Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
Dntspard
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby Dntspard » 16 Jun 2015, 10:55

Just realized that I've Never introduced myself here...sorry

My name is Sloan and I've been a fan for a long time. Pretty much a nerd as nerd goes. Anyways, Nice to meet you all.
Heronator
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Heronator » 23 Jun 2015, 15:18

Hi everybody, I'm Heronator. I've been following LRR videos and such for about a year and a half now, but I thought I'd finally get involved with the community. I especially love Loading Ready Live (I've been watching everything on Youtube and today decided to subscribe to the Twitch channel as well, even though my schedule rarely allows me to actually watch the streams on Twitch).
PockyD
First Video: Unsinkable episode 1

Postby PockyD » 23 Jun 2015, 19:19

I am Pocky D I am also Pocky_FBTV on Twitch. Lets make Lego not Warcraft.
Splash4Mirrodin
First Video: Unskippable - Lost Planet

Postby Splash4Mirrodin » 28 Jun 2015, 09:26

Hello, I'm Splash4Mirrodin. I've been following LRR videos for around 3.5 years, but I finally figured I'd get involved here. I really love Friday Nights and Commodore Hustle. I watch the live streams when I can (which currently isn't much due to working 2nd shift, but I still try to listen and pop into chat when I have a break) .
Siblin
First Video: ENN

Postby Siblin » 29 Jun 2015, 12:49

Hey, I'm Siblin. I've followed LRR for a few years, while on escapist, thought i would make an account because why not.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 30 Jun 2015, 09:40

Welcome newcomers. BOW TO ME!
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Ptangmatik
First Video: probably one of the 1st unskippables

Postby Ptangmatik » 30 Jun 2015, 12:42

(He collects knotted ribbons)

ps. Heyo new peeps!
Geoff_B wrote: ... Even for here, that was weird.
RedHelveticaCake
First Video: Feed Dump 146
Location: Toronto, floating 4' off the ground, next to a sink

Postby RedHelveticaCake » 03 Jul 2015, 21:31

Hi, I'm new and I've sort of been watching LRR on and off for a while since finding them on the Escapist. Recently I've been mainlining all the older videos because I needed something to keep me entertained while packing for a move.
While I was registering to this forum, the site asked me which was the first LRR video I watched. I had to look that up - it was Florida and Andy's Explosion of Crazy, which I don't think I've rewatched since the first time I saw it. Rewatched it just now. I was crying, and I may have pulled a diaphragm from laughing so hard.
I think I got into the community just in time to make a submission to Desert Bus 9! Ask me about making cute things!
You can lead an idiot to knowledge, but you can't make them think.
kiwijelly
First Video: Probably an Unskippable

Postby kiwijelly » 05 Jul 2015, 13:21

Hi, I'm Kiwijelly. I'm unemployed a freelance artist from Brooklyn. Thought I'd introduce myself with a random fact.
The Star-nosed Mole can smell underwater.

I watched LRR when they were on the Escapist, and more or less fell in love during DB5. I was going through a rough patch, and both the stream and the chat were really great at reminding me there were important, good things happening outside of my bubble. They also encouraged me to make a cake.
BluDragoon
First Video: Tap Tap Concede

Postby BluDragoon » 07 Jul 2015, 22:16

Hi, this is BluDragoon. I'm a MTG Fanatic from the UK.

I lurk constantly on any MTG or RPG related LRR stream, love Atlus and FF games with a passion as hot as the sun and play magic way too much.

I also love cats and baking. Not baking cats.
BeatrixPlotter
First Video: Spring

Postby BeatrixPlotter » 10 Jul 2015, 09:28

*pokes head in*

Hi, I'm BeatrixPlotter. I live in Birmingham in the UK, and I'm an academic support worker. What that usually means is I help out students with disabilities in their university life, whether that's mobility around campus, taking notes in lectures, or what have you. In my spare time, I'm a blogger for a variety of websites, and I volunteer with the Samaritans.

Things I like: Dogs, horror novels, and inappropriate swearing.
rakslice
First Video: Probably some Checkpoint or other

Postby rakslice » 12 Jul 2015, 20:45

Heya! rak here. Long time listener, first time caller. I'm a geek-type person living in the Okanagan Valley -- that's about 350km northeast of the moonbase. Occupation-wise, I've earned my keep for almost a decade coding and doing assorted technical drudgery at area startups.

The first LRR thing I can recall seeing was Checkpoint on PATV (how long has it been?) but I have a sneaking suspicion that there was something before that I've forgotten.
orthogonaltee
First Video: Friday Nights - The Masters

Postby orthogonaltee » 15 Jul 2015, 12:56

Hey, everyone!

I'm a physics teacher/masters student who specializes in astrophysics and cosmology while making my mind explode with research into differential topology specifically as it relates to curved spacetime. So yeah, I need a break every so often, so I play Magic and I play lots of video games, mostly RPGs and third-person shooters.

I got hooked into LRR when I saw the Modern Masters Friday Nights video which one of my friends linked to. Two years later, I have seem most of the sketches, I watched a good amount of Desert Bus 8, and I can be seen on the Twitch feed in the chat most nights when I have time.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 15 Jul 2015, 13:13

Hello to new people! We don't bite, honest. Do not feed the Elomin.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
Whatanvarno
First Video: Technically? 3 PS3s

Postby Whatanvarno » 15 Jul 2015, 14:37

Hello!

I've been lurking for around two years now and decided to actually make an account.

I'm into Magic, Role-playing Games, Video Games, Anime and such.
Ennui On Me
First Video: The first on the Escapist.

Postby Ennui On Me » 24 Jul 2015, 18:09

Hello, friends and a minimal number of non-friends. My name is Ennui On Me, as it rhymes, and ennui is my favorite word. Let us engage in the merriment of community as we drift across time, casting comforts among ourselves in that corporeal yet infinite way that mankind has of unifying itself into a gorgeous whole.

As is custom, introductions are in order beyond merely the username that you can already see. I am 16, and my name is Alex. I am pure pretentiousness, and I enjoy films, anime, music, literature, and the like. My favorite movies are A Clockwork Orange, 2001, and Scott Pilgrim. My favorite anime are FLCL and Ghost in the Shell. My favorite recording artists are Frank Zappa and David Bowie. My favorite literary figures are Allen Ginsberg, William S. Burroughs, and Anthony Burgess. My biggest pet peeve is when people exclude the Oxford comma. My favorite food is pizza.
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 28 Jul 2015, 08:05

OM NOM NOM NOM!
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
goblingravy
First Video: Friday Nights In Command

Postby goblingravy » 29 Jul 2015, 16:46

Sup, nerds?

I'm a highschool student in upstate NY. I like LRR because their mishaps are funny and oddly captivating. I play a lot of Magic, too.
NaiduDa
First Video: Friday Nights: Packs on Packs

Postby NaiduDa » 10 Aug 2015, 21:37

Hello there! I am a huge fan of LRR, and have been so immediately after seeing things like Friday Nights and such. I only wish I had started watching LRR BEFORE their final season of sketches came out. It was kind of a bummer to me, but then I immediately went online and watched nearly every LRR video out there, because that's the kind of person I am :P. LRR is the reason I started using Twitch, because I must HAVE ALL LRR ALL TIME 4EVER.

*ahem*

back on topic...

I enjoy MTG and puns, and combinations of the two? (Pretend the last part of that sentence was in Graham's voice from "What's Going On" or LoadingReadyRumble 2" or the stinger from "A Plan [commodoreHUSTLE]" or wherever else that character was in. He's like my favorite LRR character. ACK! Getting sidetracked again...) Anyway, I am a huge nerd and I enjoy dabbling in many different nerdy things. I live in the American Midwest, and enjoy recreational activities such as fencing, drawing, writing, composing, acting, and video games. And Magic. Did I mention that already? Whatever. Like I said, I dabble in many things, but don't take that to mean I am great at any or all of them. I am simply dece. I am active in various Twitch chat stream things (My username is the same as the one for this forum). I am vaguely foreign, so I can boast only being half-white (half-hearted cheer). I feel like not revealing any intimate details about my personal life (so I shan't), so yeah. That's pretty much me. This thread is still active right? Do people even read these? You know what [NaiduDa], just don't worry about it.
Okay cool I guess.
Bye?
No, that doesn't feel quite right.
Sincerely,
NaiduDa
No, what am I doing, writing a letter?
Okay, you know what I'm just ending this.
FriendlyZombie
First Video: Friday Nights (can't remember which)

Postby FriendlyZombie » 11 Aug 2015, 16:01

Hi all!

I'm from England. I just qualified as a primary school teacher and will soon enter the scary world of supply teaching. I like MtG, over-analysing films, stand-up comedy and various bits of history. Big fan of Doctor Who, both old and new, too.
ea_jonno
First Video: Feed Dump ep ???

Postby ea_jonno » 14 Aug 2015, 21:34

Hey eveyone, long time watcher, first time poster, here's a little about me.

I live in Western Australia, and have loved LRR ever since i first saw Feed Dump back around, oh, say 2013. Love all their content and how genuine they all are, (Cam, I like you best, but don't tell the others ;)).

I do a little acting of my own, some plays, musicals and a couple of sketch comedy webisodes which were a lot of fun to make but haven't gotten very many views.

I love my gaming and I'm a bit of an expert in nothing in particular, and yeah, so that's me.
WesleyHickey
First Video: Friday Nights

Postby WesleyHickey » 17 Aug 2015, 07:13

Hello!
I started a new hobby, Taekwando,
I love boardgames, Clue and Risk are my favorite.
I am a activist which people think I'm insane,
but hey, the smart people look dumb to the dumb people!
BlueChloroplast
First Video: something on the escapist

Postby BlueChloroplast » 19 Aug 2015, 01:36

welcome new ones :)
Phoenixturn
First Video: Twenty-Thirteen

Postby Phoenixturn » 21 Aug 2015, 15:06

Hiya!
The name's Astrid, I'm a trans girl living in Somerset (UK)
You may recognise the username from twitch (where I get mistaken for Phoenixmelior on a regular basis), as I'm the sort of person who's not averse to watching livestreams that start at 3AM.
If I'm not consuming LRR-related media, I'm writing or preparing to study geology at Hull in September.
Unintentionally starting to develop a Canadian accent.
MetricFurlong
First Video: Phone Manner

Postby MetricFurlong » 21 Aug 2015, 15:21

Hello Phoenixturn, I think I remember seeing you in chat the other day. Allow me to welcome you as a fellow member of the Sleepless Brits subgroup of LRR-fans. Our time zone woes are many, but at least we don't have it quite as bad as some of the more Easterly peoples :P

Return to “General Discussion”