Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
NintendoRev

Postby NintendoRev » 07 Dec 2007, 09:00

AndyTheSkanker wrote:*large block of text*

Woo, you finally joined =D i knew bugging you in msn a few times would help. Heh heh heh.
Friend of the Lemon Tree, Perhaps you forgot.
Moonkea

Postby Moonkea » 15 Dec 2007, 09:08

Evening all, finally registered to the forums after what feels like a year of knowing about and thoroughly enjoying this place.

I'm studying media myself, and as it happens I'm in the middle of editing a music video that uses the very same ghostly effect from "Pull Yourself Together", but one that required a bit more thought (ghost walking in front of someone for example). Anyway, it looks great so far, and its all thanks to ideas from watching LRR, yay!

So, I may not post here much, but rest assured there is yet another faithful fan watching each and every thing I can get my grubby little mitts on.
JohnyMcmuffin
THERE'S Waldo!
First Video: The Stages

Postby JohnyMcmuffin » 17 Dec 2007, 18:32

Hello everyone.

I felt the need to register here after throughly enjoying LRR's videos and podcasts. I found out about them through Desert Bus for Hope, and got hooked on the site, and it felt like a good idea to join the forum community.
wilson_x1999
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wilson_x1999 » 21 Dec 2007, 11:47

I've been posting on the forums for some time, but I hadn't actually posted on this thread, so here it is.

Meatspace name: Marco
Hobbies: pretty much everything that could get me called a geek (anime, sci-fi, fantasy, comics, all kinds of gaming, techy stuff, gadgets)

I hear a lot of music but right now I'm hearing Jonathan Coulton everyday XD

I work as an IT guy for a big software company, work is nice, doesn't pay much, but it's nice and gives me time to browse the interwebs.

The first LRR video that I watched was Overdue, after that I got hooked and did no work at all for 2 days while I watched the rest of the videos :D and now, I'm doing the same, but this time with the LRRCasts :P

I love this site ^_^ almost as much as I love cake!
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 21 Dec 2007, 12:13

wilson_x1999 wrote:I love this site ^_^ almost as much as I love cake!

Thanks! I love you too.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 22 Dec 2007, 08:20

I don't like Cake.
Too sweet.
lol 69

Postby lol 69 » 22 Dec 2007, 15:16

Ever try frying cake? It's like fried ice cream, only doughier.
L!!!
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 22 Dec 2007, 15:16

... EURGH!
CtMolloy

Postby CtMolloy » 22 Dec 2007, 22:47

ahoi!
im steven.
i just registered, ive been watching the videos here for a while. aweome stuff :D
wilson_x1999

Postby wilson_x1999 » 24 Dec 2007, 08:07

Cake wrote:
wilson_x1999 wrote:I love this site ^_^ almost as much as I love cake!

Thanks! I love you too.

Loading Ready Run is filled with love!
GSV Exit Strategy

Postby GSV Exit Strategy » 30 Dec 2007, 08:49

x General Systems Vehicle Exit Strategy
o Loading Ready Run (convertcraft, ex-Sol)

> Loading Ready Run is, put simply, loading-ready-fun.
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 30 Dec 2007, 18:48

Another Iain Banks fan!

Awesome.
Lasbrook

Postby Lasbrook » 30 Dec 2007, 19:05

Hi,

I'm a Desert Bus convert as well tho i've taken longer than most to get here as i've pretty much absorbed all the content on the site first, even the lrrcasts and the whatever thing. BTW, thanks for the end of the dinosaur lrrcast, i didn't have my hearing destroyed nearly enough that day. No really, i have quotas to meet.

I'm your run of the mill nerd i guess, sci-fi, fantasy,anime and all that. Used to be a big star wars nerd, currently watch Battlestar Galactica, some Stargate and Doctor Who (frankly dont care for the new season on scifi feels likes he uses the tardis just to pick up chicks). Also a big mecha fan, gundam mostly, and own a perfect grade strike gundam and skygrasper which are entirely awesome. Like everyone else i imagine i play video games, currently playing Guild Wars and CoD4. I'm a big magic nerd but play less and less as my group spreads apart sadly.

Oh, and i've probably pre-emptively killed my free time in 2008 since i discovered recently that amazon has complete baldur's gate and fallout collections for only like $45 after shipping.

Well, i believe that's enough rambling for now. Seeya.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » 03 Jan 2008, 08:47

Lasbrook wrote:Hi,

I'm a Desert Bus convert as well tho i've taken longer than most to get here as i've pretty much absorbed all the content on the site first, even the lrrcasts and the whatever thing. BTW, thanks for the end of the dinosaur lrrcast, i didn't have my hearing destroyed nearly enough that day. No really, i have quotas to meet.

I'm your run of the mill nerd i guess, sci-fi, fantasy,anime and all that. Used to be a big star wars nerd, currently watch Battlestar Galactica, some Stargate and Doctor Who (frankly dont care for the new season on scifi feels likes he uses the tardis just to pick up chicks). Also a big mecha fan, gundam mostly, and own a perfect grade strike gundam and skygrasper which are entirely awesome. Like everyone else i imagine i play video games, currently playing Guild Wars and CoD4. I'm a big magic nerd but play less and less as my group spreads apart sadly.

Oh, and i've probably pre-emptively killed my free time in 2008 since i discovered recently that amazon has complete baldur's gate and fallout collections for only like $45 after shipping.

Well, i believe that's enough rambling for now. Seeya.

Welcome, additional player of CoD4.
wilson_x1999

Postby wilson_x1999 » 03 Jan 2008, 15:41

Lasbrook wrote:...Doctor Who (frankly dont care for the new season on scifi feels likes he uses the tardis just to pick up chicks)...

I really don't see anything wrong with that :P

Also, welcome to the forums! :)
Lasbrook

Postby Lasbrook » 16 Jan 2008, 14:55

It just cheapened everything they built up with Rose for me, that's why i dont like it.

(dont mind the semi-necroing i havent been on in forever).
Clemintine

Postby Clemintine » 19 Jan 2008, 17:03

Hallo hallo

Mah name is melissa and at the moment i really need a shower, but i decided introducing myself was more important first!
I tend to skip these intro duce threads alot but i also decided i should break that habit!
exclamationmarks!

Likes: !'s ...but not that much. Music, Friends, Art, Drawing, Painting, Photography, Video games, Writing, Movies, Magic, Anime, Reading, Hot and Soup soup poured over good rice, Sushi, Driving (though i don't have a license so, that's pretty illegal), Showering, Christmas lights as year round decoration, Salted top Crackers, Clementines, Mangostiens, Pomegranates, Being Outside on Sunny Sunny Warm days, Tree Climbing, Trampoline Jumping, Rope Swinging, Swimming in Lakes, Talking to Strangers, Hearing Jokes, Trust.... Lots more, but i shouldn't take over the space.

Dislikes: Uncomfortableness, Pierre G., when i make spelling mistskes, Clubbing (sometimes just crowds of people too), Talking to Drunk Strangers on Crack, Betrayal, Hunger, Metal tasting Tea, Being Sick, Being Late for stuff ( even if i always AM, i don't like it =( ), Insomnia, Bad Dreams.... you know, the usual stuff. !

Well, i've taken a week off video games to clear my head for a bit. I know, it sounds crazy, but i just need it. Though before i did i was Addicted to Pokemon Emerald / Diamond and Ragnarok Online :oops:
Girly things, you know.

I miss playing wow D=

Okay! That's all i gottoo say, i am off for now, see you all later.
Glad to be here ^_^
Rawr
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 19 Jan 2008, 17:22

Welcome to the forums officially.
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 19 Jan 2008, 17:46

I used to play RO lol.

Welcome.
i dont know what's happening anymore
The Pious Flea

Postby The Pious Flea » 19 Jan 2008, 17:53

Welcome!

Why do you have a blurry picture of a Minbari as your avatar?
I require a dance of intellect. Put on your thinking shoes!

Dance with us, LRR! Dance with us into oblivion!

Do not question me! I control your arms!
Clemintine

Postby Clemintine » 19 Jan 2008, 18:45

The Pious Flea wrote:Welcome!

Why do you have a blurry picture of a Minbari as your avatar?

Thats me in the picture, Very blurried.
I don't know who Minbari is but i am going to find out now >_>
Rawr
HYRS
First Video: Quantam Documentary? It's been awhile.

Postby HYRS » 19 Jan 2008, 18:50

Heyyyyyyyyy.
Blueliquidfire

Postby Blueliquidfire » 20 Jan 2008, 17:58

hi...im new....im seeing how my avy works :D
Philes

Postby Philes » 27 Jan 2008, 22:41

Greetings random intertrons people. I am Philes, and I found my way here a right around the time the Talk Like a Pirate Video came out and have been a casual fan ever since. Only recently have I gone through the archives and watched damn near everything in LRR. 90% of it is hilarious! The other 10% is 90% acceptable.

Now for the boring stuff: Like most others here, I am a geek (for example, I knew the line that Graham quoted from Star Trek on a podcast before he said it - "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra"), but didn't really get "into" LRR until the podcasts. I am a Pharmacy graduate student in Minnesota, and am generally recognized as the geekiest of my friends. This forum seems fun, hopefully I'll stick around and find out.

And now, an amusing picture to somehow justify a lame intro post:

There are things in this world that I dislike. One of the things I dislike the most is a serious argument, well constructed, delivered by someone who makes themselves difficult to respect.
Wingedchief
The Goddamn Batman

Postby Wingedchief » 28 Jan 2008, 18:28

Hello. I'm not really new, but I've like never posted because it was suggested that having someone with 2 posts and a custom title would piss someone off, so I rolled with it. Now I find myself with entirely too much time spent not wasting time on the interbutts, so I figured this would be a good spot to hang out.
"We don't take American Express!" - Brute, confronted with speeding warthog

Return to “General Discussion”