Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Drop by and talk about anything you want. This is where all cheese-related discussions should go
BatManBearPig

Re: Introduce yourselves! (A friendly topic for new members)

Postby BatManBearPig » 05 Jun 2009, 04:59

Hello... I am BatManBearPig.
Better known as Jamie... Or Eimmy... Or y'know... you can always call me 'that one crazy batman-obsessed chick.. with the face'.
That might be too long for you. <_< I.. don't know.
I'm an AIPAH dropout. ._.
And... I have a rabbit.
Oh. I was square enough to never learn of this site until tonight. WHY. OH WHY?!
Yeah anyway.
o_o
Please don't ever change.
R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow. 13/3/09
Lelork

Postby Lelork » 05 Jun 2009, 05:23

Chris
16 yrs old, stuck in Sydney, Australia. This disappoints me greatly.
I have a passion for writing and acting, and currently attend The Australian International Performing Arts High, or AIPAH (I am rather aware that including the Adjective "international" makes the name redundant, Thankyou :| )
I currently work at a local video store.
I've been a fan of the site for about a year, but I've avoided joining the forums until now.
BatManBearPig

Postby BatManBearPig » 05 Jun 2009, 05:38

Lelork wrote:Chris
16 yrs old, stuck in Sydney, Australia. This disappoints me greatly.
I have a passion for writing and acting, and currently attend The Australian International Performing Arts High, or AIPAH (I am rather aware that including the Adjective "international" makes the name redundant, Thankyou :| )
I currently work at a local video store.
I've been a fan of the site for about a year, but I've avoided joining the forums until now.

HAI CHRIS. =D
I know you. o:
And uh... what does 'redundant' mean? o_O
Please don't ever change.
R.I.P Captain Jack Sparrow. 13/3/09
masamune
First Video: -

Postby masamune » 05 Jun 2009, 05:52

oh, for the love of ...
Lelork

Postby Lelork » 05 Jun 2009, 06:04

BatManBearPig wrote:
Lelork wrote:Chris
And uh... what does 'redundant' mean? o_O

re⋅dun⋅dant - adjective
1. verbose, repetitive.
2. excessive; useless; superfluous, tautologous.
Revenge is a dish best served medium rare.
JiggMaster

Postby JiggMaster » 05 Jun 2009, 11:41

Hi, I'm Graham.

Ironically enough I was leading a sketch troupe slightly before I found LRR. Then I found out there was another guy in canada with the same name and same Awkward obsession (Editing). I feel weird now.

I'm a fanatic of pretty much all forms of art except ironically still images. Paintings and photos and drawings just don't do much for me.

I'm in a band known currently as both "The Fudgey Pop Wankers" and "Atomic Tangerine". I'm the Bassist and lead singer. Taking most of my bass influence from Les Claypool and Victor Wooten.

Music taste ranges from 20's jazz and blues to 90's alt (Not Grunge, that implies Nirvana) to 60's and 70's funk to Modern Jazz. Mostly the Bass and Drum focused stuff, never been much for the guitar.

Also I believe that popular music committed suicide about at the beginning of this decade (I'm looking at you Arctic Monkeys)

Band I'm listening to way too much of right now is Pearl Jam. I take an awkward mental comfort when I listen to them.

I've been in a few live plays, I played Tim Allgood in a production of Noises Off. And a character known as Eugene in a smaller play called "No Horse Town".

Oh and I'm 16.
DeliciousCake

Postby DeliciousCake » 05 Jun 2009, 18:15

y halo thar,

I'm Franco, 17, and love delicious cake. Given that its delicious, of course. I'm currently eating small children in Ontario while going to a school as a daytime facade to lead the po-pos on a wild goose chase. Also I like redundancy (and internet memes). Redundancy is redundant, in case you guys didn't know. I may or may not be a recovering /b/tard. I also love cake.
(Didn't notice this thing when I made my other topic, sorry).
indianajoe

Postby indianajoe » 06 Jun 2009, 12:30

Hi.
The name's Joe. I am 26 years old and I live with my wife and son over in sunny Hove, UK. I'm originally from a small town in Indiana. I then moved to an even smaller town in Indiana called Santa Claus.

I like all the videos and am trying to get my wife interested in them. She claims she does not have the verisimilitude to watch a lot of them. She says that about a lot of the things that I do.

I like most kinds of music. However, I really enjoy classic rock. And I too am a fan of cake! I think cake is better if it doesn't have icing/frosting on it. that's just my personal opinion though.
DeliciousCake

Postby DeliciousCake » 06 Jun 2009, 13:18

Yeah, sometimes, the icing and frosting makes cake too sweet, but usually its good. It really depends on the kind of cake though, I must say delicious cake is quite ambiguous.
JiggMaster

Postby JiggMaster » 06 Jun 2009, 19:48

Chocolate Cake + Orange icing = YAY
indianajoe

Postby indianajoe » 06 Jun 2009, 22:43

Chocolate Cake + Peanut Butter icing is always popular as well.
DeliciousCake

Postby DeliciousCake » 07 Jun 2009, 13:36

I cast lvl 3 Subject Change.

How do you guys like my avatar? It's a shitting dick cannon, pretty awesome, if I may say so myself. Goddamn lurking gets you good stuff sometimes.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 07 Jun 2009, 17:52

DeliciousCake wrote:I cast lvl 3 Subject Change.

Phail. This is a dedicated, stickied topic. If you want to ask about your avatar (which is ok I guess), do so. Don't say you're "changing the topic".
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Slaashyish

Postby Slaashyish » 07 Jun 2009, 18:09

Hi. Hey. Hullo, or hello as is more modern, and technically correct, though I've always enjoyed a good Hullo. Wotcha. Howdie. G'Day. Guten Abend/Tag/Morgen (depending). Hallo. Konnichiwa. Bonjour. Auf Wiedersehen... no wrong way.

Anyway, the point is, I'm here, I'm queer(in the old meaning, and a little bit of the new, but that's neither here nor there), get used to it or ignore me.

Also. English. Don't know if that's relevent to anything, but I may use some colloquialisms at some point that confuse and frighten some people, don't worry about it, they frighten me too.
"I'm not a comic book villain. Do you think I'd explain my masterstroke to you if there was even the slightest chance you could influence it. I implimented it thirty five minutes ago."
DeliciousCake

Postby DeliciousCake » 07 Jun 2009, 18:33

the amativeness wrote:Phail. This is a dedicated, stickied topic. If you want to ask about your avatar (which is ok I guess), do so. Don't say you're "changing the topic".

Sorry if my spell was ambiguous. I meant the subject of cakes which the previous few posters were talking about. But seriously, it should be fine to talk about other stuff inside of a stickied topic, as long as you don't try to change the flow of the ENTIRE thread (that would be thread jacking, everybody knows Canadians don't jack shit, they rochambeau* for it). But yeah, read the box text on my spell next time ;)

*None of that pussy rock paper scissors rochambeau, I'm talking flying dragon kick to the balls rochambeau (Morgan would be able to explain in better detail).
Wartoa

Postby Wartoa » 08 Jun 2009, 09:43

Hi, I'm Wartoa, or Andrew, I just found you guys earlier this week through The Escapist and Unskippable, which I have been watching since it came out. I love your work, I went through and watched every video in the archives to pass the time while I played WoW. I really wish I lived closer to Canada now, but im way down south in Alabama :( . I'll have to come visit Victoria in the future.

Anyways keep the hilarity coming!
Koons

Postby Koons » 08 Jun 2009, 16:48

Hey, I'm Koons, been watching your videos for some time... except I never really was interested in the forum stuff...
That's changed however, and I think you guys should keep up the good work! (If you get this name you're way, way more into modern art than most people)
Gobukiller

Postby Gobukiller » 10 Jun 2009, 18:37

Hi. I'm Alex. One of those musician/filmmaker/grocery store employee types. I'm from North Carolina... One of those "American" types (I think the only accurate name is "Resident of the United States of America," but who has time for that? Maybe an acronym? Am I a Rotusan?).

I found LRR via Unskippable, via Zero Punctuation, via the last forum community I frequented... Kinda full circle... ish...

I just spent the last few days watching the series from the beginning (or at least as far back as the archives go...) and it has led me to the following realizations:

-Watching nothing but the same thing in every bit of free time makes you look at the world in an odd light... Like when I watched all 78 episodes of Gargoyles in a row and imagined I was walking around with wings...
-I feel like I know the crew, and that's weird. I don't know them. They live in Canada. On the west coast. That's like... the inverse of where I live.
-Kathleen has lost a lot of weight recently. At first I thought it was a good thing, but now I'm worried. You OK, Kathleen?
-Listening to Tom Waits while posting is weird... Actually, listening to any Tom Waits after Heartattack and Vine is weird no matter what you're doing, but yeah...
-LRR is like a Canadian WKUK... They're both internet sketch comedy, except WKUK is a little more low brow and highly inaccurate... OK, WKUK is an American LRR...
-Lists are FUN!
-No they're not
-I should have watched the videos at a slower pace because now I'm expecting at least five videos a day... I'm going to be disappointed...
-Uwe Boll appears smarter than his movies would lead you to believe... Maybe that's why they keep giving him money to make movies...
-I like the flash player with fullscreen the best... They're sticking with that one from now on, right?
-I think I'm done with this list thingy...
-Wait, no I'm not
-OK, now I am.

