the cool-aid :roll: ), Day-dreaming,...
(...I really need to work on adding to this hobbies list :? )
Xbox Live Gamertag: Kikazi 1
Current favorite author: Jim Butcher (love his Dresden Files series)
Current favorite music artist: Mitis (look up "Blu" by Mitis on YouTube)
Career: Mechanical Engineer by profession, working in the Nuclear Power Industry
Life Goal: Become financially secure via starting a (or several) business(es), product development, and/or investing...... Oh, and develop a healthy personal relationship with someone female. :oops:

I guess I'll add this to my personal profile, maybe with a bit more explanation on key topics (nuclear energy, crossfit, w/e).

Got a question, feel free to ask! (And please prevent me from remaining a lurker. :mrgreen: )

*edit* So much for including this in the profile. Such limited space! :|
Scientists discover, Mathematicians describe, Engineers design, and Together we develop
AliceMist
First Video: Desert Bus 5 Stream

Postby AliceMist » 19 Mar 2015, 13:03

Hello People!

My name is Alice (66Darkness on minecraft)
I am 16, and sibling of Hekla/Quintondreaming.
I have been watching LRR on and off since DB5, mainly watching the crapshots and DB. I have had the chance to meet three of the crew at PAX East 2015 (I reside in the Boston area).
I am a musician first and foremost- playing Guitar, violin, mandolin, ukelele, bass, and I sing. I listen to a lot of music, of all sorts. (Currently into Lady Lamb The Beekeeper and Cuddle Magic).
I have been meaning to join here for some time, but just recently have had the incentive of the new minecraft server to push me to finally do it.
Also yeah- I will be somewhat active on the minecraft server, so come say hi if you want to...
Redlin5
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby Redlin5 » 31 Mar 2015, 10:12

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to this site but not new to LRR content! So let's do this.

Redlin5
23 yrs old, living in North Vancouver BC presently although I hail from Saskatoon.
I love movies, forum silliness, writing, reading, instrumental music, shooting films and shorts, video gaming and dogs.
I work as a freelance videographer, and I'm currently in the middle of a 4-year film degree course.

I'm always up for a friendly chat and I hope to drop in and out of the forum from time to time. c:
TheGear360
First Video: Schrodinger's Beer?

Postby TheGear360 » 06 Apr 2015, 07:14

*Ahem* Hello all!

I am, in fact, TheGear360, MrGear360, Gear Quandarm, either of those last two seperately, or Radio365 depending on where you find me online.

I hail from the wind swept plains of Oklahoma, surviving tornadoes as though they were the combined sneezes of a small basket of puppies.
I am a 25 year old Electrical Engineering student with two classes remaining before I can go make some money (thank the good Lord above.)

I am new to the forum, but I am certainly not new to the LRR crew. I've been watching for a couple of years now. I think my first video, or the one I can remember first, was Schrodinger's Beer followed by the Story Time with the cheese sandwich.

I have recently started watching the LRLive VODs on Youtube, and loving them. I need more Watch+Play in my body.

You guys are awesome, and I'm glad to be here!
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 06 Apr 2015, 12:48

Hello to new peoples!
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
demiteddybear
First Video: Unskippable

Postby demiteddybear » 13 Apr 2015, 16:50

Good evening Runners!

I'm demiteddybear, I used to always use the handle Lord BoB, but I changed it when I realised that I was the only one who thought the name was funny. I will often crack myself up by myself thinking about puns.

I was born in South Africa and lived in sunny Durban until I moved to rainy Manchester, UK with family. Then I met my wife and joined her in the US and now live in whothehellknowswhatsnext Maryland.

I discovered LRR sometime last year, I think the first thing I ever watched that got me into them was watching the zero punctuation that Graham covered part of, and wondered who the guy was; then I discovered they did unskippable, enjoyed that, started watching feed dump and then the sketches. The first sketch I watched was "Everything is fine", I feel that is a stroke of luck to start out on that sketch.

So, hi again!
Ronwsj
First Video: Friday Nights - Untap

Postby Ronwsj » 14 Apr 2015, 23:09

Hi all~

My name is Ron. I am 25 years of age and hail from Arizona in the USA.

I just got back into playing MTG after watching a LRR video and rekindled my love of MTG. Though the new play formats still confuse me... I'll get there some day.
Time to goat there~!

dinosaur888
First Video: Friday Nights: Guild Fight
Location: B.C., Canada, North America, Earth, Sol System, Local Group, Multiverse

Postby dinosaur888 » 23 Apr 2015, 18:08

Hi, I'm dinosaur888 and I am 15. I live in B.C.'s very own Chinatown (Richmond for those unaware of the joke) and I discovered LRR a year ago from watching the Friday Nights Series trying to learn how to play Magic, though it may have not been the best way. :mrgreen:
wizzerd229
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wizzerd229 » 23 Apr 2015, 22:50

hey, Im Wizzerd229 AKA Zeke229 in the chat. I like LRR, guys, mtg, butts, video games, and stuff.
I owe Graham a beer.

Zeke229 on twitch

ask me shit ask.fm/Zeke229

become my steam friend ( i dont multiplayer though ) http://steamcommunity.com/id/Zeke229

Pronouns They, their
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 24 Apr 2015, 07:55

Welcome to the forum, everybody new. :)
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
CamelKnackRambleHort
First Video: Cursing

Postby CamelKnackRambleHort » 24 Apr 2015, 10:32

Hey all, long time LRR fan (you may know me from the twitch chat) who finally decided to jump into the community. 29 years old, married with a single child. Professional software developer. I make video games as a hobby and I am looking to get into magic.
She/her please
McGurganatorZX
First Video: Feed Dump #200

Postby McGurganatorZX » 26 Apr 2015, 15:25

I started watching earlier this year, and I've enjoyed it sooooooo maaach!

Oh wait, I need to say something about myself....
-I'm a 21 year old from the US (There's and American among us!) and I'm still in college, working towards a degree in economics. I've been playing video games since I can remember and MtG for about a decade.
"Man, you look like a [Adjective] bear. What happened?"

Twitter: https://twitter.com/McGurganMKII
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/McgurganatorZX
Dared00
First Video: The Phone Manner

Postby Dared00 » 28 Apr 2015, 10:58

I'm not actually new, but I haven't been here for over two years, so it's basically the same thing ;D

Hi, I'm Dared00 [dah-red zero zero, zeroes are optional]. I'm a 22-year-old guy from southern Poland, currently unemployed after failing university almost a year ago. I like watching anime (too much anime, 19 shows this season) and playing games (usually Rock Band or a podcast-friendly racer). LRR watcher since Desert Bus 3.

Came here because of two reasons: a) I've binged on LoadingReadyLive last week and finally decided to join/return to the community, and b) I got fed up with blatant racism, sexism and overall douchebaggery on Reddit, and I've heard you guys are cool :D

Return to “General Discussion”