Edit: OK, I just read Wartoa's post and I just feel like a cover band :(

I guess I still have the list thing... that's something, right?
(Not Gosukiller. I do not watch Dragon Ball Z)
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 11 Jun 2009, 08:47

Ok, so I've commented on videos a bit, but I've decided to actually JOIN this forum, and participate in things other than, well, commenting on videos.

Most people (on the internet) call me Levi, and you guys can too. I like LRR, the internet, video games, anime, Fight Club (Best Movie EVER). I'm a lazy bum who doesn't like to work, so I waste time on the internet while in class. Like now. I'm a high school student living in the GTA, in Ontario, in Canada. I've been watching LRR for a few years now.

I'm artsy in that I wish I had talent, and will often fail at trying to express myself through music, prose, or art. I don't have anything witty enough to epitomize myself as a signature. Maybe one day. One day... Also, if you have Steam, its rather easy to find me on it, as I'm just Levi_theDreamer there. As almost everywhere.

I also want to be a Runner, as you guys are awesome. Next Operation, I WILL try. (I Hope [Oh, I forgot, I like embedding brackets {like this}]).
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
Mad Madam Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual
Location: Merry Ol' England. An almost interesting place. Almost.

Postby Mad Madam Mimm » 14 Jun 2009, 12:37

Hello.

I'm Mimm. I'm British. I'm feeling a little awkward, all said. I'm also no good at these introductions. Right, let's sum me up in a sentance then...

an 18 year old, British, tap-dancing, wiccan, transvestite ventriloquist with a soft spot for silliness and sarcasm.

AAAAAAaaannnnnnd......... I like chocolate. That's all I can think of right now. So, Hi, I'm here!
Yaxley wrote:I think life occasionally needs someone to ask "Okay, seriously guys. What the hell is going on?"

2 Students, 1 Alien (1 cat, 1 blob and several supporting characters, not to mention weekly sillies)

Tap-dancing Transvestite Ventriloquist
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 14 Jun 2009, 14:58

I think you'll fit right in here.

Welcome all.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Jackrabbit

Postby Jackrabbit » 15 Jun 2009, 20:53

Hello. I am Jackrabbit.

I believe cheese was promised?
Is a fool
Arcticfox

Postby Arcticfox » 16 Jun 2009, 13:27

Heya,

I found LRR through Desert Bus through Penny Arcade... been just watching since, but decided to join in the phun. I like long walks on the beach, reading, murdering hobos, gaming and triathlons. I'm a software engineer and I've always dreamed of one day writing a stoplight.
~~Arcticfox~~
Pigmy Wurm

Postby Pigmy Wurm » 18 Jun 2009, 11:32

So I was going to right my own intro but then I read Gobukillers and found it to be oddly similar to what I was going to say so I hope that no one minds that I'm going to just steal his and edit to meat my needs.

Gobukiller wrote:Hi. I'm Peter. One of those college student types. I'm from Massachusets... One of those "American" types (I think the only accurate name is "Resident of the United States of America," but who has time for that? Maybe an acronym? Am I a Rotusan?).

I found LRR via Unskippable, via Zero Punctuation, via a friend of mine who to my knowledge has no idea that LRR exists

Okay and then it stops being oddly the same as what I was going to say so I will cease with the plagiarism.

Oh and one thing I have to mention, it's really weird listening to you guys because your accent is almost exactly the same as what is around here, but your pronunciation is oddly different. It's like if you took a relatively subtle US accent from the north east introduced some Midwestern terminology, and then used the British pronunciation for stuff but without the accent. It makes sense why, but it's kind of weird.
Gobukiller

Postby Gobukiller » 18 Jun 2009, 12:07

Bastard! *shakes fist, vengefully*
(Not Gosukiller. I do not watch Dragon Ball Z)

Return to “General Discussion